Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

1 hour ago, webgal318 said:

That would have been my last time too. When I went to the gym yesterday, they were even cleaning the pens that we used to sign in! I was impressed with how they went over and above in an effort to stay safe. That is what I really expect RCCL to being doing and I am sure they won't let us down. 

I used my own pen to fill out the medical info and to sign in.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, Caymus88 said:

Wearing masks only slows the virus.

And helps the elderly who are waiting for a vaccine.

masks won’t Kill the disease

With all due respect, this is like saying not pouring gasoline on a blazing fire only slows the fire.  The US is on fire and it needs to be put out. 

The elderly are not at risk because they’re elderly, they’re at risk because they are more likely to have health conditions that make them more probable to succumb to the effects of Covid-19.  Anyone with any of the following health conditions should be concerned about contracting Covid-19: obesity, diabetes, and those with coronary, respiratory or auto-immune issues.

The last I checked, this would include a large percentage of the US population:  36.6% overweight; 26.5% obese; 9% diabetic; 21% prediabetic; 50% with some form of cardiovascular disease; 37% COPD; 7.6% asthma; 5% with some form of cancer; and 7% of the population with an autoimmune disorder.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t know or have someone in their family with one or more of these conditions.  So, we all have someone at risk.

Sadly, a 13-year old girl from Oklahoma passed away this week.  She wasn't elderly, she was immunocompromised. 

Other than an effective vaccine (which many Americans say they will not take) masks are one of the keys to mitigate the spread of the virus.

For this to be managed to a safe level in the states, there needs to be continued social distancing, washing hands, and wearing masks.

If people had worn masks from the start, this would have been under control by now.  However, too many people are cavalier and don’t listen to health experts.

• Like 4

Thank you for a good post airbear232. The mask debate goes on and on. I agree that we must do whatever we can to keep ourselves safe and that includes wearing a face covering but everyone has to be onboard. Since they are not, our problem is getting worse. 

17 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

For this to be managed to a safe level in the states, there needs to be continued social distancing, washing hands, and wearing masks.

If people had worn masks from the start, this would have been under control by now.  However, too many people are cavalier and don’t listen to health experts.

I total agree with airbear.  Just listened to the news and the totals of covid positive cases are alarming in many states. Unfortunately until a person or his/her loved one gets this horrible disease or dies, they are much too cavalier about safety precautions.  I am so afraid of some states that are hell bent on resuming in person school soon.  Many of my relatves are both teachers and students and will not comply.  They would rather quit

I live in Central Florida, and local school boards are ignoring the orders, and have put back the start of school until 08/24. At that point they'll make a decision to start or delay again, with options for parents as to how the ir children will go; on line, in person, or a hybrid. No leadership from the top, but at least, there is leadership at the local level.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I total agree with airbear.  Just listened to the news and the totals of covid positive cases are alarming in many states. Unfortunately until a person or his/her loved one gets this horrible disease or dies, they are much too cavalier about safety precautions.  I am so afraid of some states that are hell bent on resuming in person school soon.  Many of my relatves are both teachers and students and will not comply.  They would rather quit

All of my children are teachers and their children are students ,in LI and NYC.I hope the schools do not open in September.

4 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

With all due respect, this is like saying not pouring gasoline on a blazing fire only slows the fire.  The US is on fire and it needs to be put out. 

The elderly are not at risk because they’re elderly, they’re at risk because they are more likely to have health conditions that make them more probable to succumb to the effects of Covid-19.  Anyone with any of the following health conditions should be concerned about contracting Covid-19: obesity, diabetes, and those with coronary, respiratory or auto-immune issues.

The last I checked, this would include a large percentage of the US population:  36.6% overweight; 26.5% obese; 9% diabetic; 21% prediabetic; 50% with some form of cardiovascular disease; 37% COPD; 7.6% asthma; 5% with some form of cancer; and 7% of the population with an autoimmune disorder.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t know or have someone in their family with one or more of these conditions.  So, we all have someone at risk.

Sadly, a 13-year old girl from Oklahoma passed away this week.  She wasn't elderly, she was immunocompromised. 

Other than an effective vaccine (which many Americans say they will not take) masks are one of the keys to mitigate the spread of the virus.

On April 4,my best friend died from Covid 19.He was very healthy.He was last hospitalized in 1962 and that was for mono.

He was a retired Law Enforcement person and a Hall Of Fame athlete.We believe that he got the virus from not being dressed warm enough one day in March when he was doing an outdoor interview for a documentary about his life.

6 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

I completely agree!  Massachusetts is now considering a permanent face mask requirement. Fines if you don’t comply.  Except, if you’re protesting, looting or other mass civil disturbance (sarcasm)

I personally knew 10 people who died from Covid.  And others who recovered.

Summer school is reopening here with 50% capacity now. The other 50% online.  We shall see.

Mass is doing very well.  The CDC said Florida’s upturn was caused by Northerners fleeing NY, NJ, etc.

And many millenniums who flouted every restriction.

Edited by Caymus88
Add
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

I completely agree!  Massachusetts is now considering a permanent face mask requirement. Fines if you don’t comply.  Except, if you’re protesting, looting or other mass civil disturbance (sarcasm)

I personally knew 10 people who died from Covid.  And others who recovered.

Summer school is reopening here with 50% capacity now. The other 50% online.  We shall see.

Mass is doing very well.  The CDC said Florida’s upturn was caused by Northerners fleeing NY, NJ, etc.

And many millenniums who flouted every restriction.

I have many friends and relatives living in Florida who are very disappointed in the governor’s handling of covid.  I cannot believe that disney is opened.  Don’t blame others for the growing numbers of deaths on residents of other states.   

16 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I have many friends and relatives living in Florida who are very disappointed in the governor’s handling of covid.  I cannot believe that disney is opened.  Don’t blame others for the growing numbers of deaths on residents of other states.   

I didn’t, the CDC did.  I have many relatives n friends in FL, too. 

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

On April 4,my best friend died from Covid 19.He was very healthy.He was last hospitalized in 1962 and that was for mono.

He was a retired Law Enforcement person and a Hall Of Fame athlete.We believe that he got the virus from not being dressed warm enough one day in March when he was doing an outdoor interview for a documentary about his life.

Very sorry for your loss.

21 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Accurate and compelling summation.

Sadly...forcing people to do the right things appears to be the only way to eliminate this serious medial event. To those snarky know-it-all non-conformists...perhaps a hefty fine and criminal record for their conscious actions will wake them up to a reality they choose to ignore. This is serious - life and death -  and the time is overdue for every person in public without a mask to be punished as a potential contributor to the spreading.

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Accurate and compelling summation.

Sadly...forcing people to do the right things appears to be the only way to eliminate this serious medial event. To those snarky know-it-all non-conformists...perhaps a hefty fine and criminal record for their conscious actions will wake them up to a reality they choose to ignore. This is serious - life and death -  and the time is overdue for every person in public without a mask to be punished as a potential contributor to the spreading.

If you aren't wearing a mask or practicing social distancing, you could be an accessory to murder.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Great suggestion on the hefty fine and criminal record and yes, it is serious.

Every now and then I wonder if we will sail again before we die. Over the past six months, my husband has had heart problems. In January he had a life saving stent and in May, a pacemaker. He is doing everything that he should and is getting stronger every day.  Now we have people who aren't doing what they should and a government that is not unified in their approach. What a sad reality we are facing. 

• Like 2

I don’t get the mask resistance.  They keep saying they have rights, so does that mean there should be no consequences if you run a red light or stop sign.  Is it your right to do whatever you feel like doing?  Yes, we are a free country but without laws and restrictions where would we be?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don’t get the mask resistance.  They keep saying they have rights, so does that mean there should be no consequences if you run a red light or stop sign.  Is it your right to do whatever you feel like doing?  Yes, we are a free country but without laws and restrictions where would we be?

I am with you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good point. Although we live in a small town in Canada in a rural county with no Active Covid 19 cases and one resolved case, I still social distance at six feet and wear a mask in public. When DH and I returned from Spain after a TA on Allure of the Seas, I wore an N95 mask off the ship, into a private taxi (not  a 40 passenger ships shuttle)  - STRAIGHT to the airport in Barcelona.  WE SELF ISOLATED FOR 14 DAYS  AT HOME.  Our family and friends brought us supplies and groceries - leaving them on our front steps. Even though we had no signs and symptoms of the virus - we were careful then and we remain so now. That includes wearing masks in public. It protects the vulnerable among us including two of my family members - both younger than I - who received transplants during this past year.  These dear ones are immunosupressed and would not survive if exposed to Covid 19 or any of the Coronavirus mutations.  Please think about this and wear a decent mask.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, NancyEllen01 said:

Good point. Although we live in a small town in Canada in a rural county with no Active Covid 19 cases and one resolved case, I still social distance at six feet and wear a mask in public. When DH and I returned from Spain after a TA on Allure of the Seas, I wore an N95 mask off the ship, into a private taxi (not  a 40 passenger ships shuttle)  - STRAIGHT to the airport in Barcelona.  WE SELF ISOLATED FOR 14 DAYS  AT HOME.  Our family and friends brought us supplies and groceries - leaving them on our front steps. Even though we had no signs and symptoms of the virus - we were careful then and we remain so now. That includes wearing masks in public. It protects the vulnerable among us including two of my family members - both younger than I - who received transplants during this past year.  These dear ones are immunosupressed and would not survive if exposed to Covid 19 or any of the Coronavirus mutations.  Please think about this and wear a decent mask.

I am watching a Major League Baseball exhibition game.A few players are wearing masks but most are not and not social distancing ,A disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am watching a Major League Baseball exhibition game.A few players are wearing masks but most are not and not social distancing ,A disaster waiting to happen.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought players were tested each day.

18 minutes ago, mek said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought players were tested each day.

Every other day but that does not mean that I cannot get the virus and transmit it to others they come in contact with at their hotels or other places they go to.

• Like 1