Playmakers

13 minutes ago, cruiseokie said:

That’s good to hear, we would hate to miss out on going, thank you!

I can't even think of a single bar where children are not allowed.  Our 11 yo granddaughter spent many late nights with us in Dazzles, she sat with us a few times in the DL, her choice not ours. 

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I was just on Freedom for her inaugural cruise after Amplification. Playmakers was a huge hit. I did not see any age restriction. There were children (some in strollers) in there all the time.

What makes Playmakers a hit compared to a normal sports bar?  Asking because I have not been in one.

1 minute ago, Bradison said:

What makes Playmakers a hit compared to a normal sports bar?  Asking because I have not been in one.

Maybe because it's on a cruise ship. It's the only sports bar option. I don't know why people gravitated to it but it was the busiest bar on the ship. It's also huge. It was the entire width of the ship. I counted 93 TV screens. Lots of games to play.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Wings and great burgers for us. 

I'm not one to pay for food on a cruise ship when there are so many options for free. However, I had heard the wings were very good and the onion rings looked real good also so I had to try them. In St. Thomas we got back to the ship early and had a happy hour on our balcony. I bought some wings, rings and chicken fingers to go along with my bucket of beer. The food tasted great and it was very reasonably priced.

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm not one to pay for food on a cruise ship when there are so many options for free. However, I had heard the wings were very good and the onion rings looked real good also so I had to try them. In St. Thomas we got back to the ship early and had a happy hour on our balcony. I bought some wings, rings and chicken fingers to go along with my bucket of beer. The food tasted great and it was very reasonably priced.

I found the wings very feasibly priced.  

1 hour ago, Bradison said:

If you're a sports fan, it's a great place to hang to watch multiple games, enjoy your beverage package and even play video and amusement park-style games.  I was on Symphony in March, and Oasis in December.  On Sunday, every NFL game was shown as well as multiple NCAA college games the following Saturday.  It's like a more enjoyable Buffalo Wild Wings, with better tasting, less expensive food.

4 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

If you're a sports fan, it's a great place to hang to watch multiple games, enjoy your beverage package and even play video and amusement park-style games.  I was on Symphony in March, and Oasis in December.  On Sunday, every NFL game was shown as well as multiple NCAA college games the following Saturday.  It's like a more enjoyable Buffalo Wild Wings, with better tasting, less expensive food.

I hope it makes it onto Allure by November but I am doubtful