Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We live in a condo with 1560 residents.There are always people outside.

My sister lives in a condo in MD.  No laundry in apartment.  She and my brother In law do laundry at 4:00 AM to avoid other residents.  Of course they wear masks and gloves.  They do not entire elevators in anybody is in it

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

My sister lives in a condo in MD.  No laundry in apartment.  She and my brother In law do laundry at 4:00 AM to avoid other residents.  Of course they wear masks and gloves.  They do not entire elevators in anybody is in it

One of our daughters and husband live in a condo in Manhattan.No laundry in the apartment.They also do very early laundry when there are not likely people in elevators.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:14 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Wow....makes me feel very lucky here in the country with only one neighbor that I occasionally see across the yard. He has over 3 acres, I have a bit over 1.  

Edited by OnTheJourney

9 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wow....makes me feel very lucky here in the country with only one neighbor that I occasionally see across the yard. He has over 3 acres, I have a bit over 1.  

I agree.  My brother in law, a physician, retired and the sold their beautiful two acre home and decided a condo might be better now.  Big mistake!

East of us are cotton and peanut fields, North and West is a nursery tree farm that is 350 acres and South of us is a home (we each have 10 acres).  The way their house is situated we have a view of their horses and back pasture.  

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

East of us are cotton and peanut fields, North and West is a nursery tree farm that is 350 acres and South of us is a home (we each have 10 acres).  The way their house is situated we have a view of their horses and back pasture.  

Sounds beautiful!

When we lived in Texas there were a lot of raccoons, deer, coyotes and the last couple of years bobcats.  Here we have seen deer and foxes.  It will be interesting to see what else is out there when we have time to set up the game camera.

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

When we lived in Texas there were a lot of raccoons, deer, coyotes and the last couple of years bobcats.  Here we have seen deer and foxes.  It will be interesting to see what else is out there when we have time to set up the game camera.

Possibly humans😀

5 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I watched an episode of Love Boat last night on MeTV while doing some chores.  Not sure what that says about me.

I did notice the women in the bikinis and sun dresses all had natural chests.  

We watch it also!  Many People on today’s cruises do not look like that!   Not those bodies. Lol

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 3:42 AM, CCHelp said:

Greetings, Royal Caribbean Cruisers ~ If an effort to give our members a place where we can discuss how things are where YOU are related to the Coronavirus, hosts are starting these threads so we can chat during the crisis. Let's talk about creative ways our families and neighbors are coping and helping one another out; share ideas for parents who are at home 24/7 with their school age children; you get the idea.....  Our only request is that we AVOID turning this into a political or health debate thread.  This is a stressful time for everyone.  Let's practice some kindness and make Cruise Critic a place members want to visit in this difficult time.

We just booked a new cruise, with Royal, for Sep 6 2021.  It felt good! It also feels sooo far away and might no even happen😭but we continue on. Trust everyone is well and dealing. Dean

I live close to the port in Southampton and am used to hearing the ship's horns (and even sailaway parties if the wind is blowing the right way!) as the ships depart.  We've had quite a selection of RCI ships in recently including some which rarely dock here - Allure, Majesty, Empress.  It's surreal to hear the horns still though, knowing that the cruise ships are sailing albeit empty, save for a reduced number of staff.  Anthem of the Seas was the latest to leave on Saturday.....I hope it's not too long before we all get the chance to sail again.... 🤞

On 8/17/2020 at 3:52 PM, webgal318 said:

That is kind of bittersweet! I am one hour from the port. I am praying to reach the point of acceptance that I may never cruise with my husband again. He is 79 and his dementia is getting worse. This truly is depressing. 

So sorry about your husband- but honestly who knows what the future will bring for anybody.  We can get Covid and die, have a heart attack , stroke or accident.  I also am close to the NY and NJ ports but we are all quarantined for now.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:55 PM, webgal318 said:

You are correct on uncertainty.... Only God knows. 

Webgal, I pray that you will experience peace despite such difficult days. Sometimes I too wonder if my DH and I will get to cruise again. We booked with Royal for Feb/March, out of a port we can drive to. Truthfully, even the road travel is close to being too much for him due to mobility problems. I think about the reference in Revelation to the river of life and wonder if we'll be delighted to find out there will be river cruising . May God bless you and hold you close.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:30 AM, Etta1213 said:

Webgal, I pray that you will experience peace despite such difficult days. Sometimes I too wonder if my DH and I will get to cruise again. We booked with Royal for Feb/March, out of a port we can drive to. Truthfully, even the road travel is close to being too much for him due to mobility problems. I think about the reference in Revelation to the river of life and wonder if we'll be delighted to find out there will be river cruising . May God bless you and hold you close.

People my age and older feel that it is very likely that we will ever cruise again due to the pandemic and disabilities that we deal with.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:24 PM, lenquixote66 said:

People my age and older feel that it is very likely that we will ever cruise again due to the pandemic and disabilities that we deal with.

Thank you for your reply. I am still hoping that we can take cruises from our home ports for little four or five day escapes. I would really like that. 

On 8/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, Cruise a holic said:

So sorry about your husband- but honestly who knows what the future will bring for anybody.  We can get Covid and die, have a heart attack , stroke or accident.  I also am close to the NY and NJ ports but we are all quarantined for now.

I am booked to sail out of Bayonne next May because our 2020 Bermuda trip was canceled. The Freedom of the Seas is going to Bayonne and that would be great! She sailed out of Port Canaveral for years. We were on her last sailing before she moved on.