To confirm I have this new cancellation 20% correct?

BoundForSea

OK, I’m searching for the clarification info on this and can’t seem to locate it. If I have this right, I can cancel my May 17 booking, take the FCC, book another before April 11th, and then they will take another 20% off the fare (fees, taxes not included) when its booked (not shown on online final price) and you apply your FCC?

I wanted to make sure I have this right before I wait on hold and call. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BoundForSea said:

OK, I’m searching for the clarification info on this and can’t seem to locate it. If I have this right, I can cancel my May 17 booking, take the FCC, book another before April 11th, and then they will take another 20% off the fare (fees, taxes not included) when its booked (not shown on online final price) and you apply your FCC?

I wanted to make sure I have this right before I wait on hold and call. Thanks!

Yes you can.  I booked last night, got 30% off for the sale, plus another 20% off.  The discount is only on the cruise fare.  I was able to book a 4 day longer cruise, in a Spa balcony, for $250 less!

But call your PCC and be sure.

37 minutes ago, NoleFan2U said:

Yes you can.  I booked last night, got 30% off for the sale, plus another 20% off.  The discount is only on the cruise fare.  I was able to book a 4 day longer cruise, in a Spa balcony, for $250 less!

But call your PCC and be sure.

To get the discounts do you have to book direct with NCL, thank you

3 minutes ago, GOTTODOIT said:

To get the discounts do you have to book direct with NCL, thank you

I was told you do not.  Your TA can call NCL and get the 20%.

But I like to book direct as I usually end up getting a better deal in the end (my cruise is not until 4/2021)

18 minutes ago, _Rick_ said:

The extra 20% off is only for those cruises cancelled within the 30 day March-April time frame.

Otherwise EVERYBODY would be cancelling and rebooking.

That's what I figured. So to answer OPs question, no you do not get the 20% off.

51 minutes ago, pentiumvi said:

That's what I figured. So to answer OPs question, no you do not get the 20% off.

Exactly why I was asking. Thanks all. 

Also, just FYI TAs get a 5% bump in Commission for rebooking when you get the 20%. 

Im calling in the AM and Ill let you all know. 

Let me add to the confusion that so many of us are getting from our travel agents (TA) and directly from NCL about the 20% off offer. I am not criticizing either group. They are all trying to do the best they can.  My experience with NCL staff has been professional each time. I know our TA’s and NCL staff are just as frustrated as all of us are currently. I am just glad that I am at home and not stuck on a cruise ship or in a foreign country wondering what is next. My prayers go to all those people.  

In the last two days I have spoken with NCL about the 20% off offer and so has my TA today. Each of the conversations involved NCL supervisors to confirm the information below.

You already know if NCL suspended your cruise you are receiving a voucher for either 150% or 125% depending on the time frame of your cruise. Plus if you take a voucher you will receive an additional 20% off another cruise if you book it by April 10, 2020 and go on the cruise by 12/31/22.  Or if you don’t want a voucher, you can get a full refund for the amount you paid for the cruise. If you choose the refund option, you don't get the 20% off offer. You and NCL are finished with each other. 

What is not real clear, and a lot of people are asking, do you get the 20% off offer if you:

1.     Cancel your current cruise now or have already cancelled your current cruise (on or after March 10) that was scheduled between March 10 and September 30, 2020, 

2.     Taking a voucher, and

3.     Then booking another cruise before April 10, 2020.

You might also be asking can you get the 20% off offer if you first book a new cruise (by April 10) and then cancel your current cruise by September 30, 2020. Or you have already booked a new cruise and still have your current cruise in place (our case).

These questions were put to NCL three times. Each time we got the answer yes.

I think the confusing is where NCL web-page staff put the 20% off offer on the web page under the suspended section. Even the two NCL employees I talked with had to talk to a supervisor. 

Again, if you book another cruise before April 10 and cancel your current cruise first or after booking the new cruise, the 20% off offer applies and you have to take a voucher unless your cruise was suspended on the above dates by NCL. 

NCL will apply the voucher and the 20% off once you get the voucher. Your cost will then be readjusted.  You will not have to cancel your booking and rebook like sometimes is the case I am told.

The risk: The unknown is waiting for NCL to suspend your cruise if you are leaving after April 11, 2020. In our case we are on the Trans-Atlantic cruise in April 2020. If they do suspend our cruise what will the offer be? Will we be offered the 125%-150% voucher plus 20% off an already 30% discount cruise?  Sweet deal if so. 

BTW, yesterday, Emirates airlines cancelled our flight from Barcelona to So. Africa on May 5th. If there are no flights out of Barcelona, I don’t know how NCL can stop there to let passengers off if they cannot continue their trip by air.

Should you be wondering why I would even care to know all this about the 20% off offer, it’s because we have booked another cruise for September 2020 without cancelling our Trans-Atlantic cruise yet. Playing the game I suppose.

If you call NCL or receive information different than what I posted, please share it with the group. In any case, this is how it was on March 23, 2020.

5 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

Were you impacted by the March-April cancellations though?

The way I'm interpreting the NCL announcement is that the extra 20% only applies to people who were affected by the cancellations.

Hello,  thank you for your reply,  yes we had 2 b2b cruises cancelled. 

So we were offered the 20% off if we cancelled our July cruise under Peace of Mind. My issue is that my insurance isn’t a part of the FCC. My PCC said maybe if we call the insurance company since they are separate. NCL took my money for the entire package and know nothing about the insurance. 

Has anyone else been successful in moving the insurance to a new date?