How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

6 year old "hugging Grandma" would have broken my heart.  My friend's 3 small grandchildren are coming to visit outside in the courtyard with grand parents inside behind glass.  1 litre bottle of Gin would have been a welcome present.  I love Pimms (? gin core ingredient).  I think it is important to maintain contact with our loved ones and friends.

I was a bit teary at the little ones in the "Frozen" dresses. My daughter and I were both saying we wanted to hug - we do that often - but we didn't.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I was a bit teary at the little ones in the "Frozen" dresses. My daughter and I were both saying we wanted to hug - we do that often - but we didn't.

No, you are not allowed.  You'll have to take an IOU.

49 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Hmmm I made mushroom soup from mushrooms I got from a local park it was nice but the after dinner show of 100 purple elephants dancing swan lake whilst singing meatloafs bat out of hell and the accompanying light show was even better.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Day 8 - 4 dead passengers on Zaandam. Passengers over 70 and passengers in inside cabins transferred to Rotterdam. 

Italian interview with daughter with the virus who thinks she infected her parents who are both in hospital with the virus - no visitors allowed in hospital, no-one allowed at funeral.  Good news there is a nurse assistant angel who takes messages between family members.

Spain hospital - first person to leave intensive care live - walls lined with medical staff all clapping.

Me in happy tears.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Interesting things, my GP sent me for a CT, he rang me with the results “ It sure is a complicated mess”.

I 'spose that's a change from the usual "good news/bad news".

Good to see you're still with us and posting.

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Interesting things, my GP sent me for a CT, he rang me with the results “ It sure is a complicated mess”.

Better result than mine after a Nuclear bone scan of my spine, "There's nothing we can do for you except painkillers", this from my GP who is a personal friend of many years.

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Hmmm I made mushroom soup from mushrooms I got from a local park it was nice but the after dinner show of 100 purple elephants dancing swan lake whilst singing meatloafs bat out of hell and the accompanying light show was even better.

Mushies from the park Gut? Do you have a death wish, an easier death would be to hang around Sydney Airport for a couple of days and wait for C word to claim thee.   All the best and lay off the toadstools.

Day 10 - Two dogs on bed with me.  Me who said "No dog is getting on my bed!"  I'm from country stock where dogs stayed outside.  The dogs are whippets. (Fig from Figment of Imagination from WDW and Chase)

Cooked Thai Chicken Noodle Soup - comfort food.  Daughter made Vegetable and Soba Noodle Salad with honey ginger cashews.  Today I'm going to make another chicken dish, because chicken doesn't keep.  

Am going to watch less TV today, except for Insiders. 

Beautiful bright blue skies and cool sea breezes at the Coast.  28c today  Yard looks lush, with the lawn growing as you watch!  Filled green bin to be collected tomorrow. 

Picturing Spring in Central Park and thinking of my friends in Manhattan, Upstate NY and Florida.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, Russell21 said:

Better result than mine after a Nuclear bone scan of my spine, "There's nothing we can do for you except painkillers", this from my GP who is a personal friend of many years.

Sorry to hear about your chronic pain GUT2407 & Russell21.

Day 10 - Two dogs on bed with me.  Me who said "No dog is getting on my bed!"  I'm from country stock where dogs stayed outside.  The dogs are whippets. (Fig from Figment of Imagination from WDW and Chase)

Cooked Thai Chicken Noodle Soup - comfort food.  Daughter made Vegetable and Soba Noodle Salad with honey ginger cashews.  Today I'm going to make another chicken dish, because chicken doesn't keep.  

Am going to watch less TV today, except for Insiders. 

Beautiful bright blue skies and cool sea breezes at the Coast.  

We picked up our new caravan yesterday (well new to us!!) Felt really bad driving it the 10 minutes home, other drivers thinking we are swanning around travelling haha!! So now 2 vans parked on our property.

Including our three spare bedrooms and caravans we have 3 spare queens beds, 1 double bed and two singles!! All ready for a big family get together when this is all over.

We will spend our weekends getting the old van ready to sell.

We did Zoom tonight with all the kids and grand kids, so much fun. 

Son, partner and grandson live near us, one son in Brisbane and daughter and 3 grandsons in Sydney.

Grandkids were dancing, showing us stuff, kids bought out all their old photos and we had a laugh, had tours of everyone's house and daughters new furniture. The dogs were included too!! So much love🥰

Andy is now catching up with his 84yr Dad on the phone, even though he is only 10 minutes away he will not visit him as Andy is still working, unless he needs his help on the farm.

So all good here, staying home, staying safe, just going for groceries.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We picked up our new caravan yesterday (well new to us!!) Felt really bad driving it the 10 minutes home, other drivers thinking we are swanning around travelling haha!! So now 2 vans parked on our property.

Including our three spare bedrooms and caravans we have 3 spare queens beds, 1 double bed and two singles!! All ready for a big family get together when this is all over.

Son, partner and grandson live near us, one son in Brisbane and daughter and 3 grandsons in Sydney.

Grandkids were dancing, showing us stuff, kids bought out all their old photos and we had a laugh, had tours of everyone's house and daughters new furniture. The dogs were included too!! So much love🥰

Andy is now catching up with his 84yr Dad on the phone, even though he is only 10 minutes away he will not visit him as Andy is still working, unless he needs his help on the farm.

Sounds like a great family catch up.

17 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Congratulations on your new caravan.  Just when you have an excess of accommodation, no visitors!  You'll have time to get  your old van in mint condition to sell.  I could almost hear your noisy family celebrations on Zoom.  Zoom ? I've never heard of that.  Is it like Facebook?  Enjoy dreaming about where you are going travel when this is all over.  I assume this is an upgrade to toilet and shower - don't forget the toilet paper

Stay home and keep safe

28 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

All those spare beds, you could probably open a quarantine station. A bit of spare cash from the govt would be nice.

Cruisers only, of course.

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Congratulations on your new caravan.  Just when you have an excess of accommodation, no visitors!  You'll have time to get  your old van in mint condition to sell.  I could almost hear your noisy family celebrations on Zoom.  Zoom ? I've never heard of that.  Is it like Facebook?  Enjoy dreaming about where you are going travel when this is all over.  I assume this is an upgrade to toilet and shower - don't forget the toilet paper

Stay home and keep safe

Zoom is like Skype.

One of our sons is IT for Essentail Energy, he is training staff so they can work from home etc

He was a great teacher for us to learn how to use it.

It is his birthday next week so we will get together and have a "party" to celebrate.

Andy and I wore our hawaiian shirts tonight and had a Pacific Island background  with palm trees and beach. Next week will be party hats and virtual cake!!

Hopefully we will do a shake down trip to a National Park in Taree October long weekend if we are allowed out, we did this with our first van in 2011 before our trip around OZ.

Yes, this one has a shower and toilet ensuite, such luxury, like a ship cabin....but bigger!! Hopefully no TP shortage then.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

All those spare beds, you could probably open a quarantine station. A bit of spare cash from the govt would be nice.

Cruisers only, of course.

I saw online that farmers were opening properties for Grey Nomads that could not get back home due to closed borders etc.

How great is Australia and our kindness.

I noticed Wauchope Showground has quite a few caravans still there as I drive past. Perhaps they are taking shelter and keeping safe in our little community. 

It was a safe haven during  the bush fires for people and animals, so I hope it is the same for those that cannot get home with the closed borders.

At times like these I am glad we live here🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Awww, so cute!😊 An excellent example of competent actions during self-isolation. I'm very happy for you, and I'd  like to wish that all families have everything as nice and cozy as yours 🙂

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

I hope you didn't have to pick up the van from somewhere like, say, Walcha? The Oxley Highway is a great road on two wheels but I would not like to travel it on four wheels towing  a van.

I have a van that I should sell as it doesn't get used any more now that I'm on my own.

Have a great reunion.

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I hope you didn't have to pick up the van from somewhere like, say, Walcha? The Oxley Highway is a great road on two wheels but I would not like to travel it on four wheels towing  a van.

I have a van that I should sell as it doesn't get used any more now that I'm on my own.

Have a great reunion.

No we didn't, we would never drive a van up the mountain if we could help it, although I did most of my driver training on the Walcha mountain, and I wasn't going slow, it's where I learnt driving lines. No caravan behind though!!