I guess we continue to wait!

cruising deacon

If Canada does not open border then have issue.  Guessing till recovery starts can't announce much.  Where I live they have ordered no gatherings more than ten people and all nonessential services to close.  Next two weeks are critical to getting back to more normal sooner.  However travel outside country can not see that being advised for months.

11 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

If Canada does not open border then have issue.  Guessing till recovery starts can't announce much.  Where I live they have ordered no gatherings more than ten people and all nonessential services to close.  Next two weeks are critical to getting back to more normal sooner.  However travel outside country can not see that being advised for months.

I figure the next month or two are critical.  Notice than Celebrity just announced that you can cancel ANY cruise sailing until September up to 48 hours prior to sailing.  The cruise industry doesn't see this ending soon.  I have cancelled all bookings for cruises this year, I will WAIT a little longer before I cancel my 2021 sailings.

I have one for Europe in September and will be cancelling.  There is no way things will be back to normal by then and not guaranteed all the ports.  Hopefully towards later portion of year things will be back up running.

3 minutes ago, Bdnclc said:

I have one for Europe in September and will be cancelling.  There is no way things will be back to normal by then and not guaranteed all the ports.  Hopefully towards later portion of year things will be back up running.

We also have a September Europe  cruise booked, but with the new cancellation policy there is no hurry to cancel. I will wait and see what happens over the next few months. Still a very fluid situation.

14 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Exactly!  You cannot trust information that comes out of China.  It's skewed.

What about South Korea, Taiwan & Singapore?  They are not totalitarian.  They are democratic and they have COVID-19 very much under control.

10 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

The key is the testing, some countries were testing right away, doing more at the onset, the U.S. got in trouble because of not implementing things soon enough.

Yes, I think you are right.  Testing is the key and being pro-active didn't happen in the US so now we are lagging far behind this virus, maybe 6 weeks behind.  On a positive note, I see Princess credited my CC with the money I paid for EZair for my cruise that was cancelled March 26.

Judy from SW Florida

16 hours ago, cruising deacon said:

I figure the next month or two are critical.  Notice than Celebrity just announced that you can cancel ANY cruise sailing until September up to 48 hours prior to sailing.  The cruise industry doesn't see this ending soon.  I have cancelled all bookings for cruises this year, I will WAIT a little longer before I cancel my 2021 sailings.

The cancel up to 48 hours before sailing is not to indicate the cruise industry does not see it ending soon.

It is to encourage people keep their bookings or make new ones so that if the cruise does take place, there will be passengers on it.

• Like 2

The nearly inevitable is getting closer -- Carnival has canceled all Alaska cruises prior to June 30th.   I saw a news blurb, and confirmed it on their website.  

This is added to RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival Australia who have already announced the cancellations.  . 

Edited by CRUZBUDS
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

I had a stroke in June and had to cancel our August Hawaii cruise on Pride of America.  I submitted all pertinent medical information 6 weeks ago and still have heard nothing from AON.  I had the Platinum Plan.  Gerry.

Two years late, and nothing to do with Princess ! Must be a record .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Two years late, and nothing to do with Princess ! Must be a record .

Sorry Fella.  Haven't been on cruise Critic in a while, maybe now I remember why, but trying to relearn how to navigate.  I am not in the thousands of posts like you professionals.  Regards, Gerry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, buckeye rob said:

I had a stroke in June and had to cancel our August Hawaii cruise on Pride of America.  I submitted all pertinent medical information 6 weeks ago and still have heard nothing from AON.  I had the Platinum Plan.  Gerry.

@buckeye rob if you want advice on processing your claim, start a new thread on the NCL forums. There are a few people who frequent the forums who have filed claims that are usually very helpful.  Hope you are doing better.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

The other forum that is helpful is the cruise insurance forum. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, milolii said:

Appreciate that.  Just saw insurance.  Yes, much thank you.  Really blessed.  Dodged a big bullet there.  Regards, Gerry.

@buckeye rob if you want advice on processing your claim, start a new thread on the NCL forums. There are a few people who frequent the forums who have filed claims that are usually very helpful.  Hope you are doing better.  

Edited by buckeye rob

7 hours ago, milolii said:

thanks for posting. Very helpful!

And a kind hearted way to respond!

• Like 2