Anyone cancelling cruises for late 2020 out of uncertainty?

5 minutes ago, Jackie68 said:

I just cancelled our cruise for Nov 2020 - Just in case. Even if it still sails, I don’t think I’m comfortable enough yet to get on a cruise ship. We do have one booked for June 2021 so hopefully everything will be settled by then. 

I have Oasis booked for November and I'm waiting to see what happens by the time final payment is due in August.  Personally, I don't think any cruises will be going out until 2021, but if they do they will have reduced capacity and hopefully offer me a refund if things still look dicey,

On 4/5/2020 at 2:19 PM, Crazy planning mom said:

If you can guarantee there will be an outbreak on a cruise ship, then that means there will also be an outbreak at a school, workplace, church, etc. 

Very true.  But the BIG difference is, if I catch the virus on a cruise ship, there's a chance that I will be quarantined in my room, with limited medical care available.  Even if some ELSE on the ship catches the virus, I might be quarantined in my room.

Conversely, if I catch the virus at school, in the workplace, at church, etc., there will be much better medical care available much more readily.  And unlike on a cruise ship, if my neighbor catches the virus, I won't be quarantined in my house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re booked on the Harmony for November 2020 and we’ve decided to wait it out on a monthly basis for any news regarding the cruise line’s “new normal” policies.  I’m a big advocate for maintaining safety for everyone including myself and will abide by the rules.  But I’ll probably ask for a FCC if we are required to wear mask outside the staterooms.  The thought of dinner at 150 Central while wearing a mask doesn’t sit well with me.  

I told the hubby that if we have to postpone our cruise, we’ll just go to a resort in Hawaii that has a huge beach location.  At least there, it should be easy to socially distance ourselves. 

14 hours ago, Jackie68 said:

I just cancelled our cruise for Nov 2020 - Just in case. Even if it still sails, I don’t think I’m comfortable enough yet to get on a cruise ship. We do have one booked for June 2021 so hopefully everything will be settled by then. 

While we haven't booked one for 2021, our outlook is similar to yours. We've cancelled our November 2020 cruise and we're waiting out 2021 to see what happens. We've even come to the conclusion that our annual Florida getaway for the month of November will be cancelled. Things are going to have to wait and with the recent push by many in the US to defy health recommendations, its only deepened our worry about travelling to the South US. 

There is no way I would cruise next week.  Until a vaccine is made I don’t see what will be different this fall.  In fact the experts predict the second wave could be worse.  We canceled a December cruise.  Don’t need to worry about it. 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:29 AM, Fartlek said:

There is no way I would cruise next week.  Until a vaccine is made I don’t see what will be different this fall.  In fact the experts predict the second wave could be worse.  We canceled a December cruise.  Don’t need to worry about it. 

There is no way that anyone is cruising next week.

• Like 1