What is your opinion of Adventure OTS

It turns out I did both Libety and Jewel before. In 2012, so hazy, liberty I liked and Jewel I took a long time friend who went to bed every night and read her book and we missed every show. I booked a jurior suite because I wanted her to like cruising. The last day we did explore the ship and then sat out on the balcony reading books and talking. 

I'm looking at perhaps booking adventure OTS next april. I dont remember having been on it before, but then my memory of past cruises is dim to hazy and the majority of my past cruises are so old they have fallen off my rcl acct to review names.

I love the promenade area on newer ship, I guess adventure doesnt have one. I never had a cruise I didnt enjoy watching the wake and the ocean and taking it all in, but dont remember this ship at all. If anyone has been on it, please refresh my memory.

Actually right now I could book a b2b on it, but hesitant, the 2nd shorter leg has fewer cabins I'm looking at to choose from.

Obviously I dont know what to expect from pricing, if it's even smart to book a 2nd cruise, or some say prices will drop like a rock. Wait. The fact I didnt remember what i paid for my cancelled liberty cruise tells you i pay then forget about it. But i am a planner. I like things planned out in my life.

Any help or direction? I am kinda looking at next year but worrying they wouldnt drop the doctors note which will be a pain in the butt to get.

DH and I were on a 6 night on Adventure back in December and quite enjoyed her.  The ship is similar size/layout to Mariner and Navigator...not too big, not too small.  We had a JS and loved the stateroom (first time trying that room type so it was a treat for us).  Food was good, service was good.  No complaints.  The production shows weren't my favorite, but we had great headliners (luck of the draw for those).  Night life was fun with the usual Quest, Love & Marriage, Battle of the Sexes, and we often just sat at Boleros and listened to the group that played there.  

Adventure has a Promenade.

We quite enjoyed our cruise on Adventure and would have no issue booking again.

Just now, firefly333 said:

Oh that's really good news about the promenade 

I do love shows tbh, the singing and dancing and sorry to hear not so good on this ship.

Thanks

Take my opinion lightly....We only saw one of the production shows on the 6 nigher and I sometimes find them 'cheesy'.  I'm spoiled by Broadway type shows, but I still enjoy going.  So go with an open mind. I personally love having "dinner followed by a show" as part of cruising.  It makes for a great evening.

• Like 1

I'm easily happy even if they sing off key. I used to play in pit orchestras and watch the same shows more than once on a semi pro basis.

I love musicals. 

Well darn it again. So far I have booked 0 with the rcl rep who said to call her to book. Rcl doesnt even show what I want to book.

A TA would be nice. Wish I knew @ourusualbeach... I guess the big box I used for jewel will work.

The phone message now says she is out of the office today. And she is off sunday and monday. I can give it another day as seems no hurry, the price has been the same since I first looked. I dont know why I cant just book direct on the rcl site but the credit card never goes thru. .. and this time it doesnt even show what I can see elsewhere. My assigned rcl agent is off every day when i call to book. It's not worth much commission so maybe they dont want my bookings. That's the feeling i get. She actually said she was glad last time i booked thru the big box site when I finally talked to her. She seems to take off a lot of days. 

Thanks again for cc help. 

We spent B2B2B on the Adventure in Feb.  Loved the ship and we certainly had great waiters in main dining room.

Our room was on deck 7 between the 2 elevators, easy to go anywhere.

Currently we are in Ft. Lauderdale and the Adventure is parked just out side our condo,  not far off shore, we feel like we could row out to say hi to all the great staff we had for our cruises.  Too bad they cannot get off and come over for a dinner at our place.

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm easily happy even if they sing off key. I used to play in pit orchestras and watch the same shows more than once on a semi pro basis.

I love musicals. 

Well darn it again. So far I have booked 0 with the rcl rep who said to call her to book. Rcl doesnt even show what I want to book.

A TA would be nice. Wish I knew @ourusualbeach... I guess the big box I used for jewel will work.

The phone message now says she is out of the office today. And she is off sunday and monday. I can give it another day as seems no hurry, the price has been the same since I first looked. I dont know why I cant just book direct on the rcl site but the credit card never goes thru. .. and this time it doesnt even show what I can see elsewhere. My assigned rcl agent is off every day when i call to book. It's not worth much commission so maybe they dont want my bookings. That's the feeling i get. She actually said she was glad last time i booked thru the big box site when I finally talked to her. She seems to take off a lot of days. 

Thanks again for cc help. 

RCI Reps do not get any commission, they are salaried.

Well I tried booking online with the big box and it says price is 123. I go thru booking until summary and $13 is added for no reason.

Called and hung up on. Called again, got someone saying what site are you looking at, we are working from home and could be any of 11 web sites and well that cabin must have sold out. That answer makes no sense whatsoever. If the category sold out the next would be more than $13.

I again said I can see 4 of the 5 cabins to choose from in the category are empty. She could offer to call rcl for me ... I can call them myself, just thought I'd go ahead and book online. Had no trouble last time on the site. I'm obviously talking to someone who knows 0 about cruises. 

Well I guess it wouldnt be booked by me online today. .. and here I thought I'd found a site to view prices easily, sigh. There is no reason for the price to change if I dont click anything extra. .. unless they have it listed wrong. ..

Maybe when they are less busy I'll pick a date and book. Having some agent tell me 3 times the cabin you are picking must be booked... who obviously is out of her element. No thanks

And just to make sure I picked a different cabin with same result. 

Edited by firefly333

Tried another site randomly and got this message ... btw the cruise date is over a year out. And 20 added on this site. It's only a short 5 days. I dont care which date, just wierd to add what seems to me to be random unexplained amts added to the price. No explanation of what for, or what you are getting different

"

We're sorry!

The Non-Refundable Deposit rate is no longer available for "xxxxx". Please choose another rate. Please choose another offer or call our cruise experts to help you find the best cabin "

Edited by firefly333

And for the record to get refundable deposit, the least is 38, so the 13 and 20 additional dollars I'd want to know what for yes.

I get it, today everyone is busy. 

However maybe there is a new promotion, as the deposit was 100? Idk if that's less or not, first time I clicked thru was today.

Dallas had 80 new positives today, bigger fish to fry going on. I'm just stuck at home so would have been a good time to book. 

My friend and I were on Adventure Feb 1-9.  We had a grand time and the ship was packed!  We had a lovely aft cabin which I adored.  It had a big balcony. 

The shows like the hypnotist and the comedian were great, the production numbers not so much.  The headliner singer was fantastic.

I love the Schooner bar and Boleros when they weren't pack to the gills!  Our wait staff in the MDR were fabulous, some of the best ever IMO.

My only complaints were the lack of alternative free restaurants/eateries.  The chair hogs in the Solarium were the worst ever.!😬

I got up there around 8:30 to "claim" two loungers after not being able to find anything on the two previous visits, and surprise surprise they were almost all covered with towels.......hideous.

It was a good ship and the itinerary was superb, ABC islands! I would do it again.

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It turns out I did both Libety and Jewel before. In 2012, so hazy, liberty I liked and Jewel I took a long time friend who went to bed every night and read her book and we missed every show. I booked a jurior suite because I wanted her to like cruising. The last day we did explore the ship and then sat out on the balcony reading books and talking. 

If you've been on Liberty, then you have a good feel for what Adventure is like. Though slightly smaller, the layout on Adventure is almost identical to that of Liberty. The promenade runs down the middle, the skating rink is two decks below that. The schooner bar is tucked in a corner near the starboard bow. If you got on them both a week apart, you'd see the difference. If it's been a couple years since you were on Liberty, you probably won't notice a difference.

Not my favorite ship.  We love the Oasis  and Freedom classes.  Didn't like the Quantum class.  The Adventure isn't good if you like high end suites.  They do not have a nice suite lounge.  It is a makeshift room with a temporary limited bar set up.  No suite restaurant- but you can have breakfast in   a specialty restaurant.  No suite deck- they have some chairs in 100% sun- which we dislike.  We had an owners suite which was under the pool deck and very noisy.

In general, not nearly as many venues or activities .  The ship needs real updates.

We were on Adventure a few times when it was new and then again a few years ago. I loved it then and later. The ice show is terrific and food and service very good. I wouldn’t hesitate. 

• Like 1

Adventure is a great ship and also kept in quite good condition. The only negative experience on all Aventure cruises have been the Windjammer which has the least amount of choices compared to other ships in the fleet for lunch; such as no Asian / curry choices etc.

DW and I sailed on her in a JS out of San Juan, had a great time.  Sailed on her again out of Ft Lauderdale in an Inside Promenade.  It too was a very good time.  Not too big and not too small.  We aren't into big ships with lots of bells and whistles but this seemed the right size for us to do plenty of R&R and yet be entertained.  Both times had outstanding wait teams in the MDR and room stewards. 

• Like 2