Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ourusualbeach

Surprise, surprise points just posted for my cancelled cruise

Recommended Posts

I just looked at my account and 7 points were just added for my cruise on Anthem March 15 that was cancelled.

 

It’s one of two things;

A very nice gesture by Royal Caribbean or the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

 

For now I’ll go with the nice gesture until they take them away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d just make a note somewhere when they claw them back one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d just make a note somewhere when they claw them back one day. 

Yeah, I figure that will happen one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah, I figure that will happen one day. 

Especially now that RCI is now likely or soon will be aware that cruise points has been credited for a cancelled cruise. We didn't get these for our cancelled Oasis TA cruise last Spring.

I wouldn't have posted this on this board.  😉

Edited by robtulipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed points on my account yesterday from my cancelled March 16 cruise. I was supposed to be in a suite so I got double. They will probably disappear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I return from my non-Anthem Cruise tomorrow. I’ll let you know if/when my points appear 😜😜
 

BTW, Royal’s app has been killing me all week, sending me daily notice of my My Time dining reservations 😩😩😩
 

mac_tlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice, but not expecting it from our 4/12 canceled Freedom.  We had a JS booked, so double points would be awesome - haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just looked at my account and 7 points were just added for my cruise on Anthem March 15 that was cancelled.

 

It’s one of two things;

A very nice gesture by Royal Caribbean or the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

 

For now I’ll go with the nice gesture until they take them away.

 

I hope you had a great cruise.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Especially now that RCI is now likely or soon will be aware that cruise points has been credited for a cancelled cruise. We didn't get these for our cancelled Oasis TA cruise last Spring.

I wouldn't have posted this on this board.  😉

If I didn’t post someone would have or it would show up on FB.  It’s not like they weren’t going to find out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bobmacliberty said:

 

I hope you had a great cruise.  😁

First March break in 14 years that we’ve been at home.  I gained more weight than I do on a cruise.😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I didn’t post someone would have or it would show up on FB.  It’s not like they weren’t going to find out.  

True.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I return from my non-Anthem Cruise tomorrow. I’ll let you know if/when my points appear 😜😜
 

BTW, Royal’s app has been killing me all week, sending me daily notice of my My Time dining reservations 😩😩😩
 

mac_tlc

Mine were right on schedule...6 days post cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a cruise in my cruise history that I didn’t take and never even booked.  The cruise is there, but no points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope my points don't post. My next cruise will be a milestone and I'd hate for that to happen without me being there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's interesting about this to me...what if Covid-19 never happened and you were just a no show.  Would you still receive points anyway?  Maybe you get the points as long as you paid, whether you show or not??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

 

If that is that is the explanation, I think we can look forward to vast improvement in the RC website!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also scheduled on the 3/15 Anthem cruise.  I did not cancel the cruise (they did), and I just looked at my C&A account and +14 points were added.  It would be a nice gesture on Royals part, but I hope this isn't a mess up with their computer system.  Meaning, you got the points, so you took the cruise, so no FCC for you.  Time will tell.  Still haven't seen a refund on that $18 a day drink package I purchased online.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly would be nice to think that they will award points to cancelled cruises for people who waited until RCCL had no other choice but to cancel on them.  I was supposed to made Diamond on the 2nd night of my cruise on April 16th 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What's interesting about this to me...what if Covid-19 never happened and you were just a no show.  Would you still receive points anyway?  Maybe you get the points as long as you paid, whether you show or not??

You do not get the points if you are a no show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First March break in 14 years that we’ve been at home.  I gained more weight than I do on a cruise.😮

I was wondering if RCCL would be gracious enough to grant points for cruises they cancelled on us.  Guess this answers my question (for now).  I could not make any use of their 125% FCC offer (I would have actually got back less than I paid for my previous cruise due to how they split up the FCC among guests and how often we cruise).  I was hoping they would at least give us credit for "taking" the cruise when it was them who cancelled on us.  Fingers crossed they do not claw back the points.

 

First March break in 10 years for us we were stuck at home.  As for weight, I am the opposite of you.  I usually gain a pound per day on the cruise, but I have actually lost 15 pounds in the past 15 days (not eating as much since I am busy doing home renovations and skip lunch each day).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on a Celebrity cruise a number years ago that was cancelled on the 2nd night of 12 nights due to rudder damage. We received the points. It was little consolation though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we were actual on the ship in Sydney for one day.  26 points up for grabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While finishing our March 8th Freedom expecting to continue on the 15th, it got cancelled and only got credit for the first week. Correction just looked and now the other week is showing ummm. Will see if it stays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping to get first crystal block on 4/19 Harmony cruise.  Plus $18 drink package at slightly over soda price.  Would MUCH rather go than sit waiting for refunds of planner purchases.  Still haven't gotten to Coco Cay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...