20% Off Deal

JamieLogical

1 minute ago, GettotheSun said:

Interesting - just received email from NCL saying that I'll now be given FCC for the travel protection I bought from NCL!  (that was formerly not included in the FCC 'refund').  I'll take it!

"After receiving your feedback and to display our commitment to delivering exceptional experiences at sea along with our partnership with AON and Nationwide, we will be making changes as it pertains to the travel protection component of the offers we presented to affected guests.

If you canceled your reservation under our Peace of Mind policy and you had purchased our Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan you will receive an additional future cruise credit, worth the value of your travel protection plan. This future cruise credit is valid for one year from issued date and applicable towards all published sailings through December 31, 2022."

I just posted a thread about this. 

13 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Oops sorry...didn't see that one.  Cute picture of your dog! 

Hey, no worries. I wasn't sure if anyone else had rec'd the email of it I was just so SPECIAL, lol.  

My dog, Sadie, was a whippet... sweetest girl, well trained.  

• Like 1

My cruise has not been cancelled yet (May 17 Alaska). But there's a cruise I've been watching- Hawaii-Tahiti in October for possible FCC if I cancel. Was playing around with it this morning and, wonder of wonders, the category I'd like went from $5K to $6k since last week! So if I had received the 20% deal it would be for naught. FCC if I cancel is worth 20% less than last week.

Somebody is blowing smoke up our arses for resources.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

My dog, Sadie, was a whippet... sweetest girl, well trained.  

Your dog Sadie is an angel. I'll bet she was the best doggie you ever had.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2

Well, my Duke, mixed breed border collie/german shepherd, smart as a whip(pet) ... he was my strong man... broke a leash, apparently 200lb strength at the splice, in order to save my youngest son from a bully who was beating on him.  My hero, always. Pretty sure he could have dragged me across the road at the time. 😉

• Like 1

Yesterday I booked the Breakaway out of NOLA for March 2021using FCC.  It worked well.  They took the original cruise fare (before any current promotions) and first deducted the extra 25% FCC for both my wife and I (wife's was slightly less), then subtotaled and deducted the current 30% promotion they are running for anyone, along with the additional 20% discount that cancelled cruisers get if they book before April 10, subtotal, then add any taxes, fees, promo gratuities, and that becomes the gross fare.  Then subtract the 100% portion of the FCC.  We had a little less than $500 of FCC left over.  I used some to prepay gratuities, and for the unlimited streaming internet.  Still have plenty leftover.  We booked the exact same cruise, the same week, but next year.  Same Spa Mini-suite (actually got the exact same cabin #, but it is on the Breakaway instead of the Getaway.

The deal isn't perfect, but its reasonably close to fair.  Stuff happens, and you have to roll with it.

We rebooked a European cruise - Iceland and Norway,and everything we paid was transferred to our new cruise. all the percentages were spot on,and what surprised me was that the $500 (2 CruiseNext certs) was applied as $250+25% (each) It hadn’t occurred to me that the certificates would lend themselves to an increase in value. My new cruise also got us $150 in OBC.

My only snag now is that I used my NCL mastercard World Points to upgrade my cabin category and those points have yet to be redeposited to my account. Usual verbiage is that cancellations result in loss points, but PCC said she had spoken to them and cruise line cancelling will redeposit points.

I know it is early and they are deluged with calls so I am biding my time as my new cruise isn’t until June of 21

76 past cruises

Upcoming:

NCL Getaway 3/29/2020 - NCL cancelled

NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021

CCL Dream 5/16/2021

NCL Star 6/27/2021

So I went ahead and booked two cruises using FCC to take advantage of the promo.   First is December over New Years,  second in March for CDN school break.

I have to say, based on my fake bookings and neurotic obsession over the past few days,  I think lots of cabins are being snatched up, particularly in the Haven...at least the cruises I was looking at which arguably are very popular.

Honestly, I was doing a fake booking last night on the Joy for March Break and there were 3 Aft Haven rooms available.  I think I got the last one today when I called my NCL guy this evening...yikes, inflated demand.

Edited by GettotheSun

For those of us who received FCC for canceled cruises, they are running a "deal" for 20% off on sailings July 2020 through December 2022 "when you use your future cruise credit." Does anyone know if you actually have to APPLY your future cruise credit towards payment at the time of booking or if you can just book with a normal deposit or CruiseNext and can hold off on actually applying the FCC until final payment?

Our cruise for May got cancelled yesterday. Today I contacted our TA and booked a cruise for Jan 2021. We HAVE to pay the $1500 deposit because the credit from the May cruise won’t be deposited into our account till probably Friday and it has to be paid to hold the cabin. In our case, the credit will pay for the cruise, so we will get the $1500 refunded

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 3/27/2020 at 6:16 AM, JamieLogical said:

For those of us who received FCC for canceled cruises, they are running a "deal" for 20% off on sailings July 2020 through December 2022 "when you use your future cruise credit." Does anyone know if you actually have to APPLY your future cruise credit towards payment at the time of booking or if you can just book with a normal deposit or CruiseNext and can hold off on actually applying the FCC until final payment?

I booked through a TA this afternoon and used 2 CN certificates.  I told her to apply the FCC as well, but at the moment, the FCC is still in my account but the cruise is booked and the CNs are gone.  So it looks like you can book, no idea how long you can wait to pay.  It didn't even occur to me to wait, although when my TA asked if I wanted to pay in full (I'll still have to pay a little), I said no - meaning nothing above the FCC but she may have taken my answer differently.  Maybe she didn't apply it - I won't know until I get an invoice is a couple of days.

17 hours ago, Petoonya said:

... the category I'd like went from $5K to $6k since last week! So if I had received the 20% deal it would be for naught. FCC if I cancel is worth 20% less than last week.

Even I can handle that math. The raised the price of the cruise 20% at the same time they offered 20% off. I'm shocked. Shocked! They really do think we're stupid. And they may be right in a few cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waquoit said:

Even I can handle that math. The raised the price of the cruise 20% at the same time they offered 20% off. I'm shocked. Shocked! They really do think we're stupid. And they may be right in a few cases.

It's no different from what they've been doing for a long time but it the moment when the world is in crisis and people in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and many others have no idea where their next meal is coming from, NCL looking out for their corporate bottom line is amoral. They can go under as far as I care,

7 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

It's no different from what they've been doing for a long time but it the moment when the world is in crisis and people in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and many others have no idea where their next meal is coming from, NCL looking out for their corporate bottom line is amoral. They can go under as far as I care,

Many people in those countries have been in that condition forever.  Not sure what that has to do with NCL online sales, bookings or refund processes.

Edited by ColeThornton

7 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Many people in those countries have been in that condition forever.  Not sure what that has to do with NCL online sales, bookings or refund processes.

Maybe these countries have people who are, for instance street vendors, NOW having no way of supporting themselves with shelter-in-place. We're fortunate to have first world problems with savings, IRA's and other assets. Have a heart. The world who'll never travel outside their countries borders are in a hell of a fix. They'll starve. Many of us gladly would give our refunds/FCC's to help those less unfortunate.

10 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Maybe these countries have people who are, for instance street vendors, NOW having no way of supporting themselves with shelter-in-place. We're fortunate to have first world problems with savings, IRA's and other assets. Have a heart. The world who'll never travel outside their countries borders are in a hell of a fix. They'll starve. Many of us gladly would give our refunds/FCC's to help those less unfortunate.

Which of those countries are in quarantine?  Mexico and central American countries have had very few cases and deaths from COVID.  Many people in the U.S. don't have savings, IRA'S and other assets.  Unemployment is at crazy levels. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about everyone.

I will absolutely agree with you about the whole cruising and first world problems.

Edited by ColeThornton

20 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Which of those countries are in quarantine?  Mexico and central American countries have had very few cases and deaths from COVID.  Many people in the U.S. don't have savings, IRA'S and other assets.  Unemployment is at crazy levels. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about everyone.

I will absolutely agree with you about the whole cruising and first world problems.

Here you go sweetheart. It is not just countries in the Americas, but those poor countries struggling in Africa, Afghanistan, Greece, Iran and many others without the resources or economies or quarantine to provide, basic necessities as bathrooms. You may not be able to access information but perhaps you are putting blinders on to it. If there were facilities to shelter-in-place there would often be 16-20 people in 15x15 rooms to accommodate. I have worked for Doctor's Without Borders and have seen conditions like this. Quarantine is an impossibility when people are starving. Open your eyes.

Good health to you and hope you are able to afford quarantine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/worlds-70-million-displaced-people-face-a-coronavirus-disaster-report-says/2020/03/30/fdefc9ba-7220-11ea-85cb-8670579b863d_story.html

2 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Here you go sweetheart. It is not just countries in the Americas, but those poor countries struggling in Africa, Afghanistan, Greece, Iran and many others without the resources or economies or quarantine to provide, basic necessities as bathrooms. You may not be able to access information but perhaps you are putting blinders on to it. If there were facilities to shelter-in-place there would often be 16-20 people in 15x15 rooms to accommodate. I have worked for Doctor's Without Borders and have seen conditions like this. Quarantine is an impossibility when people are starving. Open your eyes.

Good health to you and hope you are able to afford quarantine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/worlds-70-million-displaced-people-face-a-coronavirus-disaster-report-says/2020/03/30/fdefc9ba-7220-11ea-85cb-8670579b863d_story.html

No need to be condescending to have a discussion.  I was in the Navy for well over 20 years and I most likely have been in many more third world countries than most people.  Many of those countries we performed humanitarian missions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

No need to be condescending to have a discussion.  I was in the Navy for well over 20 years and I most likely have been in many more third world countries than most people.  Many of those countries we performed humanitarian missions.

No condescention. I only ask for the COMPASSION for those less fortunate than may of us cruisers are in the US. You may have performed humanitarian missions but your comment that many of these people have been in this condition for years" is quite offensive. As Americans we take care of our own first but as citizens of the world we might consider LOOKING OUT FOR OTHERS or at least show some compassion for those less fortunate. You above all if you've served in the military should know better.

I may start a firestorm for my comments but whatever. It's in my heart and pocketbook.

If NCL announced that they'd donate 1% of FCC or the 1% of that 20% to poor in America or any poor country in the world they'd have my business.

Edited by Petoonya

1 minute ago, Petoonya said:

No condescention. I only ask for the COMPASSION for those less fortunate than may of us cruisers are in the US. You may have performed humanitarian missions but your comment that many of these people have been in this condition for years" is quite offensive. As Americans we take care of our own first but as citizens of the world we might consider LOOKING OUT FOR OTHERS or at least show some compassion for those less fortunate. You above all if you've served in the military should know better.

I may start a firestorm for my comments but whatever. It's in my heart and pocketbook.

So you are saying people in third world countries haven't been in dire straits for years?    That's not trying to be offensive, it's a fact.

I respect your opinion. This is taking the subject far off topic so I digress.  Time to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

• Like 3

They'd not be in third world countries if they were not in dire straights. They can't get out. Your drop in the bucket provides a meal to a family today though.

I live in Oregon so no sunshine 🙂 I'll go chug down some rain 😉

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

If NCL announced that they'd donate 1% of FCC or the 1% of that 20% to poor in America or any poor country in the world they'd have my business.

Children....behave! 😉

• Haha 2