Royal now cancelling most cruises till 11th May

Just received this email from our Miami hotel. We still have a booking 5/16/20 on Symphony. Looks like more cruises will be cancelled in the near future.

Dear Guest,

Our records indicate that you have a reservation at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. Unfortunately, we will be closing temporarily starting on 3/21/2020 through 6/19/2020.   

We regret any inconvenience, please think of us again if your travels bring you back to the area after 6/19/2020.

You may also visit  www.marriott.com at your convenience to check availability.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

Just received this email from our Miami hotel. We still have a booking 5/16/20 on Symphony. Looks like more cruises will be cancelled in the near future.

Dear Guest,

Our records indicate that you have a reservation at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. Unfortunately, we will be closing temporarily starting on 3/21/2020 through 6/19/2020.   

We regret any inconvenience, please think of us again if your travels bring you back to the area after 6/19/2020.

You may also visit  www.marriott.com at your convenience to check availability.

Thank you for your understanding.

I wonder if that's due to the direct effects of CV or due to oversupply of rooms due to the effects? Interesting that they didn't suggest booking at either another Marriott property or a hotel owned by the same company. 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, island lady said:

Yes, of course I saw that.  I have a cruise that falls under that.  But no cancellation notice, and RCI still taking reservations for my NE/Canada cruise on June 11th.    

Did you go online and check it?  

Did I get an email, as others have, that their cruise is cancelled? No, nada, zip.  Until then I can't cancel my flights or apply for the NCC to be able to schedule something else.  

Just got a letter from Celebrity telling me the Summit cruises to NE/Canada on 5/28 and two in June have been modified.  The 9 day on 5/28 is scheduled for two stops in Maine and then two sea days to get to Nassau before returning to Cape Liberty.  3 ports and 6 sea days.  Wonder if RCI is thinking along those lines.  If your NE/Canada cruise has not been cancelled this may be what's coming.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Just got a letter from Celebrity telling me the Summit cruises to NE/Canada on 5/28 and two in June have been modified.  The 9 day on 5/28 is scheduled for two stops in Maine and then two sea days to get to Nassau before returning to Cape Liberty.  3 ports and 6 sea days.  Wonder if RCI is thinking along those lines.  If your NE/Canada cruise has not been cancelled this may be what's coming.

Except our May 15 NE/Canada is only 6 days.  Even doing Nassau and back would be a race there and back with very little time in a port most don't want to go to.  I also still think cruising won't resume in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Nassau?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bahamas-ministry-of-tourism--aviations-update-on-covid-19-301029227.html

edit: I just read this part "New Emergency Powers and Regulations will be enforced under this order to prevent further spread of COVID-19, effective 9 a.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020 and will expire at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 31, unless otherwise stated."

However on the Bahamas government site, it says this:

https://bs.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Edited by Hoopster95

43 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Nassau?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bahamas-ministry-of-tourism--aviations-update-on-covid-19-301029227.html

edit: I just read this part "New Emergency Powers and Regulations will be enforced under this order to prevent further spread of COVID-19, effective 9 a.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020 and will expire at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 31, unless otherwise stated."

However on the Bahamas government site, it says this:

https://bs.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Celebrity thinks Nassau will be open in June, right now closed until 4/1/20.  Probably extended, but since no one is cruising until May it could be in small extensions, not wanting to miss any cruises.

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

I talked to D+ agent on the phone yesterday.  She said they still have not made a decision on 9 night Grandeur June 11th yet.  I am thinking along the same line, except Grandeur may go to Bermuda for her "foreign port stop"...then up to coast of NE...or vice versa.  Grandeur already doing alternate 5 nights to Bermuda anyway.  

Waiting to find out what they do.