Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MikeBTN

Any CAS-booked sailings receive their FCC email yet?

Recommended Posts

Every post I’ve seen from CAS members say they’re still waiting. I am too......my in-laws on the same sailing who were not booked through CAS have received theirs.  I’m ready to book the next one......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike - I was booked on the Gem 4/11 sailing via CAS. Have not received any information about the FCC, just simply the generic email that everyone got that my cruise was canceled. I opted to take the cash refund versus the FCC, and filled out the form for that on Monday. Received a generic confirmation email afterwards, but my reservation is still showing as Booked/Active under my accout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cancelled April 5th Encore was a  CAS comped cruise.   I haven't received my FCC email yet. 

Also, my two Cruise Next deposits have not yet been returned to my account.    As they make up the majority of my paid cruise, I am anxious to get them back so that I can use them to re-book.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RHilla619 said:

Mike - I was booked on the Gem 4/11 sailing via CAS. Have not received any information about the FCC, just simply the generic email that everyone got that my cruise was canceled. I opted to take the cash refund versus the FCC, and filled out the form for that on Monday. Received a generic confirmation email afterwards, but my reservation is still showing as Booked/Active under my accout.

 

Exact same scenario here for my 3/29 Encore comped cruise. Had about 850 tied up in fees, excursions, all of that stuff. Filled out the refund form on the 23rd. Everything is still active as far as the reservation looks. Someone said when you notice the extras disappear from your summary, then the refund process has begun. But you hear a lot of stuff. Not too worried, everything is documented. I know they have to be in chaos there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were set to sail on the Breakaway 3/21 booked through CAS. We took FCC and rebooked the Escape for 1/2/21. Our reservation is still on hold as we haven't received the FCC yet. 

Edited by Irishgirl39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

NO! And I’m super annoyed by it. I was sitting in a hotel in Miami 2 days out from my March 15 cruise on Pearl when the cruise was canceled. I emailed the casino dept specifically about my FCC. She told me I get 125%... wrong! Then went on to say the bonus cruise credit was $42?!?! I figured out she added my admin fee and cabin upgrade together and took 25% of that to come up with $42. Ugh... my bonus should be just over $350.  
 

Forgot to mention that I’ve been told I must rebook by April 3... looks at calendar... 

Edited by Heather1972

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a CAS cruise for Sept this year. I’m keeping my figures crossed. Good luck everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heather1972 said:

.....Forgot to mention that I’ve been told I must rebook by April 3... looks at calendar... 

That's my concern.   They have dates that are optimal for us to re-book by, yet we can't yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cabincop said:

I have a CAS cruise for Sept this year. I’m keeping my figures crossed. Good luck everyone 

September sounds possible to me.   Just have to keep an eye on those embarkation port cities.  

I am also planning  for our October CAS cruise on the Joy🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you heard about your CAS booked cancelled sailings yet?   

We are still waiting for ours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled my March 22nd cruise on March 13th, and don’t see a date that I have to rebook by.  Just says that the FCC is good for one year from the cancellation date.  My Cruise Next and FCC (less than $100) are posted in my account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 10:05 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Have any of you heard about your CAS booked cancelled sailings yet?   

We are still waiting for ours. 


Same here. I’m calling them tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MikeBTN said:


Same here. I’m calling them tomorrow

Are you calling directly to CAS?   

 

We haven't received anything yet.  Please let us know what they tell you.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, Sand and Seas said:

My cancelled April 5th Encore was a  CAS comped cruise.   I haven't received my FCC email yet. 

Also, my two Cruise Next deposits have not yet been returned to my account.    As they make up the majority of my paid cruise, I am anxious to get them back so that I can use them to re-book.

 

im assuming they wont do the actual cancellations till after your sail date.

 

my comped cruise was on 4/9.

2 CN certs, and $80 out of pocket.

from what i read, i get the 2 CN back into my acct, and should have $100 in FCC.

 

not really that worried about the 2 CN certs being in my acct in time before i book my next cruise.

i have retroactively applied them and got $500 refunded on my credit card. 

Edited by fstuff1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

im assuming they wont do the actual cancellations till after your sail date.

 

my comped cruise was on 4/9.

2 CN certs, and $80 out of pocket.

from what i read, i get the 2 CN back into my acct, and should have $100 in FCC.

 

not really that worried about the 2 CN certs being in my acct in time before i book my next cruise.

i have retroactively applied them and got $500 refunded on my credit card. 


I was due to sail 3/15......still waiting. I also used 2 FCC deposits plus won a Haven bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So question...first time dealing with FCC. I know the insurance is not included, but what about the admin fee? I want to rebook. Would I have to pay that again if I rebook and it’s not included with the FCC? What would I get in FCC? 

C2CFD396-BDD6-48C5-8ABC-2B969E4087F0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, backtodavis said:

So question...first time dealing with FCC. I know the insurance is not included, but what about the admin fee? I want to rebook. Would I have to pay that again if I rebook and it’s not included with the FCC? What would I get in FCC? 

C2CFD396-BDD6-48C5-8ABC-2B969E4087F0.png

 

Your FCC base on this is: $957.46 - $70.00 = $887.46

I do not know if you cancelled the cruise yourself with the peace of mind policy or NCL cancelled your cruise.

If you cancelled the cruise yourself - you wont get the extra FCC.

If NCL cancelled your cruise, you would get either the extra 150% or the 125% FCC - this depends on the date of your cruise. 

Along with other things.

 

NCL will email you (all guests listed on the cruise) the FCC and later on FCC will show up in your myNCL account.

 

As for the Admin Fees - yes you would need to pay it again and it would be a different amount when you re-book another CAS cruise.

 

Someone mentioned that you do not need to pay a deposit for the new booking.

Or you can wait for the FCC to show up in your account to then decide to use it to pay for the new booking.

 

Edited by poohdreaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new sailings just cancelled (4/12/20 -- 5/10/20) will now be including any travel protection purchased. It is to my understanding that the previously cancelled from 3/14-4/11 will not. Please correct me if I am wrong, if anyone knows for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

The new sailings just cancelled (4/12/20 -- 5/10/20) will now be including any travel protection purchased. It is to my understanding that the previously cancelled from 3/14-4/11 will not. Please correct me if I am wrong, if anyone knows for sure. 

If you canceled your reservation under our Peace of Mind policy and you had purchased our Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan you will receive an additional future cruise credit, worth the value of your travel protection plan. This future cruise credit is valid for one year from issued date and applicable towards all published sailings through December 31, 2022.


If your reservation was canceled as part of the suspended sailings from March 13, 2020 - April 11, 2020, and you had purchased our Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan, you will receive a future cruise credit worth the value of your travel protection plan. This future cruise credit is valid for one year from issued date and applicable towards all published sailings through the December 31, 2022.


These future cruise credits will be available by April 10, 2020.
 

I canceled my cruise on March 11th under the Peace of Mind program, so according to this, I will be refunded the travel protection in an FCC.

Edited by luvcruzing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, poohdreaming said:

Just got an email from NCL - the email said insurance will be in FCC if you purchased the NCL book safe standard or the platinum plan.

 

TP FCC LETTER.pdf 56.02 kB · 11 downloads

Were you on a CAS comped cruise?

 

We still haven't received any emails from NCL for our cancelled 4/5 cruise.  I'm glad to see this email, but why aren't they sending it to all of us?

Others on my cruise booked through other channels have already received their FCC email and Cruise Next Deposits back.  Our booking was through CAS and we haven't received any FCC emails plus still waiting for our CN deposits to show up on MYNCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told by Jeff in the Casino Department (Arizona) to look for my FCC today. Yeah, not holding my breath.  My 3/15 cruise was canceled by NCL, not me, so I'm expecting 150% on the full amount paid (myvegas offer).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Were you on a CAS comped cruise?

 

We still haven't received any emails from NCL for our cancelled 4/5 cruise.  I'm glad to see this email, but why aren't they sending it to all of us?

Others on my cruise booked through other channels have already received their FCC email and Cruise Next Deposits back.  Our booking was through CAS and we haven't received any FCC emails plus still waiting for our CN deposits to show up on MYNCL.

 

Yes, a CAS comped cruise but I cancelled the cruise under the Peace of Mind Policy.

NCL also refunded the dining serv gratuity back to my credit card before I call to cancel and before they cancel the cruise.

I was surprised of this small refund.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

I was told by Jeff in the Casino Department (Arizona) to look for my FCC today. Yeah, not holding my breath.  My 3/15 cruise was canceled by NCL, not me, so I'm expecting 150% on the full amount paid (myvegas offer).  

NCL seems to be working on other groups before getting to us that booked through CAS.

I imagine the CAS agents are having an easy time waiting either. 

 

And still waiting.....

Edited by Sand and Seas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my FCC's for my cancelled voyages (Cancelled by Norwegian... not Peace of Mind). It's the total paid plus 25%. Was correct down the the penny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...