Express documents for May 9 Alaska!

Niagarawine

What if HAL (and many other cruise lines) was talking to law makers about making a temporary waiver to the 130 year old law that requires ships of foreign flags to visit a foreign port.  If they can swing that, the Canadian port closures will not close the Alaskan cruise season.

5 minutes ago, NapTown Jim said:

What if HAL (and many other cruise lines) was talking to law makers about making a temporary waiver to the 130 year old law that requires ships of foreign flags to visit a foreign port.  If they can swing that, the Canadian port closures will not close the Alaskan cruise season.

Sure, take the folks affected by the Coronavirus in Seattle, Washington and bring them to visit the people affected by the Coronavirus in Alaska.  Sounds like a plan to me 😏

• Like 3

Are you kidding me? What about another port? I paid for air tickets which I will have to eat. You are in the valley of denial if you think ships will be sailing any time soon and I am watch Celebrity giving refunds along with other lines. They must be just as busy as Holland.

35 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Are you kidding me? What about another port? I paid for air tickets which I will have to eat. You are in the valley of denial if you think ships will be sailing any time soon and I am watch Celebrity giving refunds along with other lines. They must be just as busy as Holland.

What airline are you flying?  I don't have enought toes and fingers to count the number of emails I have from various airlines saying that if I have a ticket and scheduled travel before May 31 they will refund or reschedule.  I hope HAl and your airline will help you out.  Sorry for your stress.  Cherie 

Edited by cccole

9 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

I am watch Celebrity giving refunds along with other lines. They must be just as busy as Holland.

Did Celebrity have a surprise world cruise ending with need to figure out how and where to disembark passengers and get them back home?

Does Celebrity currently have a ship with a number of passengers experiencing "flu-like" symptoms and have need to figure out logistics of getting medical personnel and supplies from two other HAL ships to the one in need? (Not to mention negotiating a Panama Canal passage and a place to port in the US....)

• Like 1

Niagara wine   I’m in same situation may 9 got the same letter.   I call Hal. Answered in 20 seconds (not to busy)  Sounds like they just don’t want you calling

yes they offer a refund but I paid with gift cards so refunds would be on the original gift cards. They don’t even send new ones  How old school are they. And still won’t say they are canceling because they want you to cancel so they can offer you less they really push that u cancel when you speak to them

also excursions are gift cards and that is a whole ordeal as the gift cards must match exact amount for each person not total price for excursions I had such trouble with them , they even gave us 200 obc for the trouble, well will lose that also if we start over next year.

anyway with Royal now coming out and canceling till past our cruise time it’s time for holland to do the same but there not

the airfare I’m in the same boat. Yes they are giving vouchers but you have to use southwest anyways 1 yr from purchase date well if I only can travel once a yr and have to wait till next May. I’m out of the time zone

if you bought insurance ( what a joke that is never again)

they don’t cover corona as a excuse and can’t get your money back from that so that’s a grand out the door for my party of 8

holland your gonna get a lot of money from the government so pony up and do the right thing already before u lose live long customers