Cruising for over SEVENTIES or not

As i fall into this category of being one of those and have a cruise booked for 2021, then having a email sent from TUI saying sorry its unfortunate you are in this age group were we will have to cancel your cruise because of future epidemics, iam fit and healthy and have no underlying problems, how does every one fill.

That's interesting Howard, they actually phoned me yesterday for the balance never mentioned anything about the age thing but we have now cancelled and forfeit our deposit. Thank you Tui you are obviously getting as much out of your loyal customers as you can. 

Edited by Pensioncruiser

Oh my God We haven't had an email and I was only on the phone to them yesterday to move my June cruise on Dream to Discovery 2 in November Naples to Aqaba

I currently have one booked for Sept and April 2021 I can't believe it

2 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

As i fall into this category of being one of those and have a cruise booked for 2021, then having a email sent from TUI saying sorry its unfortunate you are in this age group were we will have to cancel your cruise because of future epidemics, iam fit and healthy and have no underlying problems, how does every one fill.

Am I reading this right? Are you saying that over 70's should  not cruise? If so the cruise industry will bo down the pan!

4 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Oh my God We haven't had an email and I was only on the phone to them yesterday to move my June cruise on Dream to Discovery 2 in November Naples to Aqaba

I currently have one booked for Sept and April 2021 I can't believe it

Vitalsign we have not received a Email from TUI I am just saying if we do, sorry if you read it wrongly.

13 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Vitalsign we have not received a Email from TUI I am just saying if we do, sorry if you read it wrongly.

Yep, I read it wrongly too - phew !! I guess the devil is in the detail 😈

2 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Pensioncruiser - why didn't you pay the balance and wait for the cruise to be cancelled? Which I'm sure it will be and you would have got everything back

I will fully explain in a couple of weeks. Not too unhappy at the moment other than missing out on what would have been a great cruise.

3 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Oh I hope it's not something serious health wise You're not going to miss Tom & Maris as they're

All ok at the moment 🤞will certainly miss Tom & Maris. Our only worry is will our first online delivery arrive tomorrow 🙄 running short of wine and beer. 

I really hope so You're very lucky I've never done an on line delivery and go to Sainsburys every Thursday for my and my 93 yr old mothers shopping. My niece does her a monthly on line shop with ASDA but unfortunately she is unable to get a delivery slot All full up to 16th April and the following weeks aren't available to book yet As I'm not supposed to visit her and go out out only when necessary to the shops it's proving very difficult as she still cooks or eats salads using mostly perishable goods and trying to persuade her to have ready meals is proving difficult. My other niece works at a doctors surgery and they lost a patient to Coronovirus today so she doesn't want to go anywhere near her.

its a nightmare 😩😷

Same scenario here Vitalsign, my mum did have some ready meals but is cooking a little which helps pass the time. I have to try and shop for her and us tomorrow as well as get a few bits for sons family as they are isolated for 14 days, my DIL is a nurse and was sent home because she coughed!  Hopefully shops won't be too busy.

One good thing, mum has a large garden and a kindly neighbour is gardening as their daily exercise. Something for mum to look at through the window and a massive help to us.  Wish I could do more but being asthmatic I'm trying to avoid everyone.

Keep well everybody.

Well we are booked on Explorer 2 next February for Paradise Islands and Tropical Delights. I am over 70 and my partner is diabetic so if Marella tell us that we are not allowed to cruise then we will simply transfer over to 3 weeks in Barbados next May. Given the way any virus seems to use a cruise ship as an incubation centre then I would not be surprised to find our insurance no longer covers them anyway. 

Peter and Jenny

2 hours ago, Zombatar said:

Well we are booked on Explorer 2 next February for Paradise Islands and Tropical Delights. I am over 70 and my partner is diabetic so if Marella tell us that we are not allowed to cruise then we will simply transfer over to 3 weeks in Barbados next May. Given the way any virus seems to use a cruise ship as an incubation centre then I would not be surprised to find our insurance no longer covers them anyway

Peter and Jenny

I can see this happening, or at least premiums becoming prohibitively expensive for certain age groups. Given the demographics of the typical cruise passenger, then it will be interesting to see how the industry reacts.

Had an e mail about our travel insurance telling us that for bookings made up to 18th March claims for CV19 related incidents will be allowed but any bookings made after that date will not be covered. So our cruise for next Feb should be okay as we booked it earlier in the year. So fingers crossed!!

Peter and Jenny