Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - Temporary Field Hospital - CV19

BklynBoy8

Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - Brooklyn Home for the Cunard Queen Mary 2 Ocean Liner & Princess Line 

Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Redhook NYC

Governor Cuomo of NYS is initializing the use of the Cruise Terminal as a Temporary Field Hospital during the CV19 emergency.

US Army Corp Engineers will coming soon to start work on setting up the pier for use Medical Use along with three other sites in other boroughs.

According to News Sources...

The front entrance will receive Emergency Vehicles

Reception/Checkin will be used as Triage

The Main Post Cruise Luggage Hall - Field Hospital

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2020/03/27/cuomo-1000-bed-coronavirus-hospital-coming-to-brooklyn-cruise-terminal/

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I think someone needs to tell them that the QM2 is due there on 25th April - ahem! 🙄

Must be April 25, 2021 unless they know something we don't know or the are giving it to act as a hospital ship.

18 hours ago, Ray66 said:

I think someone needs to tell them that the QM2 is due there on 25th April - ahem! 🙄

Ray66,

Sorry to say how we are personally experiencing a new type of New York Harbor now a days.

As all knows the QM2 is going home to Southampton to take a well rest and will not need to see Brooklyn for awhile.

NYC harbor is not what one once knew it to be. Very quiet. NY Staten Island Ferry and the other Consumer Ferries have dramatically cut back schedules.

So sad to watch Marine Traffic online and seeing all the Cruise Ships icons missing darting around the Eastern Atlantic coast and waters and wondering where those passengers are going.

New York Harbor is different place now that we once knew....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

Exactly. So why don't Cunard stop selling the April transatlantics?!

From what I have seen they seem to be out of touch or trying to gather and preserve cash. However anyone can try to sell anything at any price but I really have to wonder why anyone would buy it and second why would anyone want to come here in April. Does anyone really believe NYC will be back to normal in just a few weeks? I live just across the narrows from Brooklyn Boy8 and hope that June might be something near normal.

2 hours ago, Ray66 said:

Exactly. So why don't Cunard stop selling the April transatlantics?!

Perhaps it is not  essential work to update that part of the website. After all who is going to purchase anyway. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pennbank said:

Perhaps it is not  essential work to update that part of the website. After all who is going to purchase anyway. ?

People are booking we have a Roundtrip TA from Southampton on 6th May which we booked over 18 months ago' There is somebody on the Roll Call for our return leaving New York on 13th May and booked it only last week. They must be crazy or dreamers.

Edited by majortom10

Ray66- you are responsible for my first smile of the day- thanks a lot- one smile more does not hurt these days.

I am sure they make room for us when we board at April 25th. I am still booked on this voyage- even though I have canceled almost 10 days ago. They are little bit behind- I am sure Cunard is canceling like all the other lines!

UPDATE...........

Construction on the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is starting for the Temporary Field Hospital

Expected to open next week per the NYS Governor Cuomo

Will be converted into 750 Bed Space for Non CV19 to relieve the local hospitals.