Refunds Request Tracking

haolenate

1 hour ago, katygrl73 said:

Filed my refund request on 5/7/20, received notification of refund today with breakdown of every charge refunded. 34 days earlier than expected! My cruise was scheduled 5/17/20. Glad the process is moving!

Same dates and just received notification that every charge is being refunded! Checked and it's all back on my credit card. I hope it goes smoothly for everyone else!!!

Edited by geckobabe
Add info

I filed my refund request on May 7 (first day online form was available) for a May 15 Gem, Boston to Bermuda sailing. Yesterday I received an email from NCL stating the refund was in process, and I see it has already posted to my credit card account. The refund was the full amount I paid to NCL for two passengers and I was somewhat surprised to see it included a refund for the NCL travel protection. Waiting 54 days is a lot better than 90 days. 

I know a lot of people are justifiably upset and frustrated with NCL but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I will definitely book another cruise with NCL once cruises have resumed for a couple of months without incident. I think NCL's Freestyle dining will be particularly suited to the new situation. After all, when I dine at a restaurant at home I seldom request to be seated with strangers.

I requested a refund on May 7 for my May 17 cruise.  I got email last night that the refund was being processed, but it actually hit my credit card account a few days ago.   It was 14 days on a European itinerary as a solo  - a hefty splurge for me!  I am profoundly sad about missing this long-anticipated cruise, but immensely relieved to have my money back.  I will book again with NCL whenever I feel comfortable cruising again.  

Thanks for this helpful thread. I just updated the Google doc. I received a refund to my card on 6/24/20 for a 4/18/20 sail date. My parents reservation for the same cruise was refunded on he same day as well. It feels like such a relief. I was (and still am) worried that NCL could declare bankruptcy before processing all refunds. My parents especially would have been impacted hard had they lost that money, as a cruise like this is a huge and rare splurge.

My Asia cruise got cancelled in february and yesterday i got my money back.

Sure i had to wait 5 months but i can understand why they try to delay it as long as possible.

My image of NCl is not damaged because of it and i´m gonna be back sailing with them again, the idea was october in europe but it seems very risky to make another reservation and then they cancel that one too so gonna hold off for a while.

7 hours ago, Raz3r1 said:

My Asia cruise got cancelled in february and yesterday i got my money back.

Sure i had to wait 5 months but i can understand why they try to delay it as long as possible.

My image of NCl is not damaged because of it and i´m gonna be back sailing with them again, the idea was october in europe but it seems very risky to make another reservation and then they cancel that one too so gonna hold off for a while.

Same here.  We got our full refund in under 60 days and also still got the Latitudes credits of 28 even though we didn't go.

• Like 1

I have just been fully refunded by NCLH (by credit card and by check that showed up in my mailbox today - these were the original forms of my payment to Norwegian), for 6/7/20 Alaska Cruise that was to be on Norwegian Bliss roundtrip from Seattle, that was cancelled on me. I applied for refund on May 7 when the refund request form 'window' opened. I am glad to get my full refund.