The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

We love Away bags too.  We took the batteries out and I carry them in my computer bag as the TSA at our airport would not allow onboard with batteries in.  Go figure, in my computer bag ok, in my carry on bag not ok.  Our tax dollars at work.  The batteries are excellent.  Have re charged phones, iPads up to 5 times before recharging the batteries.  Basic colors, one brick, one asphalt.  Viking tags show up great on the asphalt bag....🍸

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Here is a link, scroll past the new colors and it’s down at the bottom. I clicked on the one we have (bigger expandable) and it let me “add to cart”. 
https://www.awaytravel.com/ca/en/serena-williams

FEFC6E07-6BDF-49BE-A7F6-BC7F9028901E.png

Ooohh! Thank you! Looks like the smaller carry-on is no longer available, but the bigger one is. Have you traveled yet with the bigger carry-on? If so, how did it do in terms of airline size requirements?

OK, the Canadian site won’t let me buy the bag. Too bad my Canadian MIL is no longer with us; I could’ve had it shipped there.

So I just sent the company an email and asked them how I could proceed. There must be a way …

UPDATE: That was quick. They just responded and said it’s no longer available in the US. Guess I just saved myself some money.

Edited by Twitchly
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

OK, the Canadian site won’t let me buy the bag. Too bad my Canadian MIL is no longer with us; I could’ve had it shipped there.

So I just sent the company an email and asked them how I could proceed. There must be a way …

UPDATE: That was quick. They just responded and said it’s no longer available in the US. Guess I just saved myself some money.

Sign up for their email notifications and you can regularly see limited editions. And our larger carry ons fit overhead space perfectly.

Edited by Jim Avery
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Ooohh! Thank you! Looks like the smaller carry-on is no longer available, but the bigger one is. Have you traveled yet with the bigger carry-on? If so, how did it do in terms of airline size requirements?

We have. Haven’t had any issues. It is supposed to fit in all airlines sizer boxes but it is larger than some airlines dimensions. So it’s a risk.  We will find out how it does on an Embrair 175 on Friday.  According to several folks on Flyertalk it will fit overhead, hope they are right!  

9 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Likely due to a US Royalty issue with the agreement they have with Ms Williams.  I bet that in exchange for using her name for advertising They were able to sell X number of the line and likely the star earned all of the profit from that line and when agreed bags sold and star paid, all US sales cease.

4 minutes ago, PasadenaDave said:

Likely due to a US Royalty issue with the agreement they have with Ms Williams.  I bet that in exchange for using her name for advertising They were able to sell X number of the line and likely the star earned all of the profit from that line and when agreed bags sold and star paid, all US sales cease.

Yeah I hd similar thoughts 

4 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Maybe if I send her a really, really nice fan letter …

Might work, since she is probably a little down, having retired injured at Wimbledon. so was unable to win her 24th Grand Slam, equalling Margaret Court's record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Happy 4th of July to all the Yanks here in Explorers.  For all you other nice people, Happy Sunday.  What will you have??🍸

16 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Yes, happy 4th July to all our US friends, hoping everyone has a great holiday.😁🍺

Pint of best bitter, if you please barman.

Thanks yall!  Had to have a low key day here as we are in isolation prior to our departure for Iceland on Friday.  Luckily our condo faces the correct direction to see the local fireworks so we did get to see them from the balcony.  Mike says we need to ask to have some trees trimmed for next year. 😂

F3200D67-AA11-4F4F-B12D-9EE3F6947AC8.jpeg

F032B1C6-AB49-4FCC-A91C-4A7122195822.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2020 at 8:14 AM, Travelswithmycamera said:

What a great idea to relive our wonderful moments spent in the Explorers Lounge enjoying the view ahead.  Not to mention the serene surroundings  and delectable goodies.  We'll have a nice glass of wine and a diet coke to cheer our good memories.

fullsizeoutput_112d.jpeg

This is our “go to” spot after dinner, too! Listen to the music, have a glass of wine or decaf coffee, enjoy the view, chat with people and just relax…..our next trip isn’t for a year (29 days, Great Britain and the Baltic)…can’t wait! Thanks for the photo!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Happy National Pina Colada day.🍹🍹😎

After watching the Euro 2020 final, which had a dreadful result, I'm heading up to Explorer's to drown my sorrows with a few Pina Coladas.

Jim, you heading up to join me in commiserating England's loss😒

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

After watching the Euro 2020 final, which had a dreadful result, I'm heading up to Explorer's to drown my sorrows with a few Pina Coladas.

They really fought the good fight. Heartbreaking for the young guys, I’ll have a Bourbon, neat, please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

I hear you and already sitting in our favorite corner behind large armchairs next to fireplace and next to windows. There was such a magnificent start to the game… Very upset 😒 At this time can I have an Armagnac please

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vnb2003 said:

I hear you and already sitting in our favorite corner behind large armchairs next to fireplace and next to windows. There was such a magnificent start to the game… Very upset 😒 At this time can I have an Armagnac please

Brilliant start to the match, but then Southgate got seriously out coached. Dreadful substitutions.😒 I still remember watching the '66 World Cup final, can only hope it isn't another 55 yrs before a British team reach the final of a major tournament.

Not much football to watch until the end of the month, except for the Rangers glamour friendlies against Arsenal and Real Madrid. Back to normal next month with Champions League qualifiers and the Scottish & English Premier Leagues kicking off.

After a couple of Pina Coladas, an IPA, if you please barman.😀🍺

4 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Respectfully asking...

Is there still a need for a virtual lounge?

Until the day we can all live on a Viking ship in perpetuity, I think so! 

Plus it’s the only spot in this forum where we can talk about important non-cruise-related things like grandkids, fireworks, and football disasters.

Edited by Twitchly
  • Like 7

Just now, Twitchly said:

Plus it’s the only spot in this forum where we can talk about important non-cruise-related things like football disasters.

I love this thread!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Plus it’s the only spot in this forum where we can talk about important non-cruise-related things like grandkids, fireworks, and football disasters.

Totally agree.

Other forums like Silversea, Seabourn, and Crystal also have a  thread  about non-cruise items. On one of those forums, they  get the host to start again when it get to 5k posts.

I also think the  title is perfect.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Respectfully asking...

Is there still a need for a virtual lounge?

I appreciate the thought behind the question but although I could not be happier that people are back in the real Explorers' lounge (looking at you Clay!) I do feel that there is still a need for this imaginary space too.

As Twitchly put it so well:

16 hours ago, Twitchly said:

it’s the only spot in this forum where we can talk about important non-cruise-related things like grandkids, fireworks, and football disasters.

15 hours ago, Azulann said:

On one of those forums, they  get the host to start again when it get to 5k posts.

That seems a very good solution to avoid having a tread a mile long - maybe our moderator could look at setting it up for this topic?

Now, I quite fancy a limoncello but would that be an unpatriotic choice given what happened at Wembley? Maybe I should have a Scotch? 😉

• Like 3