Royal now cancelling most cruises till 11th May

I have Grandeur 6/11 nine night NE/Canada cruise booked and still showing as itinerary scheduled, and in fact still taking reservations for this cruise.  Yeah, right...like that is going to happen!  With coming from Baltimore and not being able to go to Canada, PVSA comes into play here.  If they reroute to Bermuda to pick up required foreign port of call, then still do NE...fine with me. 

Just waiting for them to cancel it. 

If they pull the Nassau/Coco Cay stunt...will have to cancel on my own.  I can go there from my local port on 3/4 night for half the price.  🤨

41 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

My guess is that the May 15 Adventure cruise will be cancelled. However - the ship could go to Bermuda or the Bahamas in 6 days.

I don't mind Bermuda and then still hit the NE ports, but won't stay on for Bahamas.  

41 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

My guess is that the May 15 Adventure cruise will be cancelled. However - the ship could go to Bermuda or the Bahamas in 6 days.

You are probably right...we went from "getting ready to go" to unpacking.  Our Adventure of the Seas sailings from April 5th ending May 15th (B5B)...cancelled.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I have Grandeur 6/11 nine night NE/Canada cruise booked and still showing as itinerary scheduled, and in fact still taking reservations for this cruise.  Yeah, right...like that is going to happen!  With coming from Baltimore and not being able to go to Canada, PVSA comes into play here.  If they reroute to Bermuda to pick up required foreign port of call, then still do NE...fine with me. 

Just waiting for them to cancel it. 

If they pull the Nassau/Coco Cay stunt...will have to cancel on my own.  I can go there from my local port on 3/4 night for half the price.  🤨

I thought Royal announced all cruises visiting Canada were cancelled to July 1st.

4 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I thought Royal announced all cruises visiting Canada were cancelled to July 1st.

Go on their website.  It is still showing as available, still showing the Canada/NE itinerary...and still taking bookings.  

No official email from RCI that the June 11th sailing is cancelled.  Their lack of correct information about this cruise is getting very annoying to those of us waiting 

for the answers.   

Edited by island lady

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Go on their website.  It is still showing as available, still showing the Canada/NE itinerary...and still taking bookings.  

No official email from RCI that the June 11th sailing is cancelled.  It's getting very annoying.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1439/royal-caribbean-extends-global-suspension-of-cruising/

1 minute ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Yes, of course I saw that.  I have a cruise that falls under that.  But no cancellation notice, and RCI still taking reservations for my NE/Canada cruise on June 11th.    

Did you go online and check it?  

Did I get an email, as others have, that their cruise is cancelled? No, nada, zip.  Until then I can't cancel my flights or apply for the NCC to be able to schedule something else.  

Just now, island lady said:

Yes, of course I saw that.  I have a cruise that falls under that.  But no cancellation notice, and RCI still taking reservations for my NE/Canada cruise on June 11th.    

Did you go online and check it?  

Did I get an email, as others have, that their cruise is cancelled? No, nada, zip.  Until then I can't cancel my flights or apply for the NCC to be able to schedule something else.  

Oh I agree.  Don't cancel until you receive an email.

We are cruising at the very end of June and into July. Still a very good chance that this will be cancelled, i think. We usually book direct, but for this time we used a travel agent. I am very glad. She's checking on all the updates for us, so we'll know. If it's cancelled, that's OK. We understand. Will probably take the FCC if that happens. 

I booked 4 cabins for July 15, 2020 New England/Canada cruise for a family vacation (recently widowed after 40 years).  Total non-refundable deposit paid to date is $3750 with a final balance of $23,000 due by April 16.  Can I cancel and get my deposit back now.  Although very disappointed as our family needed this getaway, I’ve had half my lung removed 3 months ago and in a compromised condition at this point and not willing to risk it.  Thanks.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:10 PM, soloadventurer said:

Latest 

91539B22-1472-40CF-9D18-CC961226CAAA.jpeg

I called RCI today and they said that my cruise 7 Night Canada and New England Cruise out of NJ for 5/25/2020 has not been cancelled.  I was lead to believe that those cruises were cancelled as they "originated" out of or into Canada.  Anyone heard different?

15 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I called RCI today and they said that my cruise 7 Night Canada and New England Cruise out of NJ for 5/25/2020 has not been cancelled. 

They are looking at the same info you are - RCI just hasn't gotten around to cancelling them yet.

17 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I called RCI today and they said that my cruise 7 Night Canada and New England Cruise out of NJ for 5/25/2020 has not been cancelled.  I was lead to believe that those cruises were cancelled as they "originated" out of or into Canada.  Anyone heard different?

I have a June 11th Grandeur NE/Canada cruise that still shows going to Canada...yeah right.  And still taking bookings.  😮 

Canada is not allowing any cruise ship to come into their country until at least after July 1st.  With PVSA rules, the ships originating out of the US have to call on at least one foreign country.  Not gonna happen on your cruise or mine. 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have a June 11th Grandeur NE/Canada cruise that still shows going to Canada...yeah right.  And still taking bookings.  😮 

That may still have a chance - they could go via Bermuda to satisfy the foreign port requirement - a bit harder and more out of way for a shorter sailing from NJ.

Edited by Biker19

Missed cruising by one day. We'll take 125% FCC and 125% credit for my Cruise Planner purchases for our May 11 booking. I'm not in a hurry to book another cruise in the next 20 months. 

I have a feeling that there will be plenty of cabins available whenever I decide to book.

Will they transfer the cruise planner credit to your next sailing or is it an open credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That may still have a chance - they could go via Bermuda to satisfy the foreign port requirement - a bit harder and more out of way for a shorter sailing from NJ.

That is what I am hoping they do.  Go to Bermuda and then the NE ports, or vice versa.  The alternating 5 night goes to Bermuda only...so not uncommon for them to do that.  

However, 9 night cruises on Grandeur after our cruise sail date ....starts going to Bermuda, Nassau, and Coco Cay.  Ugg...if I wanted that ...I would stay home and take a 3/4 night cruise for half the money.  That cruise route is nothing close to being a "NE/Canada" cruise.  

2 hours ago, gold said:

Will they transfer the cruise planner credit to your next sailing or is it an open credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like the Cruise Planner Credit goes to whatever reservation for which you use your FCC. The Letter from Royal:

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

53 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

Their extended suspension says New England cruises are cancelled until July 1. Does that include the Oasis departures in June from NJ that don't have a Canadian stop?

Oasis does not go to NE.