Status of CC Refund for April 1st Cruise on Splendor

On 3/27/2020 at 12:52 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Just heard from "our" TA that an announcement from Regent will be forthcoming today or Monday.  Not sure if it will will be for April/May or will go beyond that.

Hi Tc2,

Would you share your TA?  Our TA just retired last month.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and I cancelled our September 2020 cruises on April 1 under the normal cancellation policies. He received his refund within 2 days, I'm still waiting. I also noticed that in my Regent online profile, my previous cruise on Regent (a few years ago) no longer shows up, so it gives the appearance that I have never sailed on Regent and I'm concerned that when I book my next cruise that I won't get the previous cruiser discount. My TA did call Regent about this and their response was "don't worry about it, it's there". If it's there then I should be able to see it in my profile, don't you think?

I should have stressed that the thread I referenced above is seeking reports on refunds from Regent-cancelled cruises with their stated 90 days to process.  It appears from several posts that refunds of deposits for passenger cancelled cruises are proceeding quickly.

53 minutes ago, Portolan said:

I should have stressed that the thread I referenced above is seeking reports on refunds from Regent-cancelled cruises with their stated 90 days to process.  It appears from several posts that refunds of deposits for passenger cancelled cruises are proceeding quickly.

Regent has been doing refunds of deposits for as long as it has existed, so I suspect it has a largely-automated system to handle that. Mass, full refunds of full cruise payments would not be in such a system, so either must be done manually or they must stand up new programming to handle it. Either way, it takes time.

And, yes, I will acknowledge that they also need the cash on hand to maintain operations, at least until new financing comes through.

4 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

. I also noticed that in my Regent online profile, my previous cruise on Regent (a few years ago) no longer shows up, so it gives the appearance that I have never sailed on Regent and I'm concerned that when I book my next cruise that I won't get the previous cruiser discount. My TA did call Regent about this and their response was "don't worry about it, it's there". If it's there then I should be able to see it in my profile, don't you think?

My profile has been reading 7 nights since January! I have well over 150 nights(gold). My husband’s is correct. When I phoned them long before the virus affected everything, they assured me that it was a glitch, still there and would be fixed within a month. 
Obviously, it still has not been fixed. However, when I received our documents for our March 14th Cruise (boo-hoo),  as well as new cruise invoice, it showed my gold status.

Don't worry...

sheila