X announces further cancellations until May 12 (merged topics)

C-Dragons

• Host Kat locked and unlocked this topic

Royal Caribbean Extends Global Suspension of Cruising

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

MIAMI - Given global public health circumstances, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has decided to extend the suspension of sailings of our global fleet.

We are working with our guests to address this disruption to their vacations, and we are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience. We are also working with our crew to sort out the issues this decision presents for them.

We expect to return to service on May 12, 2020. Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada and New England sailings July 1, 2020.

2 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

I am not seeing any changes on the Celebrity Web Site. Your link has all the previous cancellations. No new Cancellations posted??

CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. We have now suspended all global sailings until May 12, 2020, when we plan to resume operations. In addition, due to announced port closures, we expect to return to Alaska as of July 1. We understand the severity of the public health crisis confronting us around the world and want to ensure that we play our part and take appropriate action. We are working with all guests impacted by these changes and appreciate the patience and understanding of all those involved during these unprecedented times.

This is copied from Celebrity's site.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• CCHelp changed the title to X announces further cancellations until May 12 (merged topics)
5 minutes ago, 39august said:

That's all fine and as we all expected. BUT, my May 2 Equinox cruise is NOT listed on the "impacted cruises" list! 

That part isn’t updated yet. They are so slow in that regards. Give them a bit and they will list them all...

at least this time they have an actual end date

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fmlycrz said:

It also sounds like the ability to cancel with full refund (vs FCC) via online service is new.  No need to call.  Was easy and I am hopeful it works!

That’s not new.  The link was in the letter we received about a canceled March cruise.  I used it for two cruises.  Read the thread on reporting refund success.  I canceled over a week ago and did not get an email confirmation as the link said o would.  Well, not yet, anyway.  I know they are swamped so there’s nothing to do but wait...

• Like 1

I just got the following as a text message:

S: Celebrity Cruises Cruise Notification

We have some urgent information to share about your upcoming cruise.  Due to continued port closures and global travel restrictions, as well as to help ensure the continued safety of our guests and crew, we are extending our temporary suspension of global cruise operations from April 11th through May 11th; we will suspend our Alaska sailings through July 1st, as the region will remain closed to cruise ships through the early summer.   This includes the voyage you are currently scheduled to sail.  In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021.  Should you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment you may contact us anytime up until the expiration date of your FCC.  If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.  Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.  We know how important your vacation time is and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this cancellation.  We hope to welcome you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruise vacation. 

Reply with YES to confirm receipt.

4 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

That part isn’t updated yet. They are so slow in that regards. Give them a bit and they will list them all...

at least this time they have an actual end date

Just had a look on cruise personaliser at my June Alaska cruise. Nothing there yet , but as the balance isn't due for a few weeks, perhaps they will give me 125%FCC for the deposit. Doubt if I will get a refund, but who knows.

Hopefully book for Alaska next year. Awaiting British Airways now, but to show how company's can deal with customers, I had 2 nights in Vancouver booked as discounted, no changes/refunds. Marriot cancelled the booking and refunded without a hitch. Money back on my CC already. Well done Marriot.

I received a text message as I was writing a comment on Alaska thread.

Good discussion there of why cancellations are in smaller chunks.  Pretty near impossible to keep up with cancellation records. Training new staff impossible with COVID spacing.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Just had a look on cruise personaliser at my June Alaska cruise. Nothing there yet , but as the balance isn't due for a few weeks, perhaps they will give me 125%FCC for the deposit. Doubt if I will get a refund, but who knows.

Hopefully book for Alaska next year. Awaiting British Airways now, but to show how company's can deal with customers, I had 2 nights in Vancouver booked as discounted, no changes/refunds. Marriot cancelled the booking and refunded without a hitch. Money back on my CC already. Well done Marriot.

No idea how UK handles things. In the Americas you would simply cancel and get a refund. I got my American nonrefundable ticket refunded.  Same with cars and hotels except in London. They were snotty!  So much as said stay home and too bad.

I note they are giving 125% on excursion bookings etc, I don’t remember that last time. I presume these are paid for ones, not purchased through OBC 😂.

BA are offering vouchers for future bookings, you can get a refund but need to speak to them. The on line button automatically generates a voucher!

Edited by downsmead

"Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada and New England sailings July 1, 2020."

This expectation seems to ignore the precise wording of the Canadian decision. "We hope to return to service..." would have been a better choice of words:

As a response to COVID-19, the Government of Canada will defer the start of the cruise ship season in Canada, from April 2, 2020, to July 1, 2020, at the earliest... Further decisions on whether the season can resume on July 1, 2020, will be based on science and evidence in the best interests of the health and safety of Canadians

alaska season cancelled through July 1st  see letter I am copying and pasting:

Dear Guest, 

Less than two weeks ago, Celebrity Cruises announced the temporary suspension of our global cruise operations.  Since then ports around the world continue to close, travel restrictions and advisories abound, as the world works to protect the health and welfare of all.  The situation continues to change rapidly.  At Celebrity Cruises, we strive to act in the best interest of our guests, crew and employees.  

Given the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the world, we have decided to extend the suspension of our global cruise operations through May 11th; we will suspend our Alaska sailings through July 1st, as the region will remain closed to cruise ships through the early summer.  

Additionally, Canada/New England sailings departing May 19th, May 28th and June 16thwill be modified, as Canada will also remain closed to cruise ships until July 1st.  Guests booked on these dates will be contacted directly with details regarding their new itinerary. 

Our extended suspension will include cancellation of the voyage you are currently scheduled to sail.  Please know this decision was not made lightly as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise.  

In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021.  The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amount paid for your cruise and will be processed by Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 via email.  Should you prefer the lower value, 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until the expiration date of your FCC.  To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund for cruise taxes and fees within 10 days and the remainder of your refund will be processed within 30 days after you submit your request.  Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy you will not be eligible to receive the compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by April 8th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.  

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. We appreciate your understanding as we do our part in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus and keep our guests and crew healthy and safe. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

Sincerely, 

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, 

President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises

Good job Celebrity, you did the right thing for your customers, and more importantly for your employees on the ships. I was quick to criticize the way the first cancellation and I still think it was justified.

Now I'm quick to pat you on the back for doing the right thing. 

• Like 3