The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

Please, may I step up to the bar.  I'm speaking to you Jim(i).  I don't think you have ever gotten up from your seat.  May I sit down? I do need a double Baileys/rocks.  So listen to my tale of...whattttttt?

If you can just get your mind together
Then come on across to me
We'll hold hands an' then we'll watch the sun rise
From the bottom of the sea
But first

The other day, I get the email from Viking called- It's time to plan your personalized experience. It's my notification that Dining and Spa reservations are "open".  It says all reservations must be made 7 days prior to departure.  So, with thoughts of "Are you Experienced?,  I click and go to My Viking Journey.  I gravitate to the Onboard Experience section.  More thoughts of "Are you Experienced?  Then I look at Dining.  It says I may make Manfredi reservations only on board the ship. What?  I thought I was just told that dining reservations are open.   It also says I can make 2 additional reservations at the Restaurant.  When I look at my Viking calendar, I see that I have dining reservations for every night.

So-er, are you experienced?
Ah! Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have
No animals were harm during my writing this post.  I'm getting up from my seat.   Jim(i), it's all yours!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Please, may I step up to the bar.  I'm speaking to you Jim(i).  I don't think you have ever gotten up from your seat.  May I sit down? I do need a double Baileys/rocks.  So listen to my tale of...whattttttt?

If you can just get your mind together
Then come on across to me
We'll hold hands an' then we'll watch the sun rise
From the bottom of the sea
But first

The other day, I get the email from Viking called- It's time to plan your personalized experience. It's my notification that Dining and Spa reservations are "open".  It says all reservations must be made 7 days prior to departure.  So, with thoughts of "Are you Experienced?,  I click and go to My Viking Journey.  I gravitate to the Onboard Experience section.  More thoughts of "Are you Experienced?  Then I look at Dining.  It says I may make Manfredi reservations only on board the ship. What?  I thought I was just told that dining reservations are open.   It also says I can make 2 additional reservations at the Restaurant.  When I look at my Viking calendar, I see that I have dining reservations for every night.

So-er, are you experienced?
Ah! Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have
No animals were harm during my writing this post.  I'm getting up from my seat.   Jim(i), it's all yours!

You can of course go to the Calendar section of MVJ and cancel any reservations you don't really want...

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I know you Jimi Hendrix fans need to be in a certain "condition" in order to really appreciate the music.😎

Wait-  Are you saying it's not the Silver Spirits package?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Oh, Mikey, don't get me started on this e-mail. It was so bad in so many ways!!!!! And it doesn't help knowing that it was sent to all bookings, not just the Welcome Back, Kotter Club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Have a cup of coffee Peregrina.  And add a splash of Bailey's..  After all, it is Friday Eve.....😎

Haha!! splendid idea, my only problem is Baileys doesn't go too well with tea😁 Might have to sample a Bloody Mary when the tea is finished. 

Friday Eve - not for us, this week. Today is our Friday, as SIL just got home from his last shift, so we finish babysitting about Noon. Yeah - 4 days off. Will be heading to the brewery this afternoon, to fill a couple of growlers.😁🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cocktail hour here in the North ... I will have a gin martini three olives, please. Bartender, please pick the gin.

Weather is changing for the better. Bought my granddaughter her first ring with her birthstone , peridot. 

Bezel  set, Sterling silver. She was sized to wear it on her middle finger. She is 11, then later she can wear it on her ring finger. Then  when full grown , the jeweler will  size the band for her .  She was so excited. 

Now maybe she will not bite her fingernails  so much when she is nervous.  We are getting a manicure next week,: her , her mom and me. Whatever works for little girls growing so fast...

Cheers!  Very nice martini!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Cocktail hour here in the North ... I will have a gin martini three olives, please. Bartender, please pick the gin.

Weather is changing for the better.

All good.  Two weeks from tonight we will be at MSP catching the 7:30 Delta flight to Reykjavik. 

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

All good.  Two weeks from tonight we will be in your fair city catching the 7:30 Delta flight to Reykjavik. 

YEA!!! you are in final countdown. Do you have. along layover? I love our  airport. I always get there early and have a nice meal  and drink before  going anywhere .

Look forward to  the trip reviews  from you Icelandic trail blazers for the Welcome back cruises of Viking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Azulann said:

Do you have. along layover

Yes!  4+ hours.  We get in at 3:15.  They say they will give us dinner on the p,and, but we will need something to do, so food and drink sounds good.  And then on Saturday night, in two weeks, we will be LIVE in the Explorers Lounge!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Yes!  4+ hours.  We get in at 3:15.  They say they will give us dinner on the p,and, but we will need something to do, so food and drink sounds good.  And then on Saturday night, in two weeks, we will be LIVE in the Explorers Lounge!

Hope there will be a new Iceland thread about the actual cruises.

Look forward  to  your report from the actual Explorer lounge on  the Viking Sky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Look forward  to  your report from the actual Explorer lounge on  the Viking Sky.

Peregrina is starting a new thread on Monday June 21 for us to report as we actually get to Iceland.  Some who are arriving pre-cruise will begin reporting June 23-24, I believe.  So yes, assuming we can find time each day (our days are packed!) you will be getting reports.  

• Like 5

Just sat down in the Explorer’s Lounge to have a celebratory glass of champagne as we received out finals docs today for our Iceland cruise on 26 June  🥂🥂.

Then I need something to drown my sorrows in because it looks like Iceland has decided not to drop the arrival Covid test  on 15 June which means no Blue Lagoon Retreat Spa visit on the way from the airport to Reykjavik on 24 June 😢. Any suggestions on what would work would be appreciated 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vslparis said:

we received out finals docs today

Did you get them by email?  I’m wondering if they go to our TA because we haven’t gotten anything yet.  She is away until Monday.  Any surprises or new info in the docs?  Enjoy then champagne. 

14 hours ago, Azulann said:

I'll post the link in all of the roll calls plus the general thread. 

Edited by Peregrina651

12 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Did you get them by email?

Looks like they will be coming by e-mail from now on.

From the FAQ:

Your electronic documents will be emailed to you 14 days prior to your embarkation. You may also access all documents and information regarding your booking by visiting your My Viking Journey account Booking Summary page. In addition to your electronic documents, approximately 14 to 45 days prior to your departure you will receive a package in the mail which will include your personalized embarkation tags and one red transfer sticker per guest if applicable.

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Your electronic documents will be emailed to you 14 days prior to your embarkation. You may also access all documents and information regarding your booking by visiting your My Viking Journey account Booking Summary page

Well, I haven’t received anything and there is nothing posted on the booking summary page.  So, I’m wondering if they sent the documents to my TA via email.

30 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Did you get them by email?  I’m wondering if they go to our TA because we haven’t gotten anything yet.  She is away until Monday.  Any surprises or new info in the docs?  Enjoy then champagne. 

Yes, they came via email to my TA email address not our home email so I imagine that is where yours are.  There really isn’t anything new there to be honest.  Just a recap of the itinerary, shore excursions booked, dining reservations and my return transfer .  There are several pages listing descriptions of shore excursions. 

With regard to the entry and health requirements , they just say to go to MVJ . 

32 minutes ago, vslparis said:

Yes, they came via email to my TA email address not our home email so I imagine that is where yours are.  There really isn’t anything new there to be honest.  Just a recap of the itinerary, shore excursions booked, dining reservations and my return transfer .  There are several pages listing descriptions of shore excursions. 

With regard to the entry and health requirements , they just say to go to MVJ . 

Thanks.  I emailed my TA’s assistant, but I imagine I won’t get them until Monday.  

15 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Thanks.  I emailed my TA’s assistant, but I imagine I won’t get them until Monday.  

You might get them today. These days most TAs are home based  and  look at their emails even on the weekend. It is an easy thing to just forward this if they can.  

• Like 1