Carnival Sailing in Europe this year??

mpdog42

Just curious what you all think!! Will the Legend be sailing in Europe this fall?....Tried to do a mock booking and none of the Legend's sailings this summer and fall even come up....Hard to believe there all sold out...Called the 1800 number and the Customer service rep said yeah the legend is still sailing out of Venice... Who knows at this point..Thanks!! 

No Legend cruises until 11/15/20.  I believe Europe is cancelled for this year.  We have two more for this summer and we already cancelled one.  We rebooked the Legend for next year in Europe.

I have a feeling that most cruise lines will be idle for some time. I hope not, seeing as I work for one, but it looks that way. My company is making decisions based on air travel as well. Most of our guests are 70+, and even though we never leave US waters, people don't want to get on planes. It's a very interesting time, and the media is having a field day(or was)bashing cruise lines.😪

People keep asking questions that no one here has answers for, not only that but the cruise lines have no answer and won't for a long time.  Guesses, speculation and wishful thinking don't do anyone any good.

Patience at this time is hard for everyone but......

Hope everyone stays healthy!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kicia said:

No Legend cruises until 11/15/20.  I believe Europe is cancelled for this year.  We have two more for this summer and we already cancelled one.  We rebooked the Legend for next year in Europe.

What makes you say that?

I also tried to mock book and nothing until 2021.  I talked to my PVP and she was laid off last week; she said the majority of those that work from home were dealt the same hand over the last several days.  So unfortunate.  This is such a sad reality and shows how far reaching this situation really is.  We are on an August booking to Europe but from what she relayed to me, there won't be sailings and an official announcement should be coming early in the week. 

We cancelled our Legend cruise out of Dover to the Norwegian fjords this June.  Very disappointed to do so, but it was the right call for us.  I think we were about 93 days out from sailaway when I cancelled.

We had a midship extended balcony which had sold out, but a mock booking the same day we cancelled showed lots of available cabins.  Guess we weren't the only ones cancelling ahead of any announcement from Carnival.

Edited by evandbob