Port of Seattle Closes Indefinitely Due to COVID-19

Taters

This became a foregone conclusion when our neighbors to the north closed their ports until 1 July.  As long as Vancouver and Victoria are closed, there's no value to Seattle.  

I do see this impacting American Cruise lines though.  They might have to tweak their Puget Sound cruises.  

Edited by Aquahound

6 hours ago, Taters said:

I think you mean to say that the Port of Seattle has closed cruise activity. The Port itself is of course still operational for freight and fuel.

BTW, the KINY report mentioned a 17-day period. If I am not mistaken, that research note was about the Diamond Princess, and published weeks ago. There was a caution attached to the finding. Traces were found but it was unknown if the remnants were contagious.

• Like 2

My husband and I along with two friends are scheduled on the Eurodam out of Seattle on July 4.  Not feeling confident this will be resolved by then.  Don't know whether we should pay our balance or just cancel.  We already have money tied up in a Disney Cruise we were supposed to be on yesterday and rescheduled till next March.  I hate to tie up another $4K for something that isn't going to happen this year.  We need to make a decision soon as the balance is due next week.  Based on vacations for next year, I can't add any more vacation time to the year, so if we needed to reschedule in less than 2 years, might not be able to do it.  Still holding tight right now.