Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

44 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

Hey Wine-O

I have a 2019/2020 brochure that shows the 3115-3127 staterooms were not there prior to proposed revolution.

It shows the Wine Cellar and Tuscan Grille.

That's what I thought.  🍷

19 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

As much as it's not what anyone wants to hear, Celebrity HAS said the drydocks/revolutionizing of Connie has been postponed with no future date set.  The likelihood of ANY major refurbs happening in the next year is very dim.  Their entire emphasis is on getting the fleet up and running and developing a plan to make passengers feel safe enough to sail.  The refurb and new builds are definitely back burner issues until that happens. 

I believe that will certainly be the case, but I don't recall seeing that written anywhere.  Source please?

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I have been on Connie fairly recently and other Celebrity ships that had not been renovated under the Revolution program.  I can emphatically state in my view that no Celebrity ship is in "disheveled" or poor condition.  All are well maintained and always have been.  There are blemishes of course on any ship in service.

Thank you for letting  us know that the Connie is in good working order and that they are keeping up appearances.   It may not be the bright new shinyness of a refurb but certainly not as drab and disheveled as some might think.  We were on the Summit a few months before her being Revolutionized and the appearance was clean and stylish and she was being maintained so the guests could enjoy her. I expect the same with Connie, especially if she's not getting the total refit.

19 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

As much as it's not what anyone wants to hear, Celebrity HAS said the drydocks/revolutionizing of Connie has been postponed with no future date set.  The likelihood of ANY major refurbs happening in the next year is very dim.  Their entire emphasis is on getting the fleet up and running and developing a plan to make passengers feel safe enough to sail.  The refurb and new builds are definitely back burner issues until that happens. 

I believe the Celebrity quote on remodeling is more accurately COMING SOON. 

A7321DA2-299E-4F05-B8EF-00174451F6D6.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I have been on Connie fairly recently and other Celebrity ships that had not been renovated under the Revolution program.  I can emphatically state in my view that no Celebrity ship is in "disheveled" or poor condition.  All are well maintained and always have been.  There are blemishes of course on any ship in service.

I agree.  In our 55 Celebrity cruises, on ships old and new, there has only been one occasion many years ago where a ship was in less than stellar condition.  It happened to be on Century right before they sold it (we didn't know it was being sold at the time).  We still had a great cruise BTW.  But on the other 54 sailings, we have never had a ship that was not well taken care of overall.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I believe that will certainly be the case, but I don't recall seeing that written anywhere.  Source please?

Aside from being told personally by a long time Celebrity staffer over a month ago you can go to post #270 on this thread for the "official" statement.

27 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

Good to see "fact" thanks!

Better than individuals second guessing!

32 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I believe the Celebrity quote on remodeling is more accurately COMING SOON. 

A7321DA2-299E-4F05-B8EF-00174451F6D6.png

Post # 270 shows a screen shot from Celebrity dated May 20, calling it "on hold"  I don't think any revolution or renovation is coming soon.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Post # 270 shows a screen shot from Celebrity dated May 20, calling it "on hold"  I don't think any revolution or renovation is coming soon.  

No, post #270 shows a screenshot of part of a Cruise Critic article: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5355/

@VitaminSea53's screenshot in post # 379, showing the refurbishment "COMING SOON", is taken directly from the Celebrity website. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-revolution

Edited by Fouremco

57 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

No, post #270 shows a screenshot of part of a Cruise Critic article: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5355/

@VitaminSea53's screenshot in post # 379, showing the refurbishment "COMING SOON", is taken directly from the Celebrity website. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-revolution

Ok...… but "coming soon" or "on hold"  the "revolution" isn't happening anytime soon...….  

Why in the world would a business that is teetering on bankruptcy be even considering spending $$ on ships that they can't say with ANY certainty will ever even sail again.  There just isn't any mystery here, but if people want to keep believing it's going to happen soon then, fine, I will continue to believe what I was told personally by a 17 year Celebrity employee who has never lead me wrong.....    

I think of it as if you were remodeling your house and got a bedroom and bath done, next up is kitchen, then living dining.  Oops you just got laid off.  You stop the remodeling and when asked you tell your friends “ We plan to complete this when we get back on our feet”.  

When X is back on their feet they will most likely update what ships that still are in the fleet.  I wouldn’t think that will be anytime soon. 

12 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Ok...… but "coming soon" or "on hold"  the "revolution" isn't happening anytime soon...….  

Why in the world would a business that is teetering on bankruptcy be even considering spending $$ on ships that they can't say with ANY certainty will ever even sail again.  There just isn't any mystery here, but if people want to keep believing it's going to happen soon then, fine, I will continue to believe what I was told personally by a 17 year Celebrity employee who has never lead me wrong.....    

LOL. We're in total agreement here. "Coming Soon" is a bit of meaningless PR fluff. "Not Coming Soon" would be far more accurate given the current financial situation.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. We're in total agreement here. "Coming Soon" is a bit of meaningless PR fluff. "Not Coming Soon" would be far more accurate given the current financial situation.   

Indeed!

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The Infinity, in March of 2019, was indeed disheveled.  Missing a railing section from the Sunset Bar up to deck 11.  A section of a balcony visible from the Sunset Bar (looking down, not sure what room/deck) had yellow caution tape blocking off a portion.  A quick look around showed a lot more visible rust than I'd seen on any other Celebrity ship.   Enjoyable cruise nonetheless, but I was surprised.

We were on the Equinox shortly after it’s partial revolution and I know some were worried it would look worn in places, we thought it looked fantastic. In our view Celebrity set high standards when it comes to the maintenance of their ships.

Maybe this is an opportunity for X to reconsider the "revolutionizing".  Can they scale back those things that were routinely panned, while still upgrading the product?

The deck 10 forward rooms seem to always be available when I shop.  Considering that they downgraded those from Aqua shortly after installing them is a sign to me.  New rooms seem like they'd be a pricey addition.  I would love to keep the canopy at the Sunset Bar instead of the bacon strips.  The new rooms are great, but maybe there's a nearly-as-good in-between?  

57 minutes ago, yorky said:

We were on the Equinox shortly after it’s partial revolution and I know some were worried it would look worn in places, we thought it looked fantastic. In our view Celebrity set high standards when it comes to the maintenance of their ships.

We've been on 3 of the "S" class ships in the last 3 years and all were in great condition, this was before any "revolutionizing" had been done.  I didn't see the need for any big change on those ships, seemed like a waste of $$ that all should have been spent on the much older "M" class ships before any of the "S" class got done...and now, with what's happened those other 2 "M" class may never see the "revolution" happen for them at all.

From Bloomberg 3 days ago:

“We’re not saying we’re confident we are starting on August 1,” Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain said in a CNBC interview on Thursday. “We won’t come back until we’re absolutely sure we have done everything we can to work to protect the safety of our guests and crew.”

Whenever cruise ships reopen for business, there will likely be drastic changes onboard — which are still in brainstorm phases as authorities continue to learn about the coronavirus.

“I think we're all learning I think that's one of the important things and it's important that we do understand all of the implications," he said. "We have consulted with some of the leading experts in the world to make sure we have the best protocols, the best sanitation, the best hygiene, [and] the best testing to allow us to come back in a way that we're confident in doing all the things we should be to protect those people."

Fain suspects that capacity will be limited and self-service buffets have not been definitely eliminated, but their status is up in the air.

"My guess is that when we start, we will limit the number of people who can go onto a ship just as my neighborhood restaurants are beginning to open up,” Fain told CNBC.

As for social distancing he noted that a large cruise ship capable of carrying thousands of passengers will make social distancing easier. When occupancy rates are capped, people will be able to be spread out throughout the ship’s multiple floors.

“There's actually more room per person, so it’s not the size of the ship, it’s the way you manage your product,” Fain said.

Limiting the number of passengers also enables carrying smaller hotel and food service crews which will help with their "social distancing."  Establishing protocols for shows, bars and public events will be a challenge and again result in smaller total numbers of "guests."  Then working these issues with ports of call, which likely will further restrict numbers ashore at any one time, will also be a challenge.  And, lets don't forget that RCCL and others have just spent huge $$$ stuffing more passengers onto existing ships by removing public spaces and adding staterooms.  Now they have to figure out how to "un stuff" to make it safer for everyone's health, including crew.

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Aside from being told personally by a long time Celebrity staffer over a month ago you can go to post #270 on this thread for the "official" statement.

Post #270 is an article from Cruise Critic - usually accurate but I wanted official word from Celebrity.  It seems there are posts since then that have the actual published info from Celebrity.  In all my years on these boards, I've learned that "being told personally by a long time Celebrity staffer"  has sometimes proved to be correct and many more times proved to be incorrect (not that anyone was lying, but that there was either misinformation or an unexpected change).  My post was not intended to be offensive or question that you were correct - I just wanted to see where Celebrity had published it.  Until anything is officially  published by Celebrity I consider it rumor.  Never more true than in the current circumstances.

4 hours ago, D C said:

Maybe this is an opportunity for X to reconsider the "revolutionizing".  Can they scale back those things that were routinely panned, while still upgrading the product?

The deck 10 forward rooms seem to always be available when I shop.  Considering that they downgraded those from Aqua shortly after installing them is a sign to me.  New rooms seem like they'd be a pricey addition.  I would love to keep the canopy at the Sunset Bar instead of the bacon strips.  The new rooms are great, but maybe there's a nearly-as-good in-between?  

Those deck 10 forward cabins are still being sold as AquaClass on Venice to Greece next Fall. I wonder why. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, VitaminSea53 said:

We have booked 4 cabins on Connie Sept 2021 but will cancel if she is not refurbished. The issue is not the ‘revolution’ - I think the weird big chair looks impractical and the lack of table is just plain wrong- but I hear she looks tired and old. I want the 3 family member couples to have a top-notch experience on their first Celebrity Cruise. 

please - oh please - refurbish Connie!

Just wondering...do any of your family members enjoy the gym?  The revolutionized Connie will cut the locker room in half.  The current locker/shower/sauna facility is spacious and luxurious.  The new one looks like S class, way smaller and not functional, IMHO.

Cruises already booked will bear no resemblance whatsoever to what was expected when they were originally booked.

Will X make it crystal clear to travellers what they can now expect and give them an option of cancelling on the basis that they cannot deliver what was originally on offer?

With any other product or service that is not as originally described customers in law do have some form of redress (in the UK that is)!