Annoucment delay until monday

shof515

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wish Carnival (and other cruise lines as well) would just come out and announce we are not cruising until July 1, or whatever future date is realistic, instead of cancelling cruises 30 days at a time. I understand they are tying to limit the amount of people calling about cancelled cruises, but based on posts I have read online there are a lot of people rescheduling cruises for May and June that are not going to happen.  

I was actually a little surprised there was not more beef in the announcement.  Especially with the Legend and Alaskan itineraries.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

For you to get anything for a 7/29 cancellation would mean that they'd have to continue the shut-down through July. But what if they're able to resume operations before then? So you're hoping they'd be shut down just long enough for you to get OBC, even though that would mean the company remains dormant and thousands of others would lose a cruise that they'd like to go on. Am I understanding that correctly? If they were able to resume operations before July, I'd much rather see that.

I think all this OBC getting distributed is having some unintended consequences. People who normally can't wait for their next cruise are now hoping for cancellations to get a piece of the OBC pie. 🤨

What I wrote came across the wrong way.  Because bookings aren't available for the Radiance I assumed it was canceled.  So, I wanted to book something else now.  I was disappointed (not really for me...I'm retired and live 10 minutes by cab from the port) because so many people have their money and time invested in those sailings

I'm not sure if I can cancel and get a FCC based on what I paid.  Two weeks ago I could have...but a cancellation policy isn't posted anymore.  I rather just cancel and get the FCC than have to pay for the entire cruise to get a FCC.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

I think all this OBC getting distributed is having some unintended consequences. People who normally can't wait for their next cruise are now hoping for cancellations to get a piece of the OBC pie. 🤨

Or, maybe people are very hesitant about cruising until later in the year or next year.  Maybe even if Carnival began cruising in June, people would wonder if there would be health restrictions or if the cruise may be cancelled at the last minute after they get to the port city.   I don't think the majority of people are thrilled about not cruising at their originally booked time. I think the majority of people are not eager to cruise any time soon because of the health risks.  The on board credit is generous, but I would have much preferred that none of this happened and I could cruise in April.

M

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

So, I tried calling Carnival again.  I was on hold for about ten minutes.  It took the agent about 20 minutes, but she was able to move everything to my new booking.  That was actually very easy.  I have the $600 OBC and another $100 for my stock ownership.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

So, I tried calling Carnival again.  I was on hold for about ten minutes.  It took the agent about 20 minutes, but she was able to move everything to my new booking.  That was actually very easy.  I have the $600 OBC and another $100 for my stock ownership.

Good deal!  Getting them to move the FCC is apparently the trick as waiting for it to happen via submitted forms is an exercise in futility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Good deal!  Getting them to move the FCC is apparently the trick as waiting for it to happen via submitted forms is an exercise in futility.

Yes, calling is the way to do it.  She even emailed me a confirmation within minutes.  The service was very good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Or, maybe people are very hesitant about cruising until later in the year or next year.  Maybe even if Carnival began cruising in June, people would wonder if there would be health restrictions or if the cruise may be cancelled at the last minute after they get to the port city.   I don't think the majority of people are thrilled about not cruising at their originally booked time. I think the majority of people are not eager to cruise any time soon because of the health risks.  The on board credit is generous, but I would have much preferred that none of this happened and I could cruise in April.

Um, I was referring to all the people who are actually saying they hope to be cancelled because they want the OBC. I didn't say that a majority of people feel that way, but they do keep popping up pretty much every day. If Carnival has to cancel a cruise, I'm of the opinion that the only thing they owe those passengers is a full refund, or at the very least a 100% future cruise credit. Any OBC given beyond that is being generous. But $600 worth of OBC is crazy, in my opinion, and it's that ridiculously large amount that is attracting people to the idea of actually wanting to be cancelled.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wish Carnival (and other cruise lines as well) would just come out and announce we are not cruising until July 1, or whatever future date is realistic, instead of cancelling cruises 30 days at a time. I understand they are tying to limit the amount of people calling about cancelled cruises, but based on posts I have read online there are a lot of people rescheduling cruises for May and June that are not going to happen.  

How many organizations anywhere have a plan through July? That is looking too far out. I know people want answers, but no one has them yet. It would be a poor business decision to start throwing out refunds and whatnot right now

3 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

How many organizations anywhere have a plan through July? That is looking too far out. I know people want answers, but no one has them yet. It would be a poor business decision to start throwing out refunds and whatnot right now

There is no doubt in my mind these 30 day announcements are business decisions made with financial implications, so I fully understand why every cruise line is making similar decisions. However, these announcements give some people false hope that cruises are returning soon (the latest being May), when there is little to no chance that any cruise line is going to resume operations within the next several months. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There is no doubt in my mind these 30 day announcements are business decisions made with financial implications, so I fully understand why every cruise line is making similar decisions. However, these announcements give some people false hope that cruises are returning soon (the latest being May), when there is little to no chance that any cruise line is going to resume operations within the next several months. 

They are giving the best possible date, and one of these will be right.  I doo not think they current one is.  More and more,  I think we will have a staggered resumption that is tied to the specific geography, and if that happens, the next big question is where those cruises will travel to.  

When I read about those poor souls on the HAL ship and where they cannot dock it makes me think of cruising destinations that are still fearful (as we all are) and unwilling and/or able to open their destinations to cruising.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Um, I was referring to all the people who are actually saying they hope to be cancelled because they want the OBC. I didn't say that a majority of people feel that way, but they do keep popping up pretty much every day. If Carnival has to cancel a cruise, I'm of the opinion that the only thing they owe those passengers is a full refund, or at the very least a 100% future cruise credit. Any OBC given beyond that is being generous. But $600 worth of OBC is crazy, in my opinion, and it's that ridiculously large amount that is attracting people to the idea of actually wanting to be cancelled.

it is important to know, it is not a full FCC it is a FCC up to 100% of the original cruise fare plus $500.  If you new cruise fare is less than that amount Carnival will keep the remaining amount.  I am attaching a confirmation of this fact (confirmed both by Carnival Twitter account and facebook account of JH)

74FB008F-CE76-4B1B-84C6-517E70B6D7B0.jpeg

My Carnival Legend cruise is due for full payment at the end of April, so I have fingers crossed that we will have firm news that the European sailings have been cancelled.

I just don't get why they were all removed from the site and then no announcement.  If the decision has been made why are they holding back.  

I mean we can put 2+2 together.

I am booked on the Radiance out of NYC in July 2020 - we all know that is not going to happen..........I only put down a down payment.  My final payment is due on April 21.   At this point I do not care if I get more OBC credit or this or that - I do not feel safe booking another cruise out at this point in time.   I am waiting for things to calm down - I want to feel good about booking a vacation.   In a year from now maybe.

I can not see the port in NYC up and running anytime soon !!   Just my thought.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dritan said:

My Carnival Legend cruise is due for full payment at the end of April, so I have fingers crossed that we will have firm news that the European sailings have been cancelled.

I just don't get why they were all removed from the site and then no announcement.  If the decision has been made why are they holding back.  

But we are all still here, guessing about it.  

Perhaps did not announce because of Loads on the call center. With cancellation of all cruises through May the call centers are overwhelmed (hours wait time and with everyone working from home). They will get through the bulk of the cancels/rebooking this week then tackle the Alaska and Europe and New York cancelled sailings next week. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dritan said:

It's just my theory, but I think they removed certain cruises with the greatest likelihood of being cancelled, but still had a chance (even the slightest) of still happening. If they left them on the site to continue to be booked, then had to officially cancel them, that's a ton more OBC getting issued. They're being insanely generous with the amounts of OBC they're giving away with these cancelled/rescheduled cruises, but in the end, it's still a business and they have to slow the bleed somehow. So even though they are being generous with it, I don't think they want to create new situations that forces them to give away more. If that's the case, I don't blame them.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

So extended cruises on Radiance, Legend and Alaska cancellations have come out.  Last one remaining is Mardi Gras

Today is a sad day. And to anyone thinking this could be a April Fools day prank jimbo5544 might be posting about here is a screenshot of the Carnival page.  Thank jimbo5544 for posting!

CE5EDCDD-5083-458B-A589-1BDDF11729EA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ncovert said:

Today is a sad day. And to anyone thinking this could be a April Fools day prank jimbo5544 might be posting about here is a screenshot of the Carnival page.  Thank jimbo5544 for posting!

CE5EDCDD-5083-458B-A589-1BDDF11729EA.jpeg

I would not joke about this, although I would prefer if it was one.........😪

Just saw it in my email as well.  I was on the Legend out of London at the end of June ending in Barcelona.  I cancelled before final payment was due (March 30th), so maybe I'll get back the $400 deposit and may have other options.  Then have to deal with transatlantic Delta flights as well.  Stay healthy.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:17 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Exactly!!!