Noordam Inaugural Cruisers-We Await your Reviews

Joanandjoe

There apparently will be dozens of CC members on the inaugural cruise, which is now only 15 days away. Those of us who are sailing on her later this year (11/25 for us) eagerly await your reviews. Have a great cruise, everyone, and don't forget to post lots of reviews. Hopefully we'll see reviews on everything from "steerage" insides to Suites and the Penthouse (and lots of categories in between).

Now if only we could get an invitation to the buffet .... I guess 14 days on HAL and 14 more on Windstar, with another 11 booked on HAL, isn't enough to get us invited.

She has left the Boatyard at Fincantieri and is now under HAL's flag and set for her transatlantic. Can't wait until she gets to Boston and we get to see her.

Do you know when she's scheduled to arrive in NYC? If the ship is in port over the weekend, I'd love to see her. How did you get her itinierary?

She left Venice on the 3rd of February and is now on her way to Boston. We can't wait to see her there either on the 17th...just pray we don't get a huge snowstorm!

You're right, Liz....Fingers crossed our mild weather continues.

Joan, I would love to have her itinerary. Some of us know about her schedule in Boston because we've been invited to the festivities aboard her there.

Just betting---sheer speculation on my part---that she sails from Boston on Sunday or Monday Feb. 19th or 20th. Does anyone know if she's doing a TA fam-trip over that weekend?

As LizB1 said, they left Venice on Friday...yesterday passed the northern coast of Africa. Tomorrow they have a stop in Spain and the captain gave everyone shore leave for the day. The shore excursion office made arrangements for free tours of the Rock of Gibraltar. My son is looking forward to having time off and will probably call one last time before they head out to the open sea. After that communication will be by email, but if I hear anything, I will fill you in on the progress as they make the crossing.

My son is a production assistant. Flew over to Mestre on January 7th and has been working in and around the theatre and lounges. At first it was getting things set up, now he is working behind the scenes for the show rehearsals. His background is sound engineering....working the sound boards, but he is doing whatever they need him to do. The hours have been long and the workload heavy, but it's been a great experience.

Hi All,

Yes, I do agree with Joanandjoe, on looking forward to the future reviews of the passengers onboard.

We are scheduled much earlier, the NYC 3/25/2006 Caribbean cruise which will be her 4th voyage.

With all the parties onboard, would be interesting to see ongoing comments posted if they have the chance.

Regards,

:) ESLO (Bev & Ed)

Hi All,

Yes, I do agree with Joanandjoe, on looking forward to the future reviews of the passengers onboard.

We are scheduled much earlier, the NYC 3/25/2006 Caribbean cruise which will be her 4th voyage.

With all the parties onboard, would be interesting to see ongoing comments posted if they have the chance.

Regards,

:) ESLO (Bev & Ed)

Ditto. I am scheduled on 10th june 2006 sailing from Rome

My son is a production assistant. Flew over to Mestre on January 7th and has been working in and around the theatre and lounges. At first it was getting things set up, now he is working behind the scenes for the show rehearsals. His background is sound engineering....working the sound boards, but he is doing whatever they need him to do. The hours have been long and the workload heavy, but it's been a great experience.

JL--

I have a cousin who does similar work at some of the resorts in Vegas - You must be very proud of your son.

If you'd like to send us his name, we'd be pleased to host him at some of our get-togethers/dinners (as a guest, of course)

bep_sf@yahoo.com

Archived