Magnifica has 250 passengers with flu symptoms

teamflames

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

I understand it's at tender in Fremantle. Australia has closed its borders to non citizens. The ship reports no illness on board. It is fully fuelled and provisioned. There is no more for Australia to do. 

Live marine traffic shows Magnifica just doing slow circles outside of Perth/Fremantle. 

image.png.973312a50b4dab68dcc231eb218331b2.png

On 3/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, icat2000 said:

Like I said tough times at the moment. 80% of infections have come from overseas or people returning from overseas or stupid tourists not quarantine themselves. We cannot get some Australians to observe social distancing. There is going to be some very hard times for a lot of people including myself until we wake up and start taking things seriously.

Sure I don’t doubt no Australians onboard factored in the no decision. 

The facts are -

Cruise ship visits to Australia were banned. 

The two cruise ships not given permission to disembark passengers (unless they needed urgent hospital care) were not scheduled to stop in Fremantle.

Vasta da Garma, with many Aussie and Kiwi, plus a few Brit, passengers was scheduled to stop in Fremantle.  The WA Government has cleared Rottnest Island for Aussie passengers to be placed in quarantine there for 14 days. 

The WA Government has learnt from the Ruby Princess experience, where people infected by the virus are now scattered all over Aust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

The facts are -

Cruise ship visits to Australia were banned. 

The two cruise ships not given permission to disembark passengers (unless they needed urgent hospital care) were not scheduled to stop in Fremantle.

Vasta da Garma, with many Aussie and Kiwi, plus a few Brit, passengers was scheduled to stop in Fremantle.  The WA Government has cleared Rottnest Island for Aussie passengers to be placed in quarantine there for 14 days. 

The WA Government has learnt from the Ruby Princess experience, where people infected by the virus are now scattered all over Aust.

The border closures were known throughout the world. There was notice given. If the Government backs down now then how can they expect its citizens to understand any of this. Given they were supposed to be in Northern Waters by now but changed their course south and west they chose a path that was very risky. They should have continued sailing north and away from Australia. I'm pleased that the WA is showing strength. Shame NSW didn't. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WH_Cruise said:

How and why cruises are still operating when over a quarter of the worlds population (billions of people) are in some form of enforced quarantine is mental.

These were cruises that departed before lockdowns were going into place.  And as places started locking down, ports were closed.

1 hour ago, aprilF said:

These were cruises that departed before lockdowns were going into place.  And as places started locking down, ports were closed.

But they should have stopped earlier and everyone knows it.  Ships already out there should have made for port, not waited and tried to complete doomed itineraries.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:38 AM, samiam1 said:

But they should have stopped earlier and everyone knows it.  Ships already out there should have made for port, not waited and tried to complete doomed itineraries.

I think most (all?) have been trying to find a port that will accept them and is a port most of the passengers can fly home from.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Heading for the Suez canal enroute to an unspecified Mediterranean port according to a report that I saw yesterday. 

Heard from someone onboard expected to dock Marseille next monday 20th.

• Like 1