Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
klfhngr

Does anyone have a link or screenshot

Of Carnivals' cancellation policy where they stated that older ones or people with health issues can get a full refund? I can't find it anywhere and I'm being told that this was only for cruises last week.

Thanks in advance!

Go to the website and click on "Travel Health Advisory" at the top.  Then click on "Cancelled Cruises Update."

Thank you, but I'm looking for the more specific statement from them. Where they said those over 70 and with health issues can get a full refund. I found snippets from John H., but I'm looking for the chart where they showed cutoff dates and all that. I can't find it, ugh! 

I've never heard of that policy. Maybe you mean if you show up to board and dont have a doctors note, and refused boarding, you get a refund?

But not refund in advance I've heard of. Just fcc

If they allowed you to cancel because of age or underlying condition, people would be allowed to cancel all over the place.

I'm turning 70, so my non refundable deposit is now refundable if I'm 70? 

I think you only get a refund if your cruise is cancelled or you showed up for a cruise and weren't allowed to board when the doctors note was new.

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've never heard of that policy. Maybe you mean if you show up to board and dont have a doctors note, and refused boarding, you get a refund?

But not refund in advance I've heard of. Just fcc

If they allowed you to cancel because of age or underlying condition, people would be allowed to cancel all over the place.

I'm turning 70, so my non refundable deposit is now refundable if I'm 70? 

I think you only get a refund if your cruise is cancelled or you showed up for a cruise and weren't allowed to board when the doctors note was new.

They actually did make that offer, full refund. 70 and older, if you had current hospital visit and underlying health issues like diabetes, respitory, etc.

Posted (edited)

I dont know if either one of thses is what you are looking for, but thought I would drop them here just in case

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2740728-carnival-cancellations-thread-please-read/?do=findComment&comment=59628357

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2741218-carnival-cancellation-policy/?do=findComment&comment=59640550

Edited by CAnative1

54 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

They actually did make that offer, full refund. 70 and older, if you had current hospital visit and underlying health issues like diabetes, respitory, etc.

I hadnt heard of it.

If you get more information I'll follow

Nice of them if so. I turn 70 before the next cruise I booked and sure dont want to have to get a doctor to sign off.

2 hours ago, CAnative1 said:

Thank you very much. I'm trying to find the one based in age and pre-existing health issues. I knew I should've saved it! 

I really think that it was only for people scheduled on the cruises that were leaving the weekend after they made the rule.

20 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I really think that it was only for people scheduled on the cruises that were leaving the weekend after they made the rule.

That makes sense. I really cant see them making a rule if you are aged 70 or have a medical condition you can cancel. Be nice for me though!!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Of Carnivals' cancellation policy where they stated that older ones or people with health issues can get a full refund? I can't find it anywhere and I'm being told that this was only for cruises last week.

Thanks in advance!

NEW TRAVEL POLICY
ALL SAILINGS DEPARTING
03/13/2020 TO 03/16/2020

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED

March 12, 2020

Dear Carnival Guest:

Public health authorities believe older travelers with severe, chronic medical conditions are more susceptible to contracting coronavirus. Your health and well-being remain our highest priority. Effective immediately, we are proactively implementing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding cruise ship travel.

The following individuals will temporarily not be allowed to sail:
Guests who have been hospitalized in the last two months for, or have a history of, severe or chronic medical conditions.

Per CDC, chronic conditions are defined as an illness persisting for a long time or constantly recurring, such as diabetes, heart, kidney or lung disease, suppressed immunity (i.e., active cancer, taking steroids) or require oxygen for any reason.

Guests who are 70 years and older, will be required to present a doctor's "fit to sail' letter at check-in, confirming they do not meet any of the health/medical criteria.
If you are unable to present this letter, you will not be allowed to cruise.

Guests who have been to or traveled through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, Singapore in the last 20 days prior to embarkation.

Guests who have been in contact with another person diagnosed with or tested for COVID-19.
Anyone who meets any of the above criteria must cancel their reservation and may select one of the following options:

Receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). In addition, guests will also receive a future onboard credit - US$300 per stateroom if you were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 5 days or less; US$600 per stateroom if you were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 6 days or longer - when you rebook your future cruise.

Receive a cash refund, to be processed to the original form of payment within 90 days.
Guests traveling in the same stateroom as the impacted party are also eligible for the compensation options listed above.

Any accompanying family or friends in separate staterooms who also wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit.

Since we are experiencing high call volume, please complete this form if you meet any of the above criteria for canceling your cruise. We will process your request and send you a confirmation. There is no need to call us.

Pre-purchased shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded. If you elect a refund, please note it will be processed in approximately 90 days.

We recognize the impact of these new policies and sincerely apologize for any disruption to your vacation plans. We trust you understand these temporary policies reflect an industry wide agreement with the U.S. government that were made with your best interest at heart.

Edited by TNcruising02