OBC towards already booked cruise.

IonImplantTech

Hi everyone.  I don't think it's official yet but i'm sure my sailing on 4/19 from Galveston will get canceled.  In anticipation of this, I went ahead and booked another cruise for later this year.  I only put down the $250 deposit.  Can any future OBC be applied to pay the balance?

Thanks!

Scott

5 minutes ago, IonImplantTech said:

Hi everyone.  I don't think it's official yet but i'm sure my sailing on 4/19 from Galveston will get canceled.  In anticipation of this, I went ahead and booked another cruise for later this year.  I only put down the $250 deposit.  Can any future OBC be applied to pay the balance?

Thanks!

Scott

OBC can only be used for onboard purchases, you can not use it for cruise fare or any other purchases made before you are onboard the ship. 

1 minute ago, LaRue1975 said:

OBC can only be used for onboard purchases, you can not use it for cruise fare or any other purchases made before you are onboard the ship. 

Thanks for your reply.  Maybe i'm asking my question wrong.  Once my cruise is canceled on 4/19 can the refund from that cruise be put towards my already booked future cruise?

12 minutes ago, IonImplantTech said:

Thanks!

Scott

I believe that you mean FCC (future cruise credit).  I can't answer your question, but this might help someone else 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, IonImplantTech said:

Thanks for your reply.  Maybe i'm asking my question wrong.  Once my cruise is canceled on 4/19 can the refund from that cruise be put towards my already booked future cruise?

Ok, got it. 😊 I would think so, I did something similar when I rebooked my April Cruise. When I heard they were offering the ability to cancel and rebook without penalty I put a cruise on hold that night and called Carnival the next day to cancel and book the cruise I had put on hold. 

I jumped the gun because a week later Carnival cancelled my cruise and offered the $600 OBC. I thought I had missed out but a week later they made the new offer available to those that rebooked under the original free cancellation offer so I did get the $600 OBC. It’s hard to keep up, lol! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IonImplantTech said:

Bingo!  Thats what I meant.  LOL thanks!

Recently called Carnival to confirm that FCC/OBC for a cruise scheduled April 18 is transferrable to a cruise already booked (in my case December).  Rep said no problem.  Only difficulty might be getting through to Carnival

6 minutes ago, emceejay said:

Recently called Carnival to confirm that FCC/OBC for a cruise scheduled April 18 is transferrable to a cruise already booked (in my case December).  Rep said no problem.  Only difficulty might be getting through to Carnival

Excellent, thanks for the info!