Carnival has postponed their announcement

wyobean

All that has been said is Carnival cruise lines. It may or may not include Carnival Corp’s other branded cruise lines. Personally, I think it will cover all the brands but, that is only MY opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WriterOnDeck said:

Given the Zaandam passenger deaths just announced on HAL's blog, I doubt corporate will make future cruise announcements today.

Carnival has already announced that their announcement has been postponed until Monday.

2 hours ago, john2003 said:

I thought this was Carnival Cruises not Carnival Cruise Lines. But I am frequently confused these days. 

It was Arnold W. Donald, President/CEO of Carnival Corp & PLC who originally said that there would be a decision on the 27th. That would indicate it was to apply to the entire "family" and not just Carnival Cruise Line. Carnival Cruises has been talking about it on social media which made some think it would only to the "fun" ships

Today's news is heartbreaking and one can't even imagine what future announcements will be. Prayers for all those on Zaandam and Rotterdam.

• Like 1

I wonder if it has anything to also with how much bailout money Arison can secure from the Government.  And, I wonder if they are wondering if they should heed the "open the economy back up on Easter Sunday" pronouncement - do it or play it safe and stay suspended.  Hard to do cruises in April when no one will let you dock...

I'm sure they are trying to come up with the best spin to put on the Zaandam and Rotterdam issue.  But, I don't think you can do any kind of spin on it, other than condemning ports that denied them docking.  It's sad all the way around,  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

It was Arnold W. Donald, President/CEO of Carnival Corp & PLC who originally said that there would be a decision on the 27th. That would indicate it was to apply to the entire "family" and not just Carnival Cruise Line. Carnival Cruises has been talking about it on social media which made some think it would only to the "fun" ships

Today's news is heartbreaking and one can't even imagine what future announcements will be. Prayers for all those on Zaandam and Rotterdam.

I spent about an hour using various search terms to try and find where Mr. Donald was the source of the announcement. All search results came up with either titles including Carnival Cruise Lines or having that in the body of the article or at least including the "Whale Tail" logo of Carnival Cruise Lines. Could you provide a link to the actual announcement from Mr Donald?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I wonder if it has anything to also with how much bailout money Arison can secure from the Government.  And, I wonder if they are wondering if they should heed the "open the economy back up on Easter Sunday" pronouncement - do it or play it safe and stay suspended.  Hard to do cruises in April when no one will let you dock...

I'm sure they are trying to come up with the best spin to put on the Zaandam and Rotterdam issue.  But, I don't think you can do any kind of spin on it, other than condemning ports that denied them docking.  It's sad all the way around,  

It was not a "pronouncement". It was an voiced hope.....speaking of spinning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wyobean said:

9C8AADF1-DB8A-4C68-BE51-A9115ADEFB31.jpeg

Thank you so much!!!I pray they extend beyond the 30 days! Way to soon IMO especially with what happened on the Zaandam!! I feel So bad😥 But In glad my wonderful city San Diego will be them home. CDC will be there to help them!

Denise😊

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thank you so much!!!I pray they extend beyond the 30 days! Way to soon IMO especially with what happened on the Zaandam!! I feel So bad😥 But In glad my wonderful city San Diego will be them home. CDC will be there to help them!

Denise😊

Cruise ships are sailing before the dead of summer at the earliest, is my guess.

My guess is how many actually sell. Demand is going to be the weakest it’s ever been, and birth rates are obviously skyrocket high.

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

I spent about an hour using various search terms to try and find where Mr. Donald was the source of the announcement. All search results came up with either titles including Carnival Cruise Lines or having that in the body of the article or at least including the "Whale Tail" logo of Carnival Cruise Lines. Could you provide a link to the actual announcement from Mr Donald?

It was a video Rich and I'll try to find the link but that's where I saw it. May be all water under the bridge now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sppunk said:

Cruise ships are sailing before the dead of summer at the earliest, is my guess.

My guess is how many actually sell. Demand is going to be the weakest it’s ever been, and birth rates are obviously skyrocket high.

I love your response!! Made me smile!

Been awhile to smile! Thank you so pink!

Denise😊

• Like 1

How many more people must die before they cancel cruising for another month.  All they are trying to do by delaying this announcement is trying to conserve cash.  No one is cruising till the middle of summer at best.

With all that is going on, and the terrible tragedy with the Zaandam, I am very surprised that Holland America would send out an email like this.  Enough already. Just postpone your operations instead of sending emails letting us know you "will be making a decision". 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sppunk said:

Or will be in nine months ... kinda like the NYC blackout in the 60s ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albingirl said:

With all that is going on, and the terrible tragedy with the Zaandam, I am very surprised that Holland America would send out an email like this.  Enough already. Just postpone your operations instead of sending emails letting us know you "will be making a decision". 

There are people who want to plan and therefore want to know.  Life will go on again.  Operations are already suspended and some would like to have an indication as to HAL's plans to commence sailings again.