Very upset with RCCL with cancellation a d FCC

mar915

So we cancelled our 4 day cruise on March 13 which was 33 days before our cruise. Now they are saying we get all FCC but the invoice says 50% fee. They told my TA that they gave us all.it back in FCC instead and thatbennis their new policy but nowhere is that shown. My family has three more cruises next year and are ready to canel all.of them. We would have waited to see I'd the  cruise was cancelled for April 13th if we knew that was the case. 

Edited by mar915

16 minutes ago, mar915 said:

So we cancelled our 4 day cruise on March 13 which was 33 days before our cruise. Now they are saying we get all FCC but the invoice says 50% fee. They told my TA that they gave us all.it back in FCC instead and thatbennis their new policy but nowhere is that shown. My family has three more cruises next year and are ready to canel all.of them. We would have waited to see I'd the  cruise was cancelled for April 13th if we knew that was the case. 

Effective March 10th you had 2 options. You could cancel without penalty and receive a 100% FCC or you could cancel under the original terms of your contract and receive a 50% refund with no FCC. 

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

I thought if Royal cancelled the cruise you would get 100% full refund

It is.  The OP was talking about a 50% refund as per the cancellation guidelines 

also that only only applies if you have not previously cancelled the cruise under the cruise with confidence policy 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

So those with cruises in April, May, June should not cancel themselves but rather wait and let Royal cancel so they get a full refund, correct?

Absolutely.  If you cancel now all you are going to get is a 100%FCC.  

While we don’t know what Royal will offer for the next round of cancellations it will almost certainly include a full refund option. 

• Like 1

I had the same thing happened. I was promised refund and FCC but only got 100% FCC. After being on the phone for 2 hours I was told it was corrected and I would get 50% refund and 50% FCC. But I have not seen the refund yet. I will give it time before I call again. Of course if I could go back in time I would wait for Royal to cancel and get a full refund.

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

I doubt Trump would have discussed them as much as he did last night if the cruise lines haven't been lobbying for federal help.

Maybe things have changed since Friday when this was posted. 

Government Report--Cruise lines are not included in the Senate Republican economic rescue plan submitted this afternoon, reports Anne Madison, strategic communications consultant for CLIA.
"We do know there has been public acknowledgement by officials to provide support through economic stimulus, but the cruise lines are not lobbying for or asking for a bailout," says Madison.
She continues: "The most important stimulus the government can provide is help for small- and medium-size businesses. We know that every 1% decline in cruisers from the U.S. alone results in the loss of 2,000 U.S. jobs.
"Those jobs are primarily small businesses and independent business owners—and they extend beyond the cruise industry. The jobs directly impacted are travel agents and small travel agencies who are responsible for booking 75% of cruises in the U.S.A. and whose livelihoods depend on cruise.

48 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Trump said they will help cruise lines

I heard trump talking about LOANS, which you read as bailouts.

Doesnt mean ourusualbeach is wrong about bailouts.

I hear rcl secured a loan in fact. Doesnt mean it was or wasnt with govt help

True small businesses can get loans forgiven. Nothing was said large businesses can.

Trump never said bailout, you did. 

Ourusualbeach is correct as usual. Imo

If you have a link to a bail out please post it. I've heard trump speaking of loans. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I had the same thing happened. I was promised refund and FCC but only got 100% FCC. After being on the phone for 2 hours I was told it was corrected and I would get 50% refund and 50% FCC. But I have not seen the refund yet. I will give it time before I call again. Of course if I could go back in time I would wait for Royal to cancel and get a full refund.

I cancelled our cruise on March 10, supposed to sail March 22. I got a Dr. note that we couldn't sail and got all our money back.  Credited to our CC.  This was before the sailing got cancelled anyway.  But their "Cruise with Confidence" policy says you can get 100% FCC.

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe things have changed since Friday when this was posted. 

Government Report--Cruise lines are not included in the Senate Republican economic rescue plan submitted this afternoon, reports Anne Madison, strategic communications consultant for CLIA.
"We do know there has been public acknowledgement by officials to provide support through economic stimulus, but the cruise lines are not lobbying for or asking for a bailout," says Madison.
She continues: "The most important stimulus the government can provide is help for small- and medium-size businesses. We know that every 1% decline in cruisers from the U.S. alone results in the loss of 2,000 U.S. jobs.
"Those jobs are primarily small businesses and independent business owners—and they extend beyond the cruise industry. The jobs directly impacted are travel agents and small travel agencies who are responsible for booking 75% of cruises in the U.S.A. and whose livelihoods depend on cruise.

I'm okay with that, good for the Senate.  Why should my tax $$ go to bailout a non American company who mostly employs non Americans?  I'm sorry the workers are getting sent home, but I think the cruise lines should make them whole,  not us.

7 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

I'm okay with that, good for the Senate.  Why should my tax $$ go to bailout a non American company who mostly employs non Americans?  I'm sorry the workers are getting sent home, but I think the cruise lines should make them whole,  not us.

Maybe this is why......

With increased embarkations come increased onshore spending. In 2018, cruise lines, their passengers and crew spent a record $23.96 billion in the United States—a 33 percent increase since 2010. Additionally, 2018 saw a new peak in the cruise industry’s U.S. expenditures, generating 421,711 jobs across the United States and contributing more than $23.15 billion in wages and salaries, a nearly 13 percent increase since 2016.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

I cancelled our cruise on March 10, supposed to sail March 22. I got a Dr. note that we couldn't sail and got all our money back.  Credited to our CC.  This was before the sailing got cancelled anyway.  But their "Cruise with Confidence" policy says you can get 100% FCC.

When I canceled and what the rep told me on the phone. Was I would get 50% refund and the 50% penalty would come back to me as FCC.