Celebrity Cancelled our April cruise: Why would you not take the 125% FCC if it can be converted to a Refund later?

FunInTheSun9

Had I been booked, I would have taken cash back. 

As for having been booked, I was close before the poop hit the fan to booking a TA, which then was going to be a Disney weekend cruise with my wife instead of a solo TA, then I had as things were falling apart to do a weekend out of Galveston...and before I could book anything shutdowns were happening everywhere. Had I booked the weekend in Galveston I'd have been one of the last ships back to port after the shutdown and probably would have been nervous the entire time about getting infected unknowingly. 

As for refund, given all the constraints we have on our time with other things, there is no guarantee when I could cruise again so the refund would be simple.   Also, it lingers that a bankruptcy could result in lost deposits although I think if the company believes they will have to file bankruptcy they will try to work with creditors ahead of a filing to keep operations as normal as possible during the court process. Thus, deposited cruises might not suffer, but stockholders might see their investment vanish. I am sure a bankruptcy will change the lines up some, but I suspect most would continue to operate since most are profitable without a dump of additional debt.

For us we had a 25 day TA and Med B2B cruise scheduled to start Apr 25 cancelled and for us we took the 125% FCC plus the 125% OBC for our prepaid excursions refund. The main reason being we have another B2B booked for Apr 2021 and plan on using the FCC and OBC on those 2 cruises. If we wind up having leftover FCC after paying for those 2 cruises, we'll apply it to our Oct 2021 TA.