Drink questions - Sorry.

We will be on Harmony of the Seas if that makes any difference for these questions

I'm trying to decide if a drink package would be worth it.  We don't really drink alcohol, so not getting the deluxe package is a no brainer.

My oldest son loves Mountain Dew.  My oldest daughter in law drinks Coke. My youngest son likes Sprite.  My youngest daughter-in-law drinks Dr. Pepper.  I generally drink Powerade if I am not drinking water.  Are all of those available? Does it really cost $3 to buy one soda on the ship?

I read that you can bring 12 cans or bottles of soda on the ship with you.  Is that per person or per room?  Is that at every port or just the first day that we get on the ship? 

With the refreshment package, it says bottled water is included.  Can you take that out on the excursions with you?

Any other info you think would be helpful is appreciated. 

I wouldn't get the refreshment package if you all only drink soda. the soda package for all seems like it would be fine if you can do without the virgin frozen drinks, smoothies, bottled water, etc. i don't know the price per drink for a soda on board but i'd bet you'd be better off getting the soda packages rather than just paying as you go. the freestyle machines that you can use with the cup given with the soda package are really cool and you can add other flavors to your sodas as well (cherry in coke, vanilla, etc....). as far as soda available, i dont know if mountain dew is.. i know dr pepper (well, Mr pibb) is in the freestyle machines but not at the bars typically. coke and sprite should be available everywhere. i think powerade is available in the freestyle machine too.

the 12 pack of soda is just the day you get on the ship. i beileve its one case/pack per stateroom

• Like 1

It’s one 12 pack per cabin. A can of soda is around $4.  The refreshment package includes bottled water,  fresh squeezed juice, specialty coffee, virgin cocktails, soda, etc.  There is also a soda package, which just includes fountain soda from the bar or from the freestyle machines. 

Included with your cruise fare is tap water, coffee, hot and iced tea, hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, lemonade, fruit punch, flavored water and juice with breakfast.

If you purchase the refreshment package you can take bottled water off the ship with you. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the information.   I will get the soda package.  I was worried that it would be a waste for me, since I can't drink carbonated beverages.  With Powerade in the machines, I will make good use of that.  Then I will bring a 12 pack of water bottles to take on our excursion.  I am mostly concerned about staying hydrated in Tulum. I am guessing it is very humid and that they won't have much in the way of selling drinks.  Every other port I think we will be somewhere that we can buy drinks.

Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea(ice or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast.  If you can get by with those things MOST of the time, you can simply BUY a soda when you want.  It might be cheaper than the "refreshment" package.  Maybe try that for a day or two....and if it seems you're buying more than you think...get the package then...they do "pro-rate" the cost, as long as 4 day remain in the cruise.

You can get ICE water at ANY bar or eating venue upon request...no charge.  Just ask.  Lemonade is in the WJ...help yourself.  Milk, coffee and tea are in any EATING venue....as is juice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mallefiscent said:

Thank you so much for the information.   I will get the soda package.  I was worried that it would be a waste for me, since I can't drink carbonated beverages.  With Powerade in the machines, I will make good use of that.  Then I will bring a 12 pack of water bottles to take on our excursion.  I am mostly concerned about staying hydrated in Tulum. I am guessing it is very humid and that they won't have much in the way of selling drinks.  Every other port I think we will be somewhere that we can buy drinks.

Not sure if you have 1 or 2 cabins Each cabin can bring 2 bottles of wine (750 ml) as well as the 12 pack (17 oz or less) of non alcoholic drinks. You can also bring a travel mug with you to take on excursions or use the one from the soda package
The FreeStyle Machine does not ave Mt Dew but it does have Mello Yello.
Here are all the flavors...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mallefiscent said:

I took the tulum excursion thru the cruiseline. They had a bathroom break just before arriving at tulum which was shops to buy things with a lot of modern bathrooms. When I was there tulum bathrooms you cant flush paper lol.

I was sòoooooooo  hot I admit to going into the restaurant there and ordering nachos and the dips which weren't included and a huge frozen margarita while I waited for the excursion to finish.

When we boarded the bus to go back to the ship we got a little snack and bottle of water not mentioned on the excursion write up. 

Durn speak check changed tulum to tulip excursion.

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea(ice or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast.  If you can get by with those things MOST of the time, you can simply BUY a soda when you want.  It might be cheaper than the "refreshment" package.  Maybe try that for a day or two....and if it seems you're buying more than you think...get the package then...they do "pro-rate" the cost, as long as 4 day remain in the cruise.

You can get ICE water at ANY bar or eating venue upon request...no charge.  Just ask.  Lemonade is in the WJ...help yourself.  Milk, coffee and tea are in any EATING venue....as is juice.

I would do fine with the free drinks. I drink milk, powerade and water - sometimes I'll have a hot tea.  The others want their sodas though, and it said everyone in the same room has to have the same package. 

Edited by Mallefiscent

4 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

We always take large reusable water bottles to use onboard and in port.  A hydro flask or similar.  Keeps the water cold and easy to throw in the backpack!

Do you find it easier to have a backpack?  I usually just stick my ID and money in my pocket, so that I don't have to carry anything.  I suppose a backpack would make it easier to carry anything we buy back to the ship. 

31 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Not sure if you have 1 or 2 cabins Each cabin can bring 2 bottles of wine (750 ml) as well as the 12 pack (17 oz or less) of non alcoholic drinks. You can also bring a travel mug with you to take on excursions or use the one from the soda package
The FreeStyle Machine does not ave Mt Dew but it does have Mello Yello.
Here are all the flavors...

Thank you so much for that link.  You are a lifesaver. 

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I took the tulum excursion thru the cruiseline. They had a bathroom break just before arriving at tulum which was shops to buy things with a lot of modern bathrooms. When I was there tulum bathrooms you cant flush paper lol.

I was sòoooooooo  hot I admit to going into the restaurant there and ordering nachos and the dips which weren't included and a huge frozen margarita while I waited for the excursion to finish.

When we boarded the bus to go back to the ship we got a little snack and bottle of water not mentioned on the excursion write up. 

Durn speak check changed tulum to tulip excursion.

Lol  Tulip excursion.   What time of year did you go?  Was it hot because it was hot or was it hot because it was humid.  Coming from the desert, I do hot very well. I don't do humid very well. 

Its was hot and humid.its the only ruins by the ocean. Over 90. All the Japanese tourists had matching red and white umbrellas to hold over their heads to shade them. Lots including our tour guide had umbrellas.

It's far from the ship, for ruins I would only book thru the ship.

Realize that the Freestyle machines are Coke.  

So only Coke company products.

No Dr. Pepper or Mt Dew.  Dr. Pepper is Dr. Pepper/Keurig product.  Mt Dew is a Pepsi product.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SRF said:

No Dr. Pepper or Mt Dew.  Dr. Pepper is Dr. Pepper/Keurig product.  Mt Dew is a Pepsi product.

Depending on the area Coke does have Dr Pepper. Different bottling/distribution rights in different areas of the country. 

88F728AE-E719-427B-A8E7-BF3AE1834806.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mallefiscent said:

The others want their sodas though, and it said everyone in the same room has to have the same package. 

You only have to get the same package if it's the Deluxe Beverage with the alcohol.   The soda and refreshment package doesn't have to be purchased for everyone in the room.  

I would do fine with the free drinks. I drink milk, powerade and water - sometimes I'll have a hot tea.  The others want their sodas though, and it said everyone in the same room has to have the same package. 

Everyone in the room does not have to get the same package. That rule applies to alcohol packages only, and even then if one person orders an alcohol package they will allow other adults to purchase refreshment package (not the soda package). You have to call to do this. 

Do you find it easier to have a backpack?  I usually just stick my ID and money in my pocket, so that I don't have to carry anything.  I suppose a backpack would make it easier to carry anything we buy back to the ship. 

Yes I always take a lightweight backpack....but I have a child so it's pretty much essential.  I have to have sunscreen, camera, SNACKS lots of snacks.  My daughter really is a great traveler, has always been a go with the flow kind of kid BUT she turns into a different person if hungry and she pretty much eats non stop.  I wish I had her metabolism.  She's 10 now so the bag has gotten smaller through the years but I find it's the most efficient thing to take to make sure we have everything we need.  Mainly food, water bottles-full of ice water then an extra plastic water bottle to refill if we run out, sunscreen, camera, phone and sunglass cases! 

15 hours ago, SRF said:

Ty.  Since I don't drink soda, I never know which drink is which company.   But now that you've said it is Dr. Pepper/Keurig, maybe I'll buy her some stock in Dr. Pepper for her birthday.   🙂

15 hours ago, Wrunkles said:

You only have to get the same package if it's the Deluxe Beverage with the alcohol.   The soda and refreshment package doesn't have to be purchased for everyone in the room.  

15 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Everyone in the room does not have to get the same package. That rule applies to alcohol packages only, and even then if one person orders an alcohol package they will allow other adults to purchase refreshment package (not the soda package). You have to call to do this. 

Thank you for that information.  ❤️

14 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

Yes I always take a lightweight backpack....but I have a child so it's pretty much essential.  I have to have sunscreen, camera, SNACKS lots of snacks.  My daughter really is a great traveler, has always been a go with the flow kind of kid BUT she turns into a different person if hungry and she pretty much eats non stop.  I wish I had her metabolism.  She's 10 now so the bag has gotten smaller through the years but I find it's the most efficient thing to take to make sure we have everything we need.  Mainly food, water bottles-full of ice water then an extra plastic water bottle to refill if we run out, sunscreen, camera, phone and sunglass cases! 

Thanks for the advice.  It would probably help keep track of everyone's stuff if we put it in a backpack the night before instead of rushing around for it in the morning. 

20 hours ago, Mallefiscent said:

Thanks for the advice.  It would probably help keep track of everyone's stuff if we put it in a backpack the night before instead of rushing around for it in the morning. 

Yes I do not function well in the mornings even on vacation!  Also stock the bag the night before.  Also thank you for the list of educational resources you posted.  Super helpful!  I'm not up for this home schooling!  And I say that as a school employee 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

Yes I do not function well in the mornings even on vacation!  Also stock the bag the night before.  Also thank you for the list of educational resources you posted.  Super helpful!  I'm not up for this home schooling!  And I say that as a school employee 🙂

Lol.   I could never work at a school.  I have a friend that home schools all of her kids. I don't know how she does it.  I'm thankful that mine are all grown. I loved them dearly when they were young, but I have way more fun with them now that they are grown.