Annoucment delay until monday

shof515

So the gaping hole (other than Alaska), is the Legend Euro sailings.  I was expecting that to fall today, I could go out and look, but  when was the Legend going to New York in advance of the cruise to Europe, anybody remember?

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

So the gaping hole (other than Alaska), is the Legend Euro sailings.  I was expecting that to fall today, I could go out and look, but  when was the Legend going to New York in advance of the cruise to Europe, anybody remember?

I know the Legend was doing a 9 day from New York on May 25 and that is showing anymore.

55 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Still no word on the poofed Radiance cruises from NYC...disappointed we're still in limbo though I doubt we're going to sail at this point.  Just tell me already we're not going. 

I was about to post the same thing.  

My Aug Radiance sailing is still showing in my cruise manager. My PIF date is in about 4 weeks, so I have some time still.

14 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I was about to post the same thing.  

My Aug Radiance sailing is still showing in my cruise manager. My PIF date is in about 4 weeks, so I have some time still.

weve got time too...but the sailing we want to switch to so we don't have to switch around dates at work is already almost full! 

1 hour ago, khewston said:

I know the Legend was doing a 9 day from New York on May 25 and that is showing anymore.

I'm wondering about the August Legend cruise out of Barcelona as well.  First it has to get to Europe of course and there are no Legend cruise options out there for Europe until 2021.  I hope they tell us before the final pay in May.  Impossible to put that money down knowing what is going on in Europe for us.  

1 hour ago, khewston said:

my may 16 9 day legend cruises was removed from the carnival website on friday and has not returned to the website

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

my may 16 9 day legend cruises was removed from the carnival website on friday and has not returned to the website

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I don't think any sailing on the Legend are posted until mid November.

I received the email today and am pleased with Carnival's generous offer of a $600 on board credit.  I'm taking a risk and booked a cruise for September.  Hopefully, things will be better by then. I filled out the form online, so we'll see how long it takes to get processed.  That doesn't matter to me though, because at least I am able to make solid plans now.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I received the email today and am pleased with Carnival's generous offer of a $600 on board credit.  I'm taking a risk and booked a cruise for September.  Hopefully, things will be better by then. I filled out the form online, so we'll see how long it takes to get processed.  That doesn't matter to me though, because at least I am able to make solid plans now.

We are re trying for Sept as well   Hoping the world might be back to normal by then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Still no word on the poofed Radiance cruises from NYC...disappointed we're still in limbo though I doubt we're going to sail at this point.  Just tell me already we're not going. 

per the cancellation letter received today, through May 11.  Radiance is also cancelled April 29, May 9, May 21, May 30, June 11.

2 hours ago, khewston said:

I don't think any sailing on the Legend are posted until mid November.

Legend was arriving in NYC on May 16, after a Journey's cruise starting in Tampa.  That was the cruise i was on.  I think it stayed in NYC for 1 month and then headed to Europe.  So since Europe is locked down for the Legend Summer sailinigs it appears Legend is without a home until November, when it would have returned from Europe.

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Don't bother waiting for notification on the FCC being processed as it may never happen without calling Carnival. I called Carnival and had them move everything around with the FCC as they helped with a new booking a year out.  The individual I talked to highly recommended having them do the booking to expedite the FCC as doing it online may lead to a significant delay with the FCC being applied.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

I moved our Panorama cruise out of Long Beach until 7/25.  Hopefully things will be back to the new normal.  BTW- The price was $500 cheaper than when i booked, so the nice lady at Carnival customer service said they would issue a refund to my credit card.  Not really shore how long this will take, but i did get new booking numbers and a cancellation email. 

I had also paid for a shore excursion and the adult beverage package and she stated that when my original booking is was cancelled it triggers a refund on those items.  We will see how long it takes.  Anyone have an idea??? 

19 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Don't bother waiting for notification on the FCC being processed as it may never happen without calling Carnival. I called Carnival and had them move everything around with the FCC as they helped with a new booking a year out.  The individual I talked to highly recommended having them do the booking to expedite the FCC as doing it online may lead to a significant delay with the FCC being applied.

Thanks.  I did try calling today, but could not get through.  I may wait a week before I try again. I'm sure they are swamped.

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hi, we are booked on the June 3 transatlantic on the Legend out of New York then the following one June 19th to Norway.  Final payment has been made and we are waiting until Carnival cancels and thought that would happen today.  Oh well, more waiting, I guess.

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

What I think Carnival is trying to do (and I can't blame them) is get final payments before they offer their cancellation packages.

I was hoping for a Radiance 7/29 package today....and then go on to book something else.  It didn't happen.

For you to get anything for a 7/29 cancellation would mean that they'd have to continue the shut-down through July. But what if they're able to resume operations before then? So you're hoping they'd be shut down just long enough for you to get OBC, even though that would mean the company remains dormant and thousands of others would lose a cruise that they'd like to go on. Am I understanding that correctly? If they were able to resume operations before July, I'd much rather see that.

I think all this OBC getting distributed is having some unintended consequences. People who normally can't wait for their next cruise are now hoping for cancellations to get a piece of the OBC pie. 🤨

7 minutes ago, searaider said:

Hi, we are booked on the June 3 transatlantic on the Legend out of New York then the following one June 19th to Norway.  Final payment has been made and we are waiting until Carnival cancels and thought that would happen today.  Oh well, more waiting, I guess.

This might make some people think twice about booking a cruise in the future and paying in full 90 days in advance...Just Saying..Hope the best for you!!!

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

the original schedule for the legend was:

May 3 - reposittion cruise from Tampa to New York

May 16 and May 25 - 9 day Caribbean cruise out of New York

June 3 - transatlantic to the cross the pond to Europe

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

the original schedule for the legend was:

May 3 - reposittion cruise from Tampa to New York

May 16 and May 25 - 9 day Caribbean cruise out of New York

June 3 - transatlantic to the cross the pond to Europe

Thanks

I wish Carnival (and other cruise lines as well) would just come out and announce we are not cruising until July 1, or whatever future date is realistic, instead of cancelling cruises 30 days at a time. I understand they are tying to limit the amount of people calling about cancelled cruises, but based on posts I have read online there are a lot of people rescheduling cruises for May and June that are not going to happen.