Ugh. Depressing

We would have been leaving to head to PR in 24 days but NOOOOOO.  Some guy in China had to play with a bat.  Thanks guy, we all appreciate it. 

Are you rebooked?  We rebooked immediately on a late August cruise doing the same itinerary and everything.  We even got an upgrade to a jr. suite for the same price we paid for the original booking.  Now I just sit and wait on my credit from cruise planner.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have been wearing this bracelet since I last visited St. Thomas in December as a happy reminder of how lucky I’ve been to cruise. Now it’s taken on a new meaning, a reminder of our friends in the Caribbean who were still recovering from the hurricanes when this shutdown began. I can’t even imagine how tough this is on them as we all wait this out but ever hopeful that this too will pass.

678ECDE5-64F1-4304-B0CA-E36EE62A08B2.jpeg

Edited by Pratique

52 minutes ago, Dadof2kids said:

Was supposed to leave for Florida Saturday to get on the Mariner on Monday.  We should be packing now. Stay safe everyone 

We're supposed to be on a plane right now flying to San Juan for a B2B cruise starting 28 March. 🤬🍻

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Ok...here is my "ugh"...

adventure of the seas . April 19th

Got a sweet deal on a junior suite...

Should have walk off ship DIAMOND PLUS, 11 points needed would have received 12....grrrrrrr

STAY SAFE ALL

Edited by Scoobydobe7

We were supposed to be on Freedom 4/12.  Totally bummed.  At least I have one of our 18 booked cruises to look forward to.  We are supposed to go to Punta Cana 5/14 for 10 nights, and SOOOOO hoping that does not get canceled.

• Like 1

I know...this is all so hard and depressing. We were on the first wave of cancellations.  I had started packing (a pile for me, and pile each for our kids) but then just halted.  Even after we/Royal cancelled I had the clothes sitting there for a week before "unpacking" ... or putting stuff back in our closets.  Lost the cheap drink package, great cruise price (booked 2 years earlier) and the excitement.  And then when our cruise date hit, I kept thinking "we should be doing x now...".  Really disappointing. 

We have August but I have doubts if that one will go ahead.

We re-booked the same cruise we lost for December....so that helps.  But of course, it's that much more $ , excursions esp CoCo Cay are crazy $$$ and we won't be purchasing the water park at current price, (never mind about the flight cost once we book if things look like they are a go), and xmas time will be super busy with even more kids making long lines.  But...all I can ask for now is that this one is a go. 

Trying to stay positive though and focusing on the next cruise and things eventually going back.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 2

I feel ya! I should be packing today, leaving tomorrow at 7am on a flight to Miami, then boarding Symphony on Saturday. I know there are "bigger problems" to be had, but it's difficult not to feel bummed about something we were looking forward to. One thing is for sure, it will be one hell of a celebration once life resumes to normal again.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Ok...here is my "ugh"...

adventure of the seas . April 19th

Got a sweet deal on a junior suite...

Should have walk off ship DIAMOND PLUS, 11 points needed would have received 12....grrrrrrr

STAY SAFE ALL

We were going to be diamond plus after this one as well.  It hurts 

Glad our 5/2/20 TA got cancelled as we are in the Philippines,  scheduled to fly Manila to JFK on 4/21/20, but no public transportation here we are 8 hours by bus from the airport.  Hoping our 5/17/20 Baltics cruise is also cancelled, would not attempt to fly into Amsterdam at that time.  We are on lockdown here in the boondocks, each week given 11 pounds of white rice, 3 six ounce cans of sardines and 3 single serving packs of noodles.  Lucky for us we have plenty of other food, but cruising is far down the list of current concerns as thousands of Filipino maritime workers return home to an uncertain future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I know...this is all so hard and depressing. We were on the first wave of cancellations.  I had started packing (a pile for me, and pile each for our kids) but then just halted.  Even after we/Royal cancelled I had the clothes sitting there for a week before "unpacking" ... or putting stuff back in our closets.  Lost the cheap drink package, great cruise price (booked 2 years earlier) and the excitement.  And then when our cruise date hit, I kept thinking "we should be doing x now...".  Really disappointing. 

I'd started packing for my April 19 cruise on Freedom. I finally unpacked it all when Royal officially extended their suspension of cruising, but I'd accepted it wouldn't happen well before that. It was very heartbreaking putting it all away. Even more heartbreaking cancelling my cruise planner purchases, which I'd done a few days before the cruise was cancelled. It'll be hard when April 19 comes and picturing what I should have been doing 😔

• Like 1

Thank you Dadof2kids...I appreciate this thread to quite simply just whine and complain In writing.  I’ve been doing silently or to my immediate family but this is somehow more therapeutic since so many of us are in the same position 

we would be getting ready for and leaving 2 weeks from today to head to Miami for April 11 Symphony.  First cruise since Aug 2018 (we’ve done other vacations) and was sooo looking forward to getting on the newest ship of the Oasis class.   

Here’s to hoping that July or August may be a go but the pessimist in me makes it hard to believe it.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

I should of gone to opening day, O's vs NYY today.  First opening day I've missed in 20+ years.   We all have a long way to go.

You didn't miss opening day yet, just don't know when it will be.  You will have a chance to miss it later.

1 hour ago, tropiclvrs said:

Here’s to hoping that July or August may be a go but the pessimist in me makes it hard to believe it.   

I agree with your thoughts.  USA is now the world’s COVID-19 epicentre surpassing China and Italy. Personally we won’t cruise again until there is a vaccine.

In our local health area (Hunter, NSW, Australia)  69 of 124, over 50% of positive cases have come from cruising.  The remaining, excepting 5 cases under current investigation, are from overseas (including returning Aussies).

Stay home, stay safe and keep healthy. We all will enjoy cruising again when it’s safe to do so. 

Edited by megsie

The nice thing about this thread is it helps remind those who read it that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in this entire world who had anything to miss, is missing it. 

My daughter is a senior In high school and she keeps reminding me of all the things she’s missing. And every time she mentions something, I remind her that every senior in every part of this world is missing the same thing. When she’s bummed she’s missing her last track season, I remind her of all the Olympic and professional athletes who are missing their seasons too. When she thinks about missing her graduation, I remind her that every single senior in high school and in college is missing their graduation this year too.

It helps to realize that even though we’re bummed about what we’re missing, it’s not one of those times when we’re having to envision all the other people sailing away on that ship we’re supposed to be on, because nobody is on that ship, and everyone is missing that same vacation. Everybody. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 8

I know we should all count our blessings that we are even afforded the luxury to whine about missing a cruise, as there are harder suffrages among us.  But oddly, this thread does make one feel better that there are others who are equally disappointed.

To add my two grapes to the whine, I was trying to stay positive about May as world events were unfolding in February and March. As each day became more apparent that things were not looking good, I began feeling the dread of the inevitable. I knew we were done when the bomb dropped on restricting seniors. Ugh!!  Then the next day came the first wave of suspension. Ugh!! Ugh!! It was only a matter of time until May trips fell....   

So I'm beginning to prepare for the blow, sitting around last Saturday morning reading boards, looking at webcams, and trying to process the feelings of losing our trip, when what do I find in the email? Royal has sent our cruise docs?  What?!?!?!  What should of been a happy doc dance was like a punch in the gut. Why bother sending them?  And this early?  Never have May docs come this early to begin with. What a tease!  A mere three days later, the bomb dropped on May suspensions.

Yes, there's refunds and yada yada.  But months (years) of wasted preparation, planning, and anticipation for a milestone trip is heart wrenching. Like others have previously noted, it's an once-in-a-lifetime occasion that you'll never get back.  Do-overs are just not the same as the actual event. 

For what it's worth, we booked the same trip for next year.  But it's hard to be excited for fear that by next year, something else will take all the joy away.   I'm glad you all are here to empathise.  Whine over.  Pass the cheese.  

• Like 2