When will "All be clear"

Narcussist

Cruise Director Schedules

Based on the Cruise director scheduling, looks like Carnival is going to postpone all sailing until the end of May. I was looking at this today, and noticed a lot of missing months for ships. Take it as it is, and like the title states Reckless Speculations, but this is what I take from it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Why is it reckless? People on this forum make crazy speculations all the time.

Most other people believe what they are saying/posting is true. I know with my post, it is just a possibility and does not prove anything.

Just now, Narcussist said:

Most other people believe what they are saying/posting is true. I know with my post, it is just a possibility and does not prove anything.

Yes, but you have something to backup your speculation. Other people just make crazy speculations and have nothing.

I know of some who booked may hoping to get it cancelled. People want to get cancelled so they can rebook with the up to $600 obc. Heck even I'm tempted.

Lol they will be disappointed if they wind up cruising with this virus so rampant.

I think this pandemic Will Go On in some form or another until at least the end of the year.  there will be Pockets popping up all over the country. How soon the public en masse will feel safe getting on a cruise ship is another story.   But I think it will be a long while, considering how notorious ships are for spreading the disease. 

• Like 2

My guess is that Carnival will do a slow rollout end of May. Starting with Florida, SC, and Texas.Do not think NYC will be ready for sailings before July at the earliest.  I also think Carnival will pull all ships from NYC this season. 

5 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

My guess is that Carnival will do a slow rollout end of May. Starting with Florida, SC, and Texas.Do not think NYC will be ready for sailings before July at the earliest.  I also think Carnival will pull all ships from NYC this season. 

I think you could be right.  The HOPE hospital ship will be at the Manhattan pier and today Gov Cuomo was talking about the Brooklyn cruise terminal as a possible emergency hospital site if necessary.  I think cruising out of NY is looking slim. 

6 minutes ago, Surrealistic said:

I think you could be right.  The HOPE hospital ship will be at the Manhattan pier and today Gov Cuomo was talking about the Brooklyn cruise terminal as a possible emergency hospital site if necessary.  I think cruising out of NY is looking slim. 

Unless you're cruisin' out of NY on the Hope itself, just like me out of Pearl Harbor long time ago....

31 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Just curious if there isn't a vaccine,(which definitely won't happen), or suddenly an effective treatment, (which is slightly possible), what makes you think any ship is going to start sailing the end of May?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mek said:

Just curious if there isn't a vaccine,(which definitely won't happen), or suddenly an effective treatment, (which is slightly possible), what makes you think any ship is going to start sailing the end of May?

Do you really think cruiselines are going to wait another 15 months for a vaccine before sailing ? 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I know of some who booked may hoping to get it cancelled. People want to get cancelled so they can rebook with the up to $600 obc. Heck even I'm tempted.

Lol they will be disappointed if they wind up cruising with this virus so rampant.

I think there is 0% chance of any cruises in May if the virus is still rampant.

This is an indirect method. Just go to Carnival website and try to book a cruise departing before mid May (or before July for Alaska cruises). You can’t do it. I don’t really understand why Carnival is delaying an announcement they’ve clearly made. Usually a large corporation is more in sync, and the communications department pushes out all the notifications at the same time that the website changes, the booking calendar changes, the cruise directo schedule changes, etc. They have a lot going on. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Do you really think cruiselines are going to wait another 15 months for a vaccine before sailing ? 

You will note, I said an effective treatment is an option.  How will they monitor anything - tests before people cruise?  You honestly think they are going to take a chance and let thousands of people get on ships again before they have some kind of controls set in place?  You think ports will suddenly open and let a masses of people into their countries when this thing is spreading around like crazy?  Do you really want the business to permanently go away? All it will take is for few incidents to happen and the industry will not recover for a very long time.

And before you call me an alarmist, let's just say I'm a realist.  Hope all you want,  but I don't see this happening before July 1 and possibly much later.  

Again, an effective cure would be a game changer, so let's hope that happens quickly so I can be proven wrong about the start up date.

Edited by mek
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, outdoors27 said:

You can still book in July and August. I just did two mock bookings on the Horizon. 

Oh that's good.  The first few I looked at didn't have anything showing for the summer at all.  

Well since the Navy just canceled Fleet Week for May, I am doubting any ships start sailing until the fall.  And the Navy hospital ship is coming into Pier 90 on Monday

Edited by MaryZ

If the treatments don't pan out,  and I think there is a good chance they do,  they may help turn this into a very treatable condition.    There is going to be a mountain of cases to treat, and get the numbers down.   So if treatments work,  I'd guess earliest cruises will start back in January 2021.    If we are waiting for a vaccine, then maybe March of next year.     It's all crystal ball, really, so many moving pieces and variables.      Will be interesting to look back on these posts in a year and see how it turns out.    Once we get past it, I soooo look forward to being on the Mardi Gras!

'