Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
gmbhardy

You Must be Kidding

Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2020 at 3:12 PM, BirdTravels said:

The OP unilaterally decided to self quarantine themselves. 

 

I don’t understand your post. Would you please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are meant to leave April 19 on the Bliss, out of New York arriving in Seattle,  NCL is still selling this cruise. I find it appalling the lack of information we are getting, not to mention the sale of this cruise. We continue to wait. Does NCL really think they will be able to go through with this cruise?  We plan to cruise again, but not the way NCL is dictating by December 2021 with their FCC. We will take our time, see our options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We are meant to leave April 19 on the Bliss, out of New York arriving in Seattle,  NCL is still selling this cruise. I find it appalling the lack of information we are getting, not to mention the sale of this cruise. We continue to wait. Does NCL really think they will be able to go through with this cruise?  We plan to cruise again, but not the way NCL is dictating by December 2021 with their FCC. We will take our time, see our options.

take your refund money and go with a different cruise. NCL may not exist in current form in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mnsweeps said:

take your refund money and go with a different cruise. NCL may not exist in current form in a few weeks.

what refund money? they still have not canceled this cruise. :-(......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the predictions of NCLH headed imminently for BK are out of touch.  To start, Seeking Alpha has a decent write-up of some of the basics.  The big question left from that article is: Do they have access to several hundred million dollars to stay viable for a few quarters?  Here is the answer.  Hint: yeah, they do.

We probably won't see cruises for a couple of months.  I still have no doubt that my October transatlantic is going to be an awesome time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 1:09 PM, hamrag said:

 

Someone in NCL has 'misspoken'.....meant to say 30 weeks!

Hope it wont turn into 30 months lol. They can keep suspending it every month. If you plan to cruise this year, please dont rush to buy those cruises, cause they might get cancelled and you will lose your money. Book cruises for next year and dont pay in full. Or get full Insurance package just to be on the safe side. Anyway, hope I am helpful here 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

what refund money? they still have not canceled this cruise. :-(......

I cancelled my June cruise  on Mar 6 ..sorry I was not clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Trump has expanded the social distancing guidelines through April 30 for the entire country. This effectively eliminated the ability for NCL to operate cruises from US ports in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, blcruising said:

President Trump has expanded the social distancing guidelines through April 30 for the entire country. This effectively eliminated the ability for NCL to operate cruises from US ports in April.

Lets hope they announce an extra month of no cruises soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was booked on Jewel April 3 which was cancelled several weeks ago.  I booked via one of the largest best known OTA.  Never ever heard one word from them since making final payment.  On march 27 got an email from ceo asking me to make sure to preregister for my cruise, book shore excursions, take advantage of future booking opportunities.  NOT A CLUE.

 

Needless to say a STUPID email that i suspect was sent to lots of other folks.  It's like this huge cruise selling OTA has no idea that the cruise was long cancelled.  I of course replied to the ceo and never heard another word back. They of course are very quick to take your money but after that i give them an F for customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

Lets hope they announce an extra month of no cruises soon...

NCL is forced to cancel again. I don't think they have any choice. Oasis of the Seas in quarantine due to crew testing positive. Zaandam has coronavirus onboard. There are probably more. It is not safe to be onboard a cruise ship at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, blcruising said:

NCL is forced to cancel again. I don't think they have any choice. Oasis of the Seas in quarantine due to crew testing positive. Zaandam has coronavirus onboard. There are probably more. It is not safe to be onboard a cruise ship at this time.

Being Social Distancing has been extended until April 30th all cruiselines have to adjust/cancel/rebook thousands more pax.

 

Goodbye April, next will probably be May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

Lets hope they announce an extra month of no cruises soon...

It sounds like the Port of Seattle is sitting it out entirely this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Being Social Distancing has been extended until April 30th all cruiselines have to adjust/cancel/rebook thousands more pax.

 

Goodbye April, next will probably be May. 

For the most part, the April sailings have significant vacancy. I'd bet less than 30% of the staterooms are occupied, much like current airplanes and hotels.

Edited by blcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 11:10 AM, dmdiver said:

I just got an email from ncl about upgrading my cabin. Seriously?

Were they cheaper than normal?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blcruising said:

President Trump has expanded the social distancing guidelines through April 30 for the entire country. This effectively eliminated the ability for NCL to operate cruises from US ports in April.

Wow....no one on here understood that! 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Wow....no one on here understood that! 🙄

Evidently NCL did not understand that, have not cancelled said cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Evidently NCL did not understand that, have not cancelled said cruises.

Yep, but I said....no one on here understood that! 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Were they cheaper than normal?   

At the time, mini suites were selling for less than my balcony. So even if we didn’t have this virus causing problems I would not have given them any more money. As far as haven goes, I’m just not paying that kind of money for a cabin on a mass market line.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...