April Promo is 60% off second guest

1 minute ago, MoniMommy said:

If I had the choice of all cash of FCC. There is no way I would take FCC. Who is to stay the company won't go bankrupt and make FCC worthless or raise prices to compensate for the FCC.  Just better to have cash to do with what you want. What should RCL decide who gets what FCC allocation. Take the cash and run!

That’s why they are offering everyone that is offered a cash refund the option of a 125% FCC...to entice them not to take the cash. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s why they are offering everyone that is offered a cash refund the option of a 125% FCC...to entice them not to take the cash. 

Buts it's not that enticing if the credit is not split up to benefit the customers. Imagine a 4 way split of 125% if you booked with KSF and want to book another KSF then you would actually loose money. Or if one person in the group no longer wishes or cant cruise because of work (or lack if work). If I paid for everyone and 1 person cant or doesn't want to cruise I loose out. That's why with flexibility in how the FCC is divided, it's not as valuable as cash even with the 125%. Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Buts it's not that enticing if the credit is not split up to benefit the customers. Imagine a 4 way split of 125% if you booked with KSF and want to book another KSF then you would actually loose money. Or if one person in the group no longer wishes or cant cruise because of work (or lack if work). If I paid for everyone and 1 person cant or doesn't want to cruise I loose out. That's why with flexibility in how the FCC is divided, it's not as valuable as cash even with the 125%. Just my humble opinion.

No arguements on this. It will definitely impact people sailing under KSF.  For some it works, my $4000 turned into $5000 but it certainly doesn't work for everyone.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, LMaxwell said:

Same Situation.  Royal knows this and is the exact reason they are playing this game.  They know we either have to lose the FCC or pay significantly more to use it as a discount.  

Since Royal's position is "It makes no difference" they should refund the same proportion as paid, but we ALL know this is another marketing 3 card game.  

Royal Caribbean is purposely trying to get over on families and loyal customers 

No surprise there.  I'm getting a real education on FCC's reading all of these posts. I never book non refundable and  I never will unless booking a last minute deal after final payment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoniMommy said:

They know that most won't stop to think it through, especially those who don't follow CC and really don't have a clue how this works. They just look at it as getting more.  I'm active on CC since 2008 and the FCC rules are new to me. I would have never thought about how they are credited and how they would apply to a future cruise.

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

They know that most won't stop to think it through, especially those who don't follow CC and really don't have a clue how this works. They just look at it as getting more.  I'm active on CC since 2008 and the FCC rules are new to me. I would have never thought about how they are credited and how they would apply to a future cruise.

I'll tell you what I have learned about FCCs. I have learned that I would much rather have my money in my bank account than in RCI's bank account. That way it gets distributed according to MY rules.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's true. One would think it applies to the cabin or reservation and not per person. When/if cruises resume there will be lots of frustrated and confused people. What do you mean I cant apply my kids FCC to the cabin with Kids sail free? Yes, I see frustration in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, MoniMommy said:

That's true. One would think it applies to the cabin or reservation and not per person. When/if cruises resume there will be lots of frustrated and confused people. What do you mean I cant apply my kids FCC to the cabin with Kids sail free? Yes, I see frustration in the future.

Exactly!

30 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

There are sure to be a lot of new first time posters as this is the first place they find and come to complain.  

Edited by Iamcruzin

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll tell you what I have learned about FCCs. I have learned that I would much rather have my money in my bank account than in RCI's bank account. That way it gets distributed according to MY rules.

I couldn't agree more. 

On 3/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, SandiLynn said:

Exactly why I want my money back, so I can use it for next cruise my way not theirs. 

Exactly, It's my money and I will spend it how I want and on any cruise line or other vacation I want. When they start adding all these stipulations it's time to get 100% cash refund and decide myself how to use it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So here’s my random thought for the moment and I don’t know the answer but I will ask tomorrow.

This only applies to the FCC’s from cancelled cruises where people have the option of the 125% FCC or Refund

Each  FCC is issued separately.  You have until Dec 31, 2021 to either use the zFCC or request the refund.  Since they are issued separately could you theoretically use the parents FCC’s but then ask for the refund on the kids FCC’s that were never used or would using one FCC eliminate the possibility for a refund on the others.

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

No surprise there.  I'm getting a real education on FCC's reading all of these posts. I never book non refundable and  I never will unless booking a last minute deal after final payment.

You have to book non-refundable if you book a full suite. We booked a Grand Suite for our retirement cruise on Nov. 1 out of Barcelona. Flying Norwegian airline. I am slowly, but surely losing enthusiasm for the whole trip. :classic_huh: 

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

You have to book non-refundable if you book a full suite. We booked a Grand Suite for our retirement cruise on Nov. 1 out of Barcelona. Flying Norwegian airline. I am slowly, but surely losing enthusiasm for the whole trip. :classic_huh: 

Well that will never be an issue for me. A suite is never even a consideration.

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So here’s my random thought for the moment and I don’t know the answer but I will ask tomorrow.

This only applies to the FCC’s from cancelled cruises where people have the option of the 125% FCC or Refund

Each  FCC is issued separately.  You have until Dec 31, 2021 to either use the zFCC or request the refund.  Since they are issued separately could you theoretically use the parents FCC’s but then ask for the refund on the kids FCC’s that were never used or would using one FCC eliminate the possibility for a refund on the others.

If you have 2 people in a cabin, can you take the 125% FCC for one guest and the cash refund for the other? If they're going to issue the FCCs separately, then you should be able to decide separately whether to take the refund or the credit. 

16 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

If you have 2 people in a cabin, can you take the 125% FCC for one guest and the cash refund for the other? If they're going to issue the FCCs separately, then you should be able to decide separately whether to take the refund or the credit. 

Unfortunately no.  Each person on the reservation must take the same offer.

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I asked about this today and it cant be done.

Once the first FCC is applied to a cruise all other FCC's from that reservation will no longer be eligible for a refund.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately no.  Each person on the reservation must take the same offer.

That's fairly annoying. If that is the case, then you should be able to pool those to book a cabin if they stagger the rates (60% off second guest) as well. Royal trying to have their cake and eat it too in this respect is going to result in a lot more refund requests than they would have gotten otherwise. Seems short-sighted to me. 

Edited by Evilgrin72

2 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

That's fairly annoying. If that is the case, then you should be able to pool those to book a cabin if they stagger the rates (60% off second guest) as well. Royal trying to have their cake and eat it too in this respect is going to result in a lot more refund requests than they would have gotten otherwise. Seems short-sighted to me. 

They are counting on most people not knowing how it work. It's been stated many times that this forum is 1% of cruisers. So most wont know until that wonder 125% FCC  isn't worth as much as they though when they try to use it.  

13 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

The rep that I talked to this morning indicated that they will review the allocation of FCC on a case by case basis for those that are finding an imbalance.  I asked this in reference to KSF.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The rep that I talked to this morning indicated that they will review the allocation of OBC on a case by case basis for those that are finding an imbalance.  I asked this in reference to KSF.

What's the relationship between OBC and kids sail free? Thanks for your insight.

Edited by MoniMommy