"Click here" for refund?

39august

It's not unknown, you received the email from Celebrity...it's just not out of the blue.

The link works fine.  I used it for my March 29th Edge cruise that was cancelled...

No refund yet..but I trust that it's coming in due time.  

• Thanks 1

I just requested a refund for my Royal Caribbean cruise. It's the same form. I used the form even though I booked through a TA. I was under the impression that I did not have to go through my TA. I went ahead and called her to confirm that. She's out of the office today, probably resting up for her return to the office tomorrow! 

Edited by CruisinNole

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Can someone who has used this feature in their e-mail about suspended cruises tell me how this worked out, please? I'm a bit leery of clicking on an unknown entitiy. 

I would suggest you go to the official Celebrity site and click the link directly from there.  

I did it yesterday and it was a very simple process.   I of course have not received a check back yet.   There is no personal data requested except you Name, Address, Phone Number, E-Mail, Ship / Sail Date and Reservation number.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I guess I should have asked if  I had to go thru. my TA. It seems as if I do not. Thanks for your answers.

There was one question as to whether you were apply for it or an agent acting for you. 

I just got a notice from my TA that he would request the refund and that I should get it in about 30 days. As to the insurance question. I don't believe we will see that in the refund, but we can hope.

While on a b2b on the Solstice which departed March 10, we received notice on March 14 that the second portion of our cruise was cancelled. We clicked on the link for a refund, and yesterday received an email from Celebrity via our travel agent, that the refund has been applied to our credit card. It’s not there as yet.

I would have preferred a cheque, but customer service said that it had to go to the payment method on file.

Don’t know what I will do with a huge credit on my card😳

2 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Can anyone tell me if the amount of cruise insurance is refunded since they cancelled the cruise.  

I just emailed my insurance carrier thinking that they would issue a refund since Celebrity cancelled the cruise.  Their response:  

"We are offering a 1 year Future Trip Credit for rescheduled travel dates on this policy.  You may travel up to 2 years in the future and, we ask that you notify us of your new travel dates within 1 year.

Please confirm so that we may annotate your policy.  Thank you."

Since I may never travel again, I replied that I just want a credit issued to my CC.  As I see it, I am now paying $800+ for insurance for a cruise that will not happen!  Seems logical that this fee should also be refunded by the insurer.  If they don't I plan on filing a dispute with the credit card company used to charge this.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cornus said:

I just emailed my insurance carrier thinking that they would issue a refund since Celebrity cancelled the cruise.  Their response:  

"We are offering a 1 year Future Trip Credit for rescheduled travel dates on this policy.  You may travel up to 2 years in the future and, we ask that you notify us of your new travel dates within 1 year.

Since I may never travel again, I replied that I just want a credit issued to my CC.  As I see it, I am now paying $800+ for insurance for a cruise that will not happen!  Seems logical that this fee should also be refunded by the insurer.  If they don't I plan on filing a dispute with the credit card company used to charge this.   

'Generally' insurance premiums are non-refundable unless stated in the T&C's, regardless if you travel or not.

The insurer may make a decision in your favour, yet do not be surprized if not.

Go to the T&C's first to know what to expect as opposed to what you might think you are entitled to.

bon voyage

2 hours ago, Cornus said:

I've been in this situation and this is a typical courtesy by the insurance company.  Remember they really don't owe you anything.  Challenging this on your credit card will not get you anywhere.

8 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

Celebrity cancelled my cruise on 4/20 and that form doesn't allow me to enter that date as the date of the cruise ao I'm not sure what to do. 5/17 is the first date allowed.

Karl

I had the same type of incorrect date on my cruise.  I click on the closest date and proceeded without any problem.   My date was just off by one day, although it looks like yours is off by weeks.  Hopefully your cruise reservation # that the systems asks for will give the cruise line all it needs to process your refund/FCC (which ever you are requesting).

Good luck!

I also used the on-line form and for me no problems at all.    I was able to select my cruise dates and the application was submitted.  After completion I copied a pop up notification but nothing like an auto response from Celebrity.

image.thumb.png.b9c218c19b038c65b51c548919f2e96c.png

• Thanks 1

My results were exactly the same.  Very easy to do...and got the same message as Jim in response.  Waiting game for refunds...it is out of my realm of influence, and I’ve done all I can do.  However....Cunard is as still as a mouse.

We are still waiting for Cunard to make a move on our May 6 return to NYC from Southampton...and it appears that they have their heads stuck in the sand.  So, Celebrity is ahead in the notification dept.

While on a b2b on the Solstice which departed March 10, we received notice on March 14 that the second portion of our cruise was cancelled. We clicked on the link for a refund, and yesterday received an email from Celebrity via our travel agent, that the refund has been applied to our credit card. It’s not there as yet.
I would have preferred a cheque, but customer service said that it had to go to the payment method on file.
Don’t know what I will do with a huge credit on my card[emoji15]

I received a credit on my card for an unrelated issue. After a couple of months of not using that card at all they issued me a check. I would suggest either charging against it to draw it down or let it sit untouched and get the check to clear out the account.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 3/25/2020 at 11:40 AM, Cornus said:

Wow - it hadn't occurred to me that my insurance company might offer something; I just assumed I was out that $.  Guess I'll check with them tomorrow.  I'd be delighted to receive credit that I could apply to a future trip.  I noticed that Celebrity was planning to issue refunds to people on cancelled trips who'd purchased travel insurance through Celebrity.