Very upset with RCCL with cancellation a d FCC

mar915

18 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

I'm okay with that, good for the Senate.  Why should my tax $$ go to bailout a non American company who mostly employs non Americans?  I'm sorry the workers are getting sent home, but I think the cruise lines should make them whole,  not us.

Very myopic view of the cruise-line business model impact on US domestic economy. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mar915 said:

So we cancelled our 4 day cruise on March 13 which was 33 days before our cruise. Now they are saying we get all FCC but the invoice says 50% fee. They told my TA that they gave us all.it back in FCC instead and thatbennis their new policy but nowhere is that shown. My family has three more cruises next year and are ready to canel all.of them. We would have waited to see I'd the  cruise was cancelled for April 13th if we knew that was the case. 

I understand that you are upset; evidently your TA did not explain the terms of the cancellation beforehand.  Or maybe the TA did not understand the terms themselves beforehand.  That is an unfortunate miscommunication; it happens.  In any case, if you now have the FCC’s, why not apply them to the first of those those three cruises you have already booked?  

21 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

So those with cruises in April, May, June should not cancel themselves but rather wait and let Royal cancel so they get a full refund, correct?

Although generally true, there were a few cruises for which RCI extended the final payment date.  If you are booked on one of the following cruises, you have a few days to cancel and get a refund as opposed to FCC (except for NRD).

Royal has reduced the final payment date to 60 days for European sailings.

Ships:  AL, AN, EX, JW, RH, VI

Sailing between May 29 and June 11

The final payment date for our Anthem May 29 sailing was moved back to March 30.  Some of our group cancelled this weekend and were able to get 100% refund but for the NRD.  They did however, have to call twice until they spoke with an agent who understood that these sailings are an exception to the ordinary and cruise with confidence policies.

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I heard trump talking about LOANS, which you read as bailouts.

Doesnt mean ourusualbeach is wrong about bailouts.

I hear rcl secured a loan in fact. Doesnt mean it was or wasnt with govt help

True small businesses can get loans forgiven. Nothing was said large businesses can.

Trump never said bailout, you did. 

Ourusualbeach is correct as usual. Imo

If you have a link to a bail out please post it. I've heard trump speaking of loans. 

It’s funny how spoken words and meanings are changed