Annoucment delay until monday

shof515

13 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Didn't they already start doing this with the Carnival Spirit? 

Jacinta acknowledged this a few days ago.

Image may contain: text

Actually not related to this one.  This is Seattle and Alaska specific, more coming....

6 minutes ago, poz222 said:

This is for the rest of the fleet in the USA ... Spirit is in Australia 

Doesn’t seem to be for Australia sailings as noted by the letter. It appears to be part of the Carnival Spirit’s Alaska program — which Carnival still has not acknowledged regarding a change in port operations that could lead to changes and/or cancellations.

8 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Doesn’t seem to be for Australia sailings as noted by the letter. It appears to be part of the Carnival Spirit’s Alaska program — which Carnival still has not acknowledged regarding a change in port operations that could lead to changes and/or cancellations.

maybe soon

My son is on the Horizon and is leaving today - he's part of the entertainment staff. Some of his department left last week and I'm sure he said that the spa, shops and concessions staff had already left. His contract isn't finished until August. He just boarded on 1 March. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:50 AM, cruiselover** said:

I am really frustrated that Carnival is postponing their announcement.  My husband and I have the Carnival Magic booked for April 25, 2020 and I have been on pins and needles waiting to hear if the cruise is cancelled or not.  We can cancel by March 31st and get a full refund based on the information Carnival sent us earlier this month.  I was hoping to find out today that onboard credit was going to be offered along with the refund for another cruise.  I can't stand the idea of waiting yet another few days!

All Carnival cruises are blocked out from the website I use including my May 10 th. out of San Juan.  Sorry you aren't going anywhere and even if a ship sailed it won't be allowed to dock.

I'd bet that cruise lines have been in close contact with representatives from the federal task force. I'm sure they have been eager to get the most up-to-date info. in order to help them determine their next moves and, possibly, when it'll be safe to return to service. After having seen POTUS and the task force announce yesterday that they're extending their social distancing guidelines through the month of April, I believe it's entirely plausible that Carnival was aware the government would be making their announcement on Sunday, which could be why Carnival decided to postpone their announcement until today. I doubt we'll ever know for sure why they waited, but this seems like the most reasonable & logical explanation to me, so it's what I'm choosing to believe.

Despite the impending bad news in regards to upcoming cruises (we're assuming), here's to hoping that today's announcement will put folks at ease so they can make necessary adjustments to their plans and begin the process of planning to make up for it.

We are all eagerly anticipating Carnival's announcement today which will hopefully give most of you some clarity about your future booked cruises and getting money refunded future cruise credits etc. I realize that many of you are very frustrated.

I just want to say that there will be  just one thread created regarding Carnival's announcement today and all posts that are disrespectful, personal attacks and off topic and don't relate to the announcement will be deleted.  I will use the first thread created as the one to post on and may retitle it so that all of you know where to post. 

I hope you will respect this and have helpful conversations instead of bickering over minor details.

This virus situation is something completely uncharted for all of us and a frustrating time but we can use these boards to be helpful and kind instead of disrespectful. 

Thank you, everybody....be well.

*********** """

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

It's easy for people to say it's not a big deal if they don't have an April cruise booked.  We saw what happened to the last few cruises.  People got turned away at the port because they implemented new health requirements.  People arrived at ports after Carnival knew they had cancelled cruises.  Maybe the people with cruises booked in April think Carnival could have made decisions about the April cruises on the day they told people they would.

Nobody is holding up a pitchfork.  People are wondering why other cruise lines were able to make these decisions, yet Carnival continues to lag behind.  I love taking Carnival cruises, but that doesn't mean I think every decision they make is a good one. 

I have a vacation scheduled later in April. I don't know if the plane will be in operation. I don't know if the resort will be open. I don't know if I will even be allowed to leave to house. Would I like to know now? Sure would. Although I'm not going to demand everyone has future vision for MY convenience, and I certainly won't stress about it. Especially when all of the travel companies are generally being very friendly and giving refunds. I will continue to follow what is going on, and stay up to date. The vast majority of those turned away at a port were those who decided not to stay up to date with what was going on. If you leave your home during a pandemic without knowing the details, you are asking for it.

22 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Right.  But until Carnival cancels, there will be no full refunds.  I looked at my account and the penalty for cancelling is $1200.  I am going to rebook, so it's not a huge issue for me other than being annoyed that the company said they would do something and didn't do it when they knew good and well they will not cruise in April.  However, there are people who lost their jobs and could use a refund on a cruise they know will eventually be cancelled.  

"If you cancel your booking today, the penalty amount would be $1206.00"

Carnival doesn't owe anyone a refund on some immediate timeline because of their finances. However, they have extended their policy beyond what they normally would, and are giving the option of a refund when it gets to that. Be glad for that. People are complaining when decisions are made too quickly, and they are complaining when they are made too slowly. It's impossible for everything to be done correctly and on the hindsight timeline.

Just over the weekend, President Trump has changed the social distancing guidelines. Info continues to change. Everyone needs to just stop the panic. What is going on now will not be what is going on in two weeks from now. Take the updates as they come, and relax. I've yet to see any concern that truly impacts anyone's well-being.

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

We are all eagerly anticipating Carnival's announcement today which will hopefully give most of you some clarity about your future booked cruises and getting money refunded future cruise credits etc. I realize that many of you are very frustrated.

I just want to say that there will be  just one thread created regarding Carnival's announcement today and all posts that are disrespectful, personal attacks and off topic and don't relate to the announcement will be deleted.  I will use the first thread created as the one to post on and may retitle it so that all of you know where to post. 

I hope you will respect this and have helpful conversations instead of bickering over minor details.

This virus situation is something completely uncharted for all of us and a frustrating time but we can use these boards to be helpful and kind instead of disrespectful. 

Thank you, everybody....be well.

*********** """

I don’t think Carnival’s announcement to suspend cruises for another 30 days provides too much clarity, other than confirm what most people already suspected...no cruises until May at the earliest. 

On 3/28/2020 at 6:40 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Holds last 48 hours. Do you have a PVP? If so, you could call them and ask if they can extend the hold. Ours did that for us last year. We didn't even know it was possible, but he offered, so we took him up on it. He extended it from 48 hours to 5 days. I guess you could call their 800 number, but considering how busy their regular customer service reps. are, I don't know how far you'd get. Even if you have a PVP, I don't know if they'd do it for you now, what with everything that's going on.

Thanks OC.  I finally just got brave yesterday and cancelled my current hold.  The room was available again within about 3 hours when I checked back.  So now I'm good until tomorrow afternoon.  HOPEfully by then we'll know something.

Also, hope this helps someone else wondering the same thing.  I'm doing all I can to avoid calling them.  I used to have a PVP but he got pretty put out with me when I booked a cruise on the website once, and his reaction made me uncomfortable to continue using him.  Might seek another out one of these days.

• Like 1

It's official.

uc?export=download&id=10IB5jF9qHEMq6vSar3JpZAf8dBI60xpp

This is what we know, for a fact, at this point in time. Unfortunately, it won't stop some people from over-speculating, but at least we know what the announcement is now, and those who are impacted by the extended shut-down can breathe a sigh of relief and work towards making new arrangements.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

Ah.  I had stopped in here to check, but hadn't gotten that far yet as to see the official word.  Well, at least I have a plan.  We knew it was coming anyway.  I'm honestly glad to be out of limbo, and glad my cruise was 5/3 and not 5/12 so I'd still be worrying.  Honestly wondering if 9/6 is going to be enough time.

Ugh! Dragging out Alaska! We have a cruise from SF on June 22 thru July 2. Almost no chance of sailing but still no cancellation is there hope?

Still waiting, Denise 

Edited by dchip

20 hours ago, lensonlife said:

They also haven’t technically cancelled yet. We know it’s coming, but I’m also scheduled to sail on the 6/29 Radiance and according to Carnival I’m still sailing 😫. I won’t be canceling as I am hopeful to get the most OBC with FCC possible (as I’m paid in full). We will see what they have to offer. 

they applied the latest cancellation to anyone who cancelled after 3/6. you are still not in the window, but they might do the same thing. they also did those for the people that cancelled between 3/6 and about 3/14.

7 minutes ago, dchip said:

Ugh! Dragging out Alaska! We have a cruise from SF on June 22 thru July 2. Almost no chance of sailing but still no cancellation is there hope?

Still waiting, Denise 

If I was Carnival, I would cancel Alaska in waves. Alaska is fighting to get some benefits in the next aid bill due to their dependency on tourism. they might allow Alaskan cruises without a stop in Canada. it would certainly have to be a waiver to get that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

If I was Carnival, I would cancel Alaska in waves. Alaska is fighting to get some benefits in the next aid bill due to their dependency on tourism. they might allow Alaskan cruises without a stop in Canada. it would certainly have to be a waiver to get that.

It appears they may be taking just that tact.  

• Like 1