X announces further cancellations until May 12 (merged topics)

C-Dragons

Just now, dabear said:

A 125% ffc may not be enough for rebooking your same cruise next year. While our cruise from Europe is in August, 2020 &  not yet cancelled, I checked the price for the same cruise & cabin in August, 2021. It was almost double the fare for this years cruise. GOOD LUCK!

Also keep in mind that any perks attached to your original booking do not carry forward with your FCC! Your new booking would be made at current (as of day of booking) rates and promotions. 

47 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

What does that mean? You think your travel agent is going to try to take some of the money you are getting back? That's not how it works. A - if you booked through a TA, the form probably will not let you do the cancellation yourself. B - if you take FCCs, you will get taxes and port fees refunded to your credit card and the balance will be FCCs C - your TA has likely already received their commission so they have been paid. Their commission is business between them and Celebrity, nothing to do with you. 

Yes it did mean that.

Thanks for clearing it up 🙂

• Like 1

This is hardly a surprise.  None of the lines should have been booking cruises in April.  What part about there was no where to go or no one who wants the ships do they not get?  There are still quite a few ships out there sailing around looking for a port that will take them right now!

Anybody who has followed the thing since Wuhan would know that April wasn't going to happen.  Unfortunately nobody is going anywhere...….for awhile anyway.

• Like 1

We will let our TA sort this out next week.  What we will do will depend on:

1. Whether we can use our FCC on the cruise we have booked but not paid final balance on for 28th August, and

2. Whether we would likely get our money back if the August sailing is also cancelled (as it is also from Southampton, so would I guess depend on them doing a transatlantic reposition).

If the answer to both of those is Yes, will take the FCC.  If the answer to either or both is no, will take the refund.

We had hoped to do Alaska and Rocky Mountaineer next year.  At present holding off booking for 2021.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Being in the UK it might be different for you, but here in North America FCCs issued under the Cruise with Confidence policy absolutely can be used for existing bookings to pay the outstanding balance of the cruise fare portion only (not applicable to taxes, port fees, prepaid gratuities or transfers).

No it is no different in the UK. I was asking the person who said it couldn't be used on  existing bookings made before this crisis started where they had seen this information.

We live in NY and under state law we have  to purchase our Celeb Cruise Care ins directly from  AEON, the company that does the ins for X.  We had to pay in full  separately before making final payment & could not get dbl cruise pts on our Cred Card under thia arrangement.   We then cancelled under orig Cruise with Confidence offer were denied a refund . 

You were cancelled by X so I hope it works out better for you. The cruise care in no longer inexpensive.

• Like 1

We are extremely fortunate to have an amazing TA. We were booked on the Summit for this July, with FP in a few weeks. I made the decision to postpone until next year, so moving the booking to July 2021. Last night our TA was on the phone with Celebrity, and took care of everything. The entire details of the initial booking transferred completely, including the OBC we had initially received for booking while onboard.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You should be able to do it directly.    One of the questions was are you processing for yourself or as an agent of the traveler.    If requesting a refund it will be refunded to the original form of payment.    If your CC was directly charged to Celebrity as mine is even when using an agent you will get it back to your credit card.

We are in the UK. We paid all monies to our travel agent as the cruise was part of a package. The travel agents are at full stretch here at the moment so we will wait to hear from them in due course. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, travel1light said:

Those getting emails from Celebrity, did you book direct with them rather then a TA? Haven’t received anything here, I booked through TA. Thanks. 

We booked our Apex sailing in May onboard with Celebrity and later transferred to our TA. The cruise is cancelled but we haven’t received an email, do I need to contact the TA?

Another question, if we take the FCC will we still get OBC from our TA on the future cruise? Read somewhere that you can’t, though I don’t understand why as the original cruise isn’t happening any more.

Thanks for your comments!

38 minutes ago, travel1light said:

Those getting emails from Celebrity, did you book direct with them rather then a TA? Haven’t received anything here, I booked through TA. Thanks. 

I booked my cruise with a Travel Agent & received the letter from Celebrity last night.  I completed/submitted the form this morning for a Full Payment.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe !!!

5 hours ago, bluwes said:

No it is no different in the UK. I was asking the person who said it couldn't be used on  existing bookings made before this crisis started where they had seen this information.

I asked the same person and received a response over on the FCC Details thread. I'll leave it to you to interpret.

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. We have now suspended all global sailings until May 12, 2020, when we plan to resume operations. In addition, due to announced port closures, we expect to return to Alaska as of July 1. We understand the severity of the public health crisis confronting us around the world and want to ensure that we play our part and take appropriate action. We are working with all guests impacted by these changes and appreciate the patience and understanding of all those involved during these unprecedented times.

This is copied from Celebrity's site.

Hi!! do you know if they are going to move the dates of the "Cruise with confidence" program??  right now this program protects cruises through July 31st.  We are booked on the Apex at the end of August, using Am.Ex. Travel for the fist time and probably the last. I'm really hating the communication difficulties, still, we have to decide what we are going to do.  Any feedback or information will be appreciated.

Have a good day

I was impressed that Celebrity/RCC went ahead and announced further cancellations. It's an extremely fluid (no pun intended) situation so it's impossible to know if anyone will be sailing in May or June or even by the fall, but at least they aren't waiting until the last minute.  We are in the US, but in the UK they have advised anyone over 65 or in a high-risk group based on medical conditions to shelter at home for 12 weeks. That is exactly what we plan to do.  We aren't quite in that age group yet but I do take immune-suppressing medications for psoriatic arthritis. We aren't even going to the store now, and our physicians are setting up telemedicine appointments or phone calls so patients with routine checkups don't have to go to the physician's office. We are fortunate that our employers have allowed us to work from home, and we are having food delivered from our local grocery store by Shipt.  We were on the Silhouette Feb. 23 - March 6 and do not appear to have gotten infected on the cruise or at home in Florida (as far as we know; asymptomatic if we were).  We don't have another cruise scheduled until Jan. 2021, on the Reflection to the ABC Islands and Cartagena. I really hope COVID-19 is old news by then.  Sympathies for all of you with more immediate cruises scheduled that have been canceled or are in limbo.  The cruise industry is taking such a scolding in the media, but I can't wait for my next cruise, whenever that is!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Although we all knew it was coming, it was nice that they didn't wait until April 10th to announce the next wave of cancellations.

I hope they'll do the same for the next wave - we're due to sail on May 13! (fully not expecting they will cancel)

27 minutes ago, drarill said:

Hi!! do you know if they are going to move the dates of the "Cruise with confidence" program??  right now this program protects cruises through July 31st.  We are booked on the Apex at the end of August, using Am.Ex. Travel for the fist time and probably the last. I'm really hating the communication difficulties, still, we have to decide what we are going to do.  Any feedback or information will be appreciated.

Have a good day

Just looked it up and it's still July 31st 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travel1light said:

Booked direct and now have 3 emails for the same cruise. How's that for good service.😁

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just requested refunds using the Portal and it is pretty painless.   We may have taken the 125% FCC but on the Alaska April 30 cruise we were taking my sister and daughter and from what I understand from posting here is the FCC is issued in each person's name and not back to the original purchaser. 

I tried to get my millage from United back to my account but the penalty is more than the tickets are worth.   I chose to cancel and re-book later at no fee so will see what happens.

Interested in seeing what happens with your United mileage since we are in the same boat with cancelling our flight which we got with mileage.

I cancelled my mileage flight online with American on 15 March; called on 20 March to reinstate miles which were again available in my account on 22 March.  The $300 refund of taxes (business class flight from UK) appeared on my credit card today, 25 March.  No penalty fees.

We were just canceled by Celebrity in Round Two. Our booking was originally made on board and had the associated OBC offered with on board bookings. Now that they canceled, is this booking number gone forever or can it be resurrected to get that OBC once again?