Surprise, surprise points just posted for my cancelled cruise

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancelled the day before Royal did I am sorry to tell you that you will only get the 100% FCC that is offered under the cruise with confidence policy.  Royal is making no exceptions on this.  I have spent hours on the phone today fighting for my clients who had to cancel before Royal did due to the travel advisory that Canada issued and they won’t budge.  It is 100% FCC only. 

Thanks, that’s okay.  I think we’ll have a pretty sizable FCC by the time this clears up.  

• Like 1

My canceled cruises don't start til april 19th. They still show up on my royal account, and I'm still able to access the cruise planner. It will be interesting to see if we get the points. Eventually they might sort ot out. Won't affect us too much since we just made diamond. Not much difference between diamond and diamond plus. And pinnacle will never happen for me. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s why.  Points don’t post until 6 days after the cruise ends.

Had we been able to do the March 15 Freedom it would have ended on the 22nd so there is the 6 days. I suspect those points will get removed. If they were to stay, I could have reached D + at the end of the Oct 25th Western Med but if the Fall Allure cruises go as planned then it will be after the Nov 1st TA. 

3 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Had we been able to do the March 15 Freedom it would have ended on the 22nd so there is the 6 days. I suspect those points will get removed. If they were to stay, I could have reached D + at the end of the Oct 25th Western Med but if the Fall Allure cruises go as planned then it will be after the Nov 1st TA. 

For me if the 13 points post I'll be over 340 and the Anthem Nov. 1st TA will put us over 350 and half way to Pinnacle.  Not sure we'll ever make that level though.

12 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I return from my non-Anthem Cruise tomorrow. I’ll let you know if/when my points appear 😜😜

BTW, Royal’s app has been killing me all week, sending me daily notice of my My Time dining reservations 😩😩😩

mac_tlc

I will make sure to say hello to you at the terminal this morning.

🙃

Just arrived in Dominican Republic after leaving San Juan last night on Vision of the Seas.  Wait......that was my dream!   I’ll keep a look out for our points.  We would have reached 350 points on this cruise and would receive our next ceramic block.  If the points are credited, I’ll call C&A and ask them to mail us the block.  Better than carrying it home in our suitcase.

• Haha 1

I was on the Freedom March 8th cruise that was not allowed to dock in San Juan at the end of our cruise. We ended up spending two more days on the ship and disembarking in Miami. I'm hoping to get credit for those two extra days that we actually spent on the ship.

29 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Just arrived in Dominican Republic after leaving San Juan last night on Vision of the Seas.  Wait......that was my dream!   I’ll keep a look out for our points.  We would have reached 350 points on this cruise and would receive our next ceramic block.  If the points are credited, I’ll call C&A and ask them to mail us the block.  Better than carrying it home in our suitcase.

I’m not sure I’d be calling and asking for a block on a cruise that I didn’t actually take. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m not sure I’d be calling and asking for a block on a cruise that I didn’t actually take. 

Same here, I believe they would question the points and possibly take them away. I had some phantom points about four years ago. Then at one point,  few months after they appeared I looked online and they were gone.

m

• Like 2

Just a thought about the points, and of course I have no real knowledge of anything, I wonder if those who are receiving the points were to sail within 48 hours of RCCL canceling. We received our cancellation from Royal Caribbean less than 48 hours prior to sailing.  A few hours later, and we would’ve been on our way to Florida. There were some people on our rollcall who had already traveled to Florida  when they received  the cancellation notice

Of course we won’t know that for another week or two when the sailings of last week and this week have expired

I don’t mind if Royal Caribbean  takes away the extra points they provided me for a cruise I did not take, I just don’t want them to accidentally  take away points I rightfully earned

m

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just a thought about the points, and of course I have no real knowledge of anything, I wonder if those who are receiving the points were to sail within 48 hours of RCCL canceling. We received our cancellation from Royal Caribbean less than 48 hours prior to sailing.  A few hours later, and we would’ve been on our way to Florida. There were some people on our rollcall who had already traveled to Florida  when they received  the cancellation notice

Of course we won’t know that for another week or two when the sailings of last week and this week have expired

I don’t mind if Royal Caribbean  takes away the extra points they provided me for a cruise I did not take, I just don’t want them to accidentally  take away points I rightfully earned

m

We would have been in NY when the announcement was made but since we were driving I postponed our departure by a day.  Originally planned to get there a couple days early to have a full day in NYC and had planned on a HOHO bus and stopping at the 911 memorial.  Found out on the Thursday night that the memorial was closed so we changed our plans. 

15 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I actually lost 8 points little over 2 or 3 years ago when Royal changed their Website 

Never got it back , still not happy with that. 

After reading some of the point , I forgot about 1 point from the above , the original is counted as one but we were in a JS so we lost 9 points.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I had some phantom points about four years ago. Then at one point,  few months after they appeared I looked online and they were gone.

m

Do you remember is that was when Royal change their website ?

All he!! broke loose then .

19 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Certainly would be nice to think that they will award points to cancelled cruises for people who waited until RCCL had no other choice but to cancel on them.  I was supposed to made Diamond on the 2nd night of my cruise on April 16th 😞

You wouldn't have received the points until 6 days after your cruise was completed when they reward the points. So you wouldn't have made Diamond on that cruise.

Just now, Jimbo said:

You wouldn't have received the points until 6 days after your cruise was completed when they reward the points. So you wouldn't have made Diamond on that cruise.

I'm aware of how/when the calc happen....it's a mental thing....this is the day I made diamond 😉

We waited until RCCL cancelled our March 14th sailing on the Empress.  I then filled out the form for a cash refund.  So far no planner or cruise refund (which is expected since it's 30 days).  I do have points from the cruise in my previous sailing section.

I have a theory.  Because of the mass cancellations, they're probably manually having to cancel and refund/credit each one.  So there's a big stack of cancellations that a team of employees have to process.  That would explain why refunds went from 30 to 90 or 10,000 days or whatever it's sitting at now.

Until the cruise is actually cancelled for the pax the system that keeps track of the points has no clue that the cruise didn't happen, so it just automatically spits them out in the appropriate timeframe.

This probably does not apply to people who cancelled with the cruise with confidence plan as an agent actually processed the cancellation when you talked to them more than likely.

3 hours ago, TheSteveK said:

We waited until RCCL cancelled our March 14th sailing on the Empress.  I then filled out the form for a cash refund.  So far no planner or cruise refund (which is expected since it's 30 days).  I do have points from the cruise in my previous sailing section.

I have a theory.  Because of the mass cancellations, they're probably manually having to cancel and refund/credit each one.  So there's a big stack of cancellations that a team of employees have to process.  That would explain why refunds went from 30 to 90 or 10,000 days or whatever it's sitting at now.

Until the cruise is actually cancelled for the pax the system that keeps track of the points has no clue that the cruise didn't happen, so it just automatically spits them out in the appropriate timeframe.

This probably does not apply to people who cancelled with the cruise with confidence plan as an agent actually processed the cancellation when you talked to them more than likely.

There has been lessor major cancellations where refunds took over 30days, just heads up. I'd call by 30 something myself. Just called them Friday during late afternoon on C & A number was able get threw in 30 seconds, able get my now 4th reduction on my Nov Cruise

6 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Do you remember is that was when Royal change their website ?

All he!! broke loose then .

No - I didn't have a problem when they changed  the web site.   Quite frankly, your issue  is the first  I am hearing about point issues when the website changed.  I recall issues ( and I had a small one) when RCCL went from credits to points  in 2011.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

59 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No - I didn't have a problem when they changed  the web site.   Quite frankly, your issue  is the first  I am hearing about point issues when the website changed.  I recall issues ( and I had a small one) when RCCL went from credits to points  in 2011.

M

Guess you were one of the few that were lucky

Tons of threads here about the problems  ended up with this letter 

A Letter from Michael Bayley
Good morning everyone,
I wanted to write our loyal Crown & Anchor members to both acknowledge and apologize for the issues you are experiencing with our new Guest Account functionality and more importantly update you with the current status. I know that many of you are wasting valuable time and energy migrating to our new Guest Account system. Please know that we hear you, we read everything and we have mobilized the necessary resources to fix the problems.
Our new Guest Account capability is well-intended and will ultimately make everyone’s life easier by having one username and password and a unified account that will make using our various systems seamless whether onshore or at sea. We’ve also invested in upgrading our security capabilities to provide additional protection. The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability. Long story short, we simply did not deliver on this implementation despite our best intentions.
Recognizing all of this, we have assembled a focused team to fix every possible issue. We have a clear list of fixes and the team is working fast to implement solutions to resolve both data issues and restore functionality. They’re making progress and you will see an improved experience in the coming days. If you are continuing to have issues, we’ve also created an email account at guestaccounthelp@rccl.com to reach the dedicated team directly versus having to call customer service.
We realize that none of what I’ve said changes the fact that we’ve added complication and frustration for our loyal guests. Please know that we value your loyalty and rather than try to give you some vague excuses as to what’s taken place, I want you to know that we recognize our mistakes and are working hard to fix them quickly.
Thank you for your patience and your loyalty. We don’t take it for granted and are working hard and fast to address the situation.
Michael