You Must be Kidding

gmbhardy

We are meant to leave April 19 on the Bliss, out of New York arriving in Seattle,  NCL is still selling this cruise. I find it appalling the lack of information we are getting, not to mention the sale of this cruise. We continue to wait. Does NCL really think they will be able to go through with this cruise?  We plan to cruise again, but not the way NCL is dictating by December 2021 with their FCC. We will take our time, see our options.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We are meant to leave April 19 on the Bliss, out of New York arriving in Seattle,  NCL is still selling this cruise. I find it appalling the lack of information we are getting, not to mention the sale of this cruise. We continue to wait. Does NCL really think they will be able to go through with this cruise?  We plan to cruise again, but not the way NCL is dictating by December 2021 with their FCC. We will take our time, see our options.

take your refund money and go with a different cruise. NCL may not exist in current form in a few weeks.

• Like 1

All the predictions of NCLH headed imminently for BK are out of touch.  To start, Seeking Alpha has a decent write-up of some of the basics.  The big question left from that article is: Do they have access to several hundred million dollars to stay viable for a few quarters?  Here is the answer.  Hint: yeah, they do.

We probably won't see cruises for a couple of months.  I still have no doubt that my October transatlantic is going to be an awesome time.  

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 1:09 PM, hamrag said:

Someone in NCL has 'misspoken'.....meant to say 30 weeks!

Hope it wont turn into 30 months lol. They can keep suspending it every month. If you plan to cruise this year, please dont rush to buy those cruises, cause they might get cancelled and you will lose your money. Book cruises for next year and dont pay in full. Or get full Insurance package just to be on the safe side. Anyway, hope I am helpful here 🙂 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blcruising said:

President Trump has expanded the social distancing guidelines through April 30 for the entire country. This effectively eliminated the ability for NCL to operate cruises from US ports in April.

Lets hope they announce an extra month of no cruises soon...

• Like 1

So I was booked on Jewel April 3 which was cancelled several weeks ago.  I booked via one of the largest best known OTA.  Never ever heard one word from them since making final payment.  On march 27 got an email from ceo asking me to make sure to preregister for my cruise, book shore excursions, take advantage of future booking opportunities.  NOT A CLUE.

Needless to say a STUPID email that i suspect was sent to lots of other folks.  It's like this huge cruise selling OTA has no idea that the cruise was long cancelled.  I of course replied to the ceo and never heard another word back. They of course are very quick to take your money but after that i give them an F for customer service.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

Lets hope they announce an extra month of no cruises soon...

NCL is forced to cancel again. I don't think they have any choice. Oasis of the Seas in quarantine due to crew testing positive. Zaandam has coronavirus onboard. There are probably more. It is not safe to be onboard a cruise ship at this time.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, blcruising said:

NCL is forced to cancel again. I don't think they have any choice. Oasis of the Seas in quarantine due to crew testing positive. Zaandam has coronavirus onboard. There are probably more. It is not safe to be onboard a cruise ship at this time.

Being Social Distancing has been extended until April 30th all cruiselines have to adjust/cancel/rebook thousands more pax.

Goodbye April, next will probably be May. 

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Being Social Distancing has been extended until April 30th all cruiselines have to adjust/cancel/rebook thousands more pax.

Goodbye April, next will probably be May. 

For the most part, the April sailings have significant vacancy. I'd bet less than 30% of the staterooms are occupied, much like current airplanes and hotels.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blcruising said:

President Trump has expanded the social distancing guidelines through April 30 for the entire country. This effectively eliminated the ability for NCL to operate cruises from US ports in April.

Wow....no one on here understood that! 🙄

Were they cheaper than normal?   

At the time, mini suites were selling for less than my balcony. So even if we didn’t have this virus causing problems I would not have given them any more money. As far as haven goes, I’m just not paying that kind of money for a cabin on a mass market line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums