Cruise Critic Community
porthole21

Potential much needed good news

If it's TRUE then the french finally won a war.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

My waistline says they won the potato war a long time ago 🙂

image.png.402322ba358e6c43592e9d672e758570.png

13 minutes ago, porthole21 said:

Thought i would share this....we need some hope and positive energy nowadays. Obviously time will tell but much better than all the doom and gloom out here. Cant wait to sail again with you folks.....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6144015101001/

I have read elsewhere about that combination being effective earlier this week.  I am cautiously optimistic as with many other reports about treatment.

Thanks for the link.

There is a lot of concern about this, and Dr. Oz mentioned it...lack of pills and hoarding.  The CDC and FDA have not tasted the actual validity of these medicines, nor the potential problems when used for Covid 19.  Dr. Fauci addressed this directly a few days ago during the daily press briefing.    As hopeful as we all are that this will be the treatment, and we'll get this behind us, the concern is that too many of our resources will be pushed into production of a drug that is not effective at the expense of further research.  Cautious optimism is certainly warranted.  But caution is the key.  

Just my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

There is a lot of concern about this, and Dr. Oz mentioned it...lack of pills and hoarding.  The CDC and FDA have not tasted the actual validity of these medicines, nor the potential problems when used for Covid 19.  Dr. Fauci addressed this directly a few days ago during the daily press briefing.    As hopeful as we all are that this will be the treatment, and we'll get this behind us, the concern is that too many of our resources will be pushed into production of a drug that is not effective at the expense of further research.  Cautious optimism is certainly warranted.  But caution is the key.  

Just my opinion. 

Excellent post

Another thing to keep in mind, this is still months away from actual realistic use. The FDA has been burned in the past acting too quickly, their whole purpose is to not let something like this thru too quickly with no after the fact information. Studies start in NY on Tuesday, compassionate use approval's will be scattered around elsewhere.

So, ideally. NY starts Tuesday, by this coming weekend everyone it is used on is better. FDA will monitor this group for 30 - 60 days, then nation wide approval of use. 

Dr. Oz is a TV "personality", his medical specialty is cardiology, not epidemiology. Take anything he says with a liberal supply of grains of salt.

Anecdotal information from a single non-controlled, non-clinical trial is just that Anecdotal. I'll be more hopeful once the data from the live clinical trial that is starting today or tomorrow in NYC with 10,000 doses of this same cocktail are available and analyzed.

1 hour ago, porthole21 said:

Thought i would share this....we need some hope and positive energy nowadays. Obviously time will tell but much better than all the doom and gloom out here. Cant wait to sail again with you folks.....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6144015101001/

Fox News, a source of truth and wisdom.

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Dr. Oz is a TV "personality", his medical specialty is cardiology, not epidemiology. Take anything he says with a liberal supply of grains of salt.

Anecdotal information from a single non-controlled, non-clinical trial is just that Anecdotal. I'll be more hopeful once the data from the live clinical trial that is starting today or tomorrow in NYC with 10,000 doses of this same cocktail are available and analyzed.

Agree, I have heard some seriously weird, unproven ideas come from Dr. Oz over the years he has been a celebrity.

Sherri🙂

Yes, Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), is an effective drug, for treating malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.  Evidence of it being effective for COVID-19 is pure speculation.

In the meantime, people are getting so excited about this that supplies of the drug are drying up and those who really need it, being treated for lupus, arthritis and malaria, can't find the drug.

Let's stop pushing speculative theories on television talk shows and listen to the real scientists and experts!

Yes, Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), is an effective drug, for treating malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.  Evidence of it being effective for COVID-19 is pure speculation.

In the meantime, people are getting so excited about this that supplies of the drug are drying up and those who really need it, being treated for lupus, arthritis and malaria, can't find the drug.

Let's stop pushing speculative theories on television talk shows and listen to the real scientists and experts!

He was quoting scientist - Actually.

People want hope - this brings hope. I am pretty sure if anyone was suffering from this virus they would drink toilet water if a study suggested it. People do crazier stuff for cancer - this is a real study and time will tell if it’s small sample size is indicative of what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am wondering something. Have been a military spouse. And in The early 80's i recieved malaria inoculation. Will this help against covd19

Second guess the health fields are sorry they went disposables on mask and gowns. Can't rewash and use. Causing shortages. But will uv light kill the virus?? With the past anthrax scares post office uv lighted the mail. 

16 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

People want hope - this brings hope. I am pretty sure if anyone was suffering from this virus they would drink toilet water if a study suggested it. People do crazier stuff for cancer - this is a real study and time will tell if it’s small sample size is indicative of what happens.

Of course people want hope, I really hope studies prove this does work.  But it is very irresponsible to go on TV and promote this at this stage.

Sherri🙂

47 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Sorry but you are off base....plenty of real scientists and experts have been touting this drug as beneficial and a possible breakthrough.  

https://www.foxnews.com/health/florida-man-with-coronavirus-claims-malaria-drug-saved-life

43 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

He was quoting a single study, conducted by a single author in a single medical journal in France (the textbook definition of anecdotal data). Any first year science student would know that if they answered "yes" to either of these questions: 1) "Is this a controlled clinical trial", and/or 2) "are these data conclusive and reliable for post clinical trial use", they would fail the course.

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Sorry but you are off base....plenty of real scientists and experts have been touting this drug as beneficial and a possible breakthrough.  

https://www.foxnews.com/health/florida-man-with-coronavirus-claims-malaria-drug-saved-life

The key word is "possible". That's why controlled clinical trials are conducted.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Sorry, but you are very off base... the anecdotal story of a 52 year old man is hardly "plenty of real scientists or experts."  If you relying on the report from France, it is hardly proof of success.

Yes, I love good news and pray that a cure may be found, but to spread false hope simple encourages many people not to take this seriously.

Edited by yogimax

19 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Sorry, but you are very off base... the anecdotal story of a 52 year old man is hardly "plenty of real scientists or experts."  If you relying on the report from France, it is hardly proof of success.

Yes, I love good news and pray that a cure may be found, but to spread false hope simple encourages many people not to take this seriously.

It is a path in the maze.  May not be "the" path but we don't know what we don't know yet.  Let's let it play out and hope we find the correct path out of this mess.

Any good news is good to hear.  I doubt folks are making decisions based on this info.

Lol,didnt take long for the doom and gloomers to post on this. Pessimism and doom and gloom is the mantra here now. Nothing wrong with being positive. Wow 

41 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I just threw the article in my post to show people the concept has been recently used. I certainly did not have it in my post as a part of the argument. You evidently DO NOT like good news as you seem determined to spread doom over a drug which has been touted by multiple sources including Dr. Fauci. The fact is it is being looked at and in some cases already implemented with success.

12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

You evidently DO NOT like good news as you seem determined to spread doom over a drug which has been touted by multiple sources including Dr. Fauci.

Really??? 

"Fauci clarified some of Trump's comments about the drug on Friday after the president said he had a "good feeling" about it. He said that hydroxychloroquine could not be used to prevent COVID-19."

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I am wondering something. Have been a military spouse. And in The early 80's i recieved malaria inoculation. Will this help against covd19

Second guess the health fields are sorry they went disposables on mask and gowns. Can't rewash and use. Causing shortages. But will uv light kill the virus?? With the past anthrax scares post office uv lighted the mail. 

I have seen reports that some hospitals are using uv light.  I wasn't paying enough attention to hear if they are using it on masks/gowns used for treating patients with corvid-19 or just in general.