Getting ahold of credit card company to ask questions about insurance I took out

beshears

I don't know if you have had this problem, especially when the cruise line cancelled the trip.  I'm needing to find out about two insurance companies that are on my credit card, and see how they are both connected, but when I call my credit card company I am put on hold forever! I took insurance out with Trip Insurance Store for 8 of us, paying for it all, and seen where another insurance bill was added to my bill, and TIS didn't tell me I would be charge an additional $170.00 through this other company.

While not absolutely sure, I would find it surprizing that TIS would have neglected to advise of all charges surrounding your insurance purchase.

Maybe it was an additional premium for some reason?

I recommend you call TIS to help figure this out and find out if they know this was billed, failing that, then call the insurance company that billed through to your card for additional info.

Good luck and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Bo1953, I did contact Steve at TIS, as to me he is the "head honcho", and he should know.  I ask him if he recognized the name that I had told him, and he said no.  Now I will tell you, that company name that I told him, it had Steve as the agent!  Now try to figure that out. Doesn't make sense to me. 😞

9 hours ago, beshears said:

Bo1953, thank you, as I am really trying!!!

Approach it in a relaxed way, so you are not over stressed, there is a solution and a resolution will appear!

In health and bon voyage

On 3/23/2020 at 8:15 PM, beshears said:

I don't know if you have had this problem, especially when the cruise line cancelled the trip.  I'm needing to find out about two insurance companies that are on my credit card, and see how they are both connected, but when I call my credit card company I am put on hold forever! I took insurance out with Trip Insurance Store for 8 of us, paying for it all, and seen where another insurance bill was added to my bill, and TIS didn't tell me I would be charge an additional $170.00 through this other company.

Hi beshears,

I explained this to you in the email chain and you were satisfied with the answer. If you don't mind, would you update what happened on this thread?

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1