X announces further cancellations until May 12 (merged topics)

C-Dragons

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Downsmead,

The Link in the CEO’s Letter, says 125% for cancelled excursions in FCC.

As I already cancelled 2 weeks ago my money should go back on to my credit card, eventually?

In normal times it would have taken approx 6 working days. It is now 10 days and so far no refund.

Yes sorry, I wasn’t specific that the 125% was a FCC but as far as I can remember previously they would only refund your money, no FCC option.

7 minutes ago, RoxyDoxy said:

I will make contact with TA tomorrow. We contacted BA last week, tickets were non refundable but we got vouchers to use whenever, though there may be an option for refund but I may have scuppered that by cancelling. All in all I’m not too worried, as you say it’s only money, this present situation makes you question all that is most important and money certainly is not.

Keep safe 😷

If they have changed your flight schedules by a huge amount you may be inline for a full refund. Our Virgin Long haul connection coming home was cancelled completely, leaving us with a 29 hour layover in New York.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoxyDoxy said:

I will make contact with TA tomorrow. We contacted BA last week, tickets were non refundable but we got vouchers to use whenever, though there may be an option for refund but I may have scuppered that by cancelling. All in all I’m not too worried, as you say it’s only money, this present situation makes you question all that is most important and money certainly is not.

Keep safe 😷

To do list.

Get refund from TUI for canaries in April.

Credit/refund from Celebrity for June.

Ditto BA( but not quite yet )

Ditto Globus rockies tour (soon)

Refund from Marriot ( done )

Hold fire on P&O Norway at end August.

Stay in and probably give my wife grief ( pending).😁.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Downsmead,

The Link in the CEO’s Letter, says 125% for cancelled excursions in FCC.

As I already cancelled 2 weeks ago my money should go back on to my credit card, eventually?

In normal times it would have taken approx 6 working days. It is now 10 days and so far no refund.

My TA said expect 4-6 weeks. Think eventually would be correct. Same for us. Doesn't matter as not travelling anywhere. Was going camping but National Forests closed. Maybe to protect the trees.

1 hour ago, FunInTheSun9 said:

Just received this email cancelling our Sydney to Honolulu April 25, 2020 sailing. Alaska sailings are also suspended through July 1st: 

image.thumb.png.2c9b92778cc5347a3d43615b5fe6b0cf.png

Australia's borders have been closed for a couple of weeks to non citizens and permanent residents. And last night a TRAVEL IS BANNED order was issued. I'd expect that not to be lifted at the minimum of July. Even individual states are banning people from other states crossing the border. Tourists from China originally brought the virus here and then were banned, then Italy, but now tourists from the US have imported the largest number of positive results of any country. 

Our Med cruise in July cannot happen now that we have been banned from leaving Australia. It won't be lifted for a few months I'd say. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fmlycrz said:

It also sounds like the ability to cancel with full refund (vs FCC) via online service is new.  No need to call.  Was easy and I am hopeful it works!

I just requested refunds using the Portal and it is pretty painless.   We may have taken the 125% FCC but on the Alaska April 30 cruise we were taking my sister and daughter and from what I understand from posting here is the FCC is issued in each person's name and not back to the original purchaser. 

I tried to get my millage from United back to my account but the penalty is more than the tickets are worth.   I chose to cancel and re-book later at no fee so will see what happens.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

To do list.

Get refund from TUI for canaries in April.

Credit/refund from Celebrity for June.

Ditto BA( but not quite yet )

Ditto Globus rockies tour (soon)

Refund from Marriot ( done )

Hold fire on P&O Norway at end August.

Stay in and probably give my wife grief ( pending).😁.

Are you booked on the Iona ?. We were going to, but on board the Edge last September the deal on the Silhouette to the Fjords was too good to turn down

44 minutes ago, RoxyDoxy said:

I’ve just received an email from Celebrity informing me of the cancellation of our Alaskan Cruise in May. I booked via TA in UK, do I need to contact the TA to initiate a refund or do I do it through the Celebrity website? 
Any UK members able to advise please?

Thank you.

You should be able to do it directly.    One of the questions was are you processing for yourself or as an agent of the traveler.    If requesting a refund it will be refunded to the original form of payment.    If your CC was directly charged to Celebrity as mine is even when using an agent you will get it back to your credit card.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

In the past Celebrity won’t talk to you if you booked via a TA, You have to contact the TA.

I believe the discussion is about doing it on-line request to cancel via the link as opposed to calling into Celebrity.

38 minutes ago, bluwes said:

My reading of it is if you're happy to take the 125% FCC you need to do nothing and they will confirm it by email voucher.. If you prefer the 100% cash refund you have to click on the link in the email.

If you decide on the FCC you can change your mind at anytime up to the expiry date of the FCC to take the money

That is also my understanding and my experience when I just filled out the form.   It stated just what you said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talljules1 said:

We have just had our email from Celebrity - our May 9th Silhouette cruise to the fjords is cancelled.

125% FCC or 100% refund.  We will likely go with the former and apply it to the cruise we are booked for in late August.  (Alternately we can cash out any time up to end of 2021).

Disappointing, but entirely what we predicted.  And the right and responsible thing for them to do.  Fortunately we had no flights to worry about, and losing cost of a hotel night is small potatoes.  Better safe than sick.  So much in my diary through to August has been cancelled or has changed, so this came as no surprise (would have been surprised if it had gone ahead really, given how things are developing).

Stay safe, all.  Keep your distance.  Wash your hands.  

If your August cruise was booked before 6 March you cannot apply your FCC. Only bookings after that date.

3 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Are you booked on the Iona ?. We were going to, but on board the Edge last September the deal on the Silhouette to the Fjords was too good to turn down

Yes. Fjords on 28 August. Perhaps that one will go. We were going to go on Celebrity, but my wife likes to try new ship's.

6 minutes ago, bluwes said:

I'm sorry where have you seen that ?

On the Celebrity website.  Also posted in several threads. You can apply a FCC to any cruise booked after March 6 when the Cruise with Confidence program was introduced.

The FCC certificate’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking, and new future sail date, on the brand originally purchased.  

10 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

On the Celebrity website.  Also posted in several threads. You can apply a FCC to any cruise booked after March 6 when the Cruise with Confidence program was introduced.

The FCC certificate’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking, and new future sail date, on the brand originally purchased.  

No mention anywhere of 6th March

Q: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking? 

A: Yes. FCCs can be applied to an existing booking.

Edited by bluwes

4 minutes ago, bluwes said:

No mention anywhere of 6th March

Q: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking? 

A: Yes. FCCs can be applied to an existing booking.

Yes, the earlier wording didn't say that you couldn't use the FCC for existing bookings, but it also didn't say it could. Celebrity guest services employees generally told posters that they could, but a small number provided erroneous information. Good to see that this has now been clarified on the website.

24 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

I think there are a lot of people who believe a FCC can be applied to a booking you had already made prior to the Covid19 events. 

If what you say is true, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. 

Could it be that the FCC from the CwC is applied differently from that where X cancels the sailing?

Edited by downsmead

1 hour ago, lvz2cruz said:

I just received the text that my May 9 Bermuda sailing is cancelled.   I also had an email. I followed the online prompt to get a credit to charge rather than OBC.  

I have travel insurance I booked on my own.  Is that money lost or is it refundable since cruise is canceled?

Phoned our travel insurance company RACV and they said that. if I don't go on the trip I can move the dates of the insurance to a later date to cover the new trip.

6 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I think there are a lot of people who believe a FCC can be applied to a booking you had already made prior to the Covid19 events. 

If what you say is true, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. 

Could it be that the FCC from the CwC is applied differently from that where X cancels the sailing?

Can you show me where it says you can't because I cant find anything that suggests otherwise.  We have two future cruises booked going forward, if I cant apply the FCC to one of them then I will just take the 100% cash refund

57 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Just went through the form. Did not click the Last step as it did not say how much I would get back?

I went through a TA and would expect them to take as much as they could, so thought I might try direct.

What does that mean? You think your travel agent is going to try to take some of the money you are getting back? That's not how it works. A - if you booked through a TA, the form probably will not let you do the cancellation yourself. B - if you take FCCs, you will get taxes and port fees refunded to your credit card and the balance will be FCCs C - your TA has likely already received their commission so they have been paid. Their commission is business between them and Celebrity, nothing to do with you. 

Edited by Ginnyfyr
I can't spell

55 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Can you show me where it says you can't because I cant find anything that suggests otherwise.  We have two future cruises booked going forward, if I cant apply the FCC to one of them then I will just take the 100% cash refund

Being in the UK it might be different for you, but here in North America FCCs issued under the Cruise with Confidence policy absolutely can be used for existing bookings to pay the outstanding balance of the cruise fare portion only (not applicable to taxes, port fees, prepaid gratuities or transfers).

• Like 1

A 125% ffc may not be enough for rebooking your same cruise next year. While our cruise from Europe is in August, 2020 &  not yet cancelled, I checked the price for the same cruise & cabin in August, 2021. It was almost double the fare for this years cruise. GOOD LUCK!

Edited by dabear