P&O are still aiming for May cruises to go ahead ???

glittergal1

17 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's happening, like it ot not... 

I paid my bills, hardly anybody paid me... I either give them a chance or pursue them, which will just make them fold with me getting nothing... 

Bigger scale, but same principle.. 

Andy 

It may be happening but that still does not make it right. There is right and there is wrong.

Andy you did the legal and importantly honourable thing, so you at least can sleep at night. 

1 hour ago, glittergal1 said:

Well it seems some of you missed the complete  sarcasm of my last post which was   in reply to Wowzz post , it was He/she that said Carnival were in Trouble .

Whereas I think they still have plenty of money  and are not at threat 

Carnival have a $1 billion a month liquidity problem.  They are in trouble

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Carnival have a $1 billion a month liquidity problem.  They are in trouble

Carnival don't have a $1 billion a month liquidity problem.

Someone calculated that it would cost a certain amount of money to keep them running through to the end of their current year. However that number is fairly subjective as it includes no new bookings, no on-board spend and assumes significant cash refunds of deposits and balances already paid. You could argue that this is a worst case scenario.

In real life, there will be bookings for 2022 sailings, there will be ships which resume, a lot of cash refunds will roll onto other bookings.

Additional to this, Carnival have drawn down on a $3bn credit facility which was already agreed before Coronavirus became a problem. Most major companies have some type of pre-agreed facility in place which they can access on a rainy day. These facilities are based upon the company being strong. The company has also announced that it's lenders will lend more / for longer if necessary.

Finally, Carnival are seeking to raise $6.5bn through new equity and debt sales - mostly secured convertable loan notes available to institutional lenders. The markets have reacted favourably to these, even though the share price won't reflect this as it essentially devalues the shareholding.

So, Carnival have $10bn coming in to cover $10bn of outgoings up to the end of the year. Anything else in is a bonus.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It may be happening but that still does not make it right. There is right and there is wrong.

Andy you did the legal and importantly honourable thing, so you at least can sleep at night. 

Haart, Wren and many others sacked thousands of staff between them... 

It's not right, but it happened and will continue to happen. 

Andy 

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Haart, Wren and many others sacked thousands of staff between them... 

It's not right, but it happened and will continue to happen. 

Andy 

No it is not right and if we give in to what is wrong then we tacitly condone it.

• Like 1

After reading some of these posts I am nearly convinced that I should donate all I have to P&O. We are all entitled to our own opinions and are responsible for our own decisions.

The fact is they adopt no flexibility whatsoever and its always in their favour. I am entitled to a cash refund when my cruise for 30 May is cancelled and I will take that without a second thought. I have two other cruises booked. The one in December I won't be paying the balance so I have no option but to move it. My March one will need a bit more thinking about but I will probably move that as well.

I have no responsibility whatsoever to use my money to keep P&O going. My responsibility is to me and my family first and foremost. To think otherwise is nuts.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

After reading some of these posts I am nearly convinced that I should donate all I have to P&O. We are all entitled to our own opinions and are responsible for our own decisions.

The fact is they adopt no flexibility whatsoever and its always in their favour. I am entitled to a cash refund when my cruise for 30 May is cancelled and I will take that without a second thought. I have two other cruises booked. The one in December I won't be paying the balance so I have no option but to move it. My March one will need a bit more thinking about but I will probably move that as well.

I have no responsibility whatsoever to use my money to keep P&O going. My responsibility is to me and my family first and foremost. To think otherwise is nuts.

Totally agree. 

We should do all we can to get our money back, but we also should be aware that we are dealing with an industry in trouble. 

I have requested my refund, let's see where we are in 60 days time... 

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Totally agree. 

We should do all we can to get our money back, but we also should be aware that we are dealing with an industry in trouble. 

I have requested my refund, let's see where we are in 60 days time... 

Andy 

I would certainly think the vast majority will continue to cruise as soon as they can and will return to the same companies providing they consider they have been treated fairly during this period. Being allowed to transfer existing deposits would certainly encourage me. I would even consider taking FCC from my May cruise if I could transfer it to another booking. P&O are not allowing that so its cash first for me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

I would certainly think the vast majority will continue to cruise as soon as they can and will return to the same companies providing they consider they have been treated fairly during this period. Being allowed to transfer existing deposits would certainly encourage me. I would even consider taking FCC from my May cruise if I could transfer it to another booking. P&O are not allowing that so its cash first for me.

I agree. Let’s hope that you don’t get vilified for expressing what is essentially a very reasonable opinion (but I wouldn’t bet on it 😀)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

This is my feelings to If you are treated well by a company then you stick by them and remember that in the future, P&O however have not treated Us in my opinion fairly in the last few months , We too will take cash over another fcc if we cant transfer it to an existing booking 

I too  have been repeatedly told by P&O that No we cannot use fcc on existing bookings  however over the past month it has come to light that P&O will and do bend the rules for some people (normally those on the higher end of the Peninsular club) for various things 

And it has very  recently come to light that 4 people so far ive read  about HAVE been allowed to use FCC on their existing bookings .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I agree. Let’s hope that you don’t get vilified for expressing what is essentially a very reasonable opinion (but I wouldn’t bet on it 😀)

No vilification meant from me. 

We just have different outlooks on what the future holds. 

I have no idea if I'm right, just expressing my thoughts, like you are yours. 

Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't meant. 

Andy 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

This is my feelings to If you are treated well by a company then you stick by them and remember that in the future, P&O however have not treated Us in my opinion fairly in the last few months , We too will take cash over another fcc if we cant transfer it to an existing booking 

I too  have been repeatedly told by P&O that No we cannot use fcc on existing bookings  however over the past month it has come to light that P&O will and do bend the rules for some people (normally those on the higher end of the Peninsular club) for various things 

And it has very  recently come to light that 4 people so far ive read  about HAVE been allowed to use FCC on their existing bookings .

I agree. I don't know anyone that has been allowed to use FCC on an existing booking but I do think it would be a good move on their part.

11 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

I agree. I don't know anyone that has been allowed to use FCC on an existing booking but I do think it would be a good move on their part.

im on quite a few Forums with Face book and  although I dont know them personally some cruisers have confirmed that they have been allowed to 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

im on quite a few Forums with Face book and  although I dont know them personally some cruisers have confirmed that they have been allowed to 

Do you know if they had booked direct or through a TA?

Interesting though as I have asked my TA over a week ago to see if they will transfer it but they haven't asked yet.

1 hour ago, dgs1956 said:

There are some posters on that flannel site saying they have managed to use their FCC on existing bookings, without losing their deposits, how accurate they are I don't know.

• Like 1

I have 10 future cruises booked, and cannot move my FCC to any of them. I will be hundreds of pounds out of pocket. 

I know hundreds of people a day are dying slow, lonely deaths, millions of people are facing economic uncertainty, and no one can visit their loved ones. But my £500 is much more important - I will be writing to my MP  tomorrow to demand action.   Don't they know who I am?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I have 10 future cruises booked, and cannot move my FCC to any of them. I will be hundreds of pounds out of pocket. 

I know hundreds of people a day are dying slow, lonely deaths, millions of people are facing economic uncertainty, and no one can visit their loved ones. But my £500 is much more important - I will be writing to my MP  tomorrow to demand action.   Don't they know who I am?

What a silly post. Are we not allowed to have a discussion about our money? it doesn't mean we are totally unconcerned about what is happening.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

What a silly post. Are we not allowed to have a discussion about our money? it doesn't mean we are totally unconcerned about what is happening.

It means we need to have a sense of perspective.  

At times this forum seems to forget the realities of the outside world.  We complain about Inflexibility,  unfair t&c's,  lack of loyalty to previous customers, etc, but we are lucky to have the money to be able to afford these holidays in the first place.

Just my personal opinion, but when there is so much pain and hardship out there at the moment, all this whinging about FCCs seems somewhat insensitive. OVMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just my personal opinion, but when there is so much pain and hardship out there at the moment, all this whinging about FCCs seems somewhat insensitive. OVMV.

You’ve come on a thread about cancelled cruises and are amazed it’s full of people discussing cancelled cruises?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Whilst I appreciate that under normal circumstances the law of the land should stand, these are not normal times. 

Loyalty counts for nothing,  if your business goes bust because you are haemorrhaging cash due to obeying the t&c's.

As a consumer, winning a battle is useless,  if you then lose the war.

Our kitchen was being renovated prior to the lock down  - it is 75% finished but perfectly useable  - am I going to demand a repayment of  a substantial part of my advance payment because it is not completed? Of course not,hence my earlier post about adopting a more pragmatic approach  

I’m in the same position, kitchen can be used but looks a bit of a mess as walls bare and it’s not a new house! Also built in fridge and freezer didn’t come, to be delivered in a month apparently!  my husband was going to do the tiling, put down the flooring. He’s got the weekend off this weekend, would have been perfect time to get on with the tiling, but of course we can’t buy any!!

Edited by P&O SUE

For these huge enterprises this should not be a problem. They will conduct those cruises no matter what. No, I mean of course they will take a little break but it wont be too long. Money wont be made by themselves. In any case, as far as I am concerned, there like 2 or 3 bug cruising companies that are going to start cruising this May. And its totally ok in my opinion. In the end, people make a choice themselves to go or not to go on a cruise

8 hours ago, dgs1956 said:

Do you know if they had booked direct or through a TA?

Interesting though as I have asked my TA over a week ago to see if they will transfer it but they haven't asked yet.

The ones who claimed they did were direct with P&O (we have booked all of ours with TA) Ive repeatedly asked P&O to consider allowing us to us our FCC on one of our existing bookings but they just keep saying no to us , 

A suggestion was made to tell P&O that you want to cancel your other cruises then "they on an individual basis" might relent and allow it. We have no choice but to cancel at least one  that we do have simply because we cant book a NEW one we have no holiday left from work for the next 2 years . Not doing anything yet though as I would expect our Late May and Early July cruises to be cancelled by P&O 

• Like 1