How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

The top one is from mum’s garden, last December when I was in Perth.

Second some random garden in Williamstown.

The hibiscus from the Williamstown Botanic Gardens, yesterday.

Does Williamstown have a ferry from Melbourne?  I recall a tennis lady doing a day tour.

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The top one is from mum’s garden, last December when I was in Perth.

Second some random garden in Williamstown.

The hibiscus from the Williamstown Botanic Gardens, yesterday.

Lucky you visited your mother in Perth in December, before everything changed.

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Does Williamstown have a ferry from Melbourne?  I recall a tennis lady doing a day tour.

Lucky you visited your mother in Perth in December, before everything changed.

there is normally a ferry service from Southbank in the city to Williamstown. Mainly a tourist service.  Currently on a break, but they are doing extensive repairs to Gem Pier in Williamstown.

There is also normally a ferry across to St Kilda. I know some people hav caught that from Station Pier when they have come on cruise ships.

Regarding Mum, certainly hoping all sorts of circumstances improve as she turns 90 mid November. Need a party. Here she is

C113283A-F20C-42D6-82AF-C70F7CC87170.thumb.jpeg.b8ba7ff7a86ee1976c8b7195b9274277.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

there is normally a ferry service from Southbank in the city to Williamstown. Mainly a tourist service.  Currently on a break, but they are doing extensive repairs to Gem Pier in Williamstown.

There is also normally a ferry across to St Kilda. I know some people hav caught that from Station Pier when they have come on cruise ships.

Regarding Mum, certainly hoping all sorts of circumstances improve as she turns 90 mid November. Need a party. Here she is

C113283A-F20C-42D6-82AF-C70F7CC87170.thumb.jpeg.b8ba7ff7a86ee1976c8b7195b9274277.jpeg

Beautiful photo Adrian, hopefully you will be able to travel to Perth for your Mum's 90th. My Dad was 90 nearly two weeks ago. My sister and brother and their spouses and Rob and I were going to be in Warrnambool to help him celebrate, along with my Mum and brother. Even if we been able to travel within Victoria, my sister and brother and spouses live interstate and would have had to go into quarantine when they returned to their respective states. Phone calls were the go and my cousin did a 'care' visit taking a cake and scones, jam and cream. Her daughter when out walking her dog, early in the morning tied balloons to a bush in the front garden, which said 90. 

Image preview

• Like 1

Ducked down to see mum for a quick visit today, as only two can go at a time figured if we went today the rest could spread out through the day tomorrow. She has been doing it tough not seeing her kids so this weekend will help even if it is only an hour each.

• Like 1

Mr Gut, I think you might like this story. My daughter and her family have two elderly dogs. My younger grandson is preparing for when the dogs won’t be with them by saving all his money so he can buy a  miniature schnauzer. 

Leigh

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

Mr Gut, I think you might like this story. My daughter and her family have two elderly dogs. My younger grandson is preparing for when the dogs won’t be with them by saving all his money so he can buy a  miniature schnauzer. 

Leigh

They are certainly a great dog and I am happy to put them in touch with a breeder when they are ready, but they are in huge demand and often you need to wait.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

This ones a good one...

Nessun Dorma...alla Corona - Daniel Emmet

https://youtu.be/uL52AuF4QzY

I think a few maestros might let a cautious smile slip by (including Luciano, as it's his signature aria) after viewing this, now that several weeks have gone by and especially since one of the grandest palaces of opera, La Scala, has been shuttered for awhile and likely won't reopen anytime soon. It was something to see Andrea Bocelli sing alone in and outside of La Duomo in Milano. 

Great share, all of you have been sharing wonderful things. Thank you so much. I am looking for Aussie tv recommendations. Mr Gut, Kiwi, Docker, Mic, possum, what say you? I have an Aussie colleague but I think they watch a lot of Aussie kids shows...4 year olds run things!

Keep well and safe everyone, hang in there.  🙂 

Edited by Host Bonjour
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Host Bonjour said:

I a few maestros might let a cautious smile slip by (including Luciano, as it's his signature aria) after viewing this, now that several weeks have gone by and especially since one of the grandest palaces of opera, La Scala, has been shuttered for awhile and likely won't reopen anytime soon. It was something to see Andrea Bocelli sing alone in and outside of La Duomo in Milano. 

Anything by The Tallis Scholars will keep me happy  

Regards

John

23 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Yes that was the ferry.  I remember thinking I'll do that trip next time I visit the tennis.  90 is a grand age. Hope it isn't too long before you can visit.  Guess it depends when the borders are open again.  

Edited by MMDown Under

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

They are certainly a great dog and I am happy to put them in touch with a breeder when they are ready, but they are in huge demand and often you need to wait.

I remember when my neighbour had to wait for her dog from a breeder.  I had never seen such an affectionate dog, before Duchess.  

17 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Ducked down to see mum for a quick visit today, as only two can go at a time figured if we went today the rest could spread out through the day tomorrow. She has been doing it tough not seeing her kids so this weekend will help even if it is only an hour each.

That was a nice gesture to spread out your mother's Mother's Day visits.  

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Thank you Mr Gut. 

I have a crook back after doing some spadework in the yard yesterday so no windsurfing today - bugger. Spent the morning reading paper and doing puzzles. Lunch was Hot Box from local noodle shop. Finished reading book #4 "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". Started #5 "... the Order of the Phoenix".

Each book is getting thicker book #3 - 317  pages, #4 - 636 pages, #5 - 766 pages. Oh, well, it keeps me off the streets, er, and the water, until my back's better

Monday afternoon , 4 pm  , Jacinda will make the much anticipated announcement about when and if we move to Level 2 in NZ .

We are more than ready for it now as it would mean shops could open again and business would be back to almost normal .

27 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Monday afternoon , 4 pm  , Jacinda will make the much anticipated announcement about when and if we move to Level 2 in NZ .

We are more than ready for it now as it would mean shops could open again and business would be back to almost normal .

Exciting times then.

9 hours ago, Host Bonjour said:

I a few maestros might let a cautious smile slip by (including Luciano, as it's his signature aria) after viewing this, now that several weeks have gone by and especially since one of the grandest palaces of opera, La Scala, has been shuttered for awhile and likely won't reopen anytime soon. It was something to see Andrea Bocelli sing alone in and outside of La Duomo in Milano. 

Great share, all of you have been sharing wonderful things. Thank you so much. I am looking for Aussie tv recommendations. Mr Gut, Kiwi, Docker, Mic, possum, what say you? I have an Aussie colleague but I think they watch a lot of Aussie kids shows...4 year olds run things!

Keep well and safe everyone, hang in there.  🙂 

Thank you. What type of TV shows, do you like to watch. Let us know and we can perhaps come up with some suggestions.

Does your colleague's family watch Bluey? It is an Australian cartoon series about a blue heeler dog called Bluey and her family. Her father is also a blue heeler named Bandit who is an archeologist. Mum is Chilli and sister Bingo who are red heelers.

Characters | Bluey Official Website

It is a very cute cartoon and kids love the characters, including my granddaughters. 

• Like 1

Upper Middle Bogan

A searing, socio political analysis of contemporary Australian society (or a comedy).

Host Bonjour, the real question, what genres are you interested in? 

you could see if you can connect/download iview which gives free access to a range of tv shows on the national broadcaster.

Edited by Docker123