Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

3 hours ago, coaster said:

Sorry, not giving a free pass on misinformation when it is so much easier to delete it online than create it. Virus or not.

3 hours ago, coaster said:

Sorry, not giving a free pass on misinformation when it is so much easier to delete it online than create it. Virus or not.

Agreed!  We are buying a product.  I bought for the revolutionized product.  And, at over $10,000 for two people in the sky suite, I believe we deserve it.

13 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Agreed!  We are buying a product.  I bought for the revolutionized product.  And, at over $10,000 for two people in the sky suite, I believe we deserve it.

You could always cancel, that is your choice. This refit was postponed by events beyond the control of Celebrity. It's unfortunate that mention of the "Revolution" on any ship is still on line, that being said it looks like the person posting had to search hard to find it.

It has been common knowledge that this refit is not happening for months and it has not yet been rescheduled.

When we booked our New Zealand cruise on Eclipse we expected to find her less than 3 months out of her "Revolution" alas the "Revolution" was postponed last October and had nothing to do with the current health crisis. So we really did have a bait and switch, we could have chosen to cancel but we are sticking with it. That being said the current health crisis may cancel our cruise as well.

• Like 1

We booked two Mediterranean cruises on the Infinity next year expecting her refurbishment. We got fantastic deals on both and I do not plan on canceling. Sure I am a little disappointed but happily, we will be on two cruises and after all that has happened this year it will be a fabulous. It is not Celebrity's fault that the scheduled refurbishments got delayed and all who love Celebrity should be happy they are still in business after this disastrously disappointing  year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

The virus happened.  Deal with it. Celebrity didn't cause the virus.   If you don't want to still go for that price, cancel.  We booked a B2B Sky Suite and we were THRILLED to be able to book a Sky Suite for $10,000 for 21 days at sea.  Was looking forward to the revolutionized ship but for that price, if it sails, we will still be thrilled.  That kind of a price for a SS is amazing!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I believe we deserve it.

People deserve to have back the hundreds of thousands of loved ones who have died from COVID-19. People deserve to be able to work. People deserve to be able to put food on the table. Forgive me if I have no sympathy for the terrible plight you are facing, cruising aboard a non-revolutionized Constellation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

The virus happened.  Deal with it. Celebrity didn't cause the virus.   If you don't want to still go for that price, cancel.  We booked a B2B Sky Suite and we were THRILLED to be able to book a Sky Suite for $10,000 for 21 days at sea.  Was looking forward to the revolutionized ship but for that price, if it sails, we will still be thrilled.  That kind of a price for a SS is amazing!

Same here!  Though our 21 days are split between Jan and March!  The price for a SS is amazing (was). The price has more than doubled now.  One extra martini and I won’t care the ship is not revolutionized.  Actually I am looking forward to the old ocean liner look in Michaels Club.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

You may think you deserve it, but in reality you are not going to get it. I think the best thing for you to do is cancel the cruise and wait a year or two for the new product, this will keep you from being disappointed and having a ruined cruise. Or put on your big girl panties and be happy you are on a cruise and not one of the thousands who did not survive the Covid virus. I for one also have no sympathy for your situation.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

You may think you deserve it, but in reality you are not going to get it. I think the best thing for you to do is cancel the cruise and wait a year or two for the new product, this will keep you from being disappointed and having a ruined cruise. Or put on your big girl panties and be happy you are on a cruise and not one of the thousands who did not survive the Covid virus. I for one also have no sympathy for your situation.

Totally agree

Life is a bit sh*t at the moment but if your main focus is on celebrities refubs - you need to get a life

I've also been fortunate enough to sail on both "revolution" and none revolution ships. Both have good and bad points. The thing that ALWAYS makes the cruise for me is not the new modern ideas and decor but the CREW 

So lets get over any 1st world problems, look forward to a great cruise and take a minute out to think of some people who have not been so fortunate.

Anyone who can't do that can always vote with their feet

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

People deserve to have back the hundreds of thousands of loved ones who have died from COVID-19. People deserve to be able to work. People deserve to be able to put food on the table. Forgive me if I have no sympathy for the terrible plight you are facing, cruising aboard a non-revolutionized Constellation.

Exactly.  I can't believe Momma Rene thinks she "deserves" to have a revolutionized ship.  You can cancel your trip if you don't want to sail on the ship as is.  After everything this country has been thru in the last few months, I'm happy to take Connie as is.  I need a vacation.  Once again, its free will.  No one is forcing you to take this trip.  

• Like 3

In fairness  this is a cruise ship forum on the Constellation Revolution, so if people want to express their disappointment at not having the the ship the way they want it then this is the forum to do it on.  Let’s all play nice people, there is enough horrible things out in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I am kind of the outlier here.

I would be more than happy to sail on an unrevolutionized ship.  In fact, am happy that when we sail Reflection in April it will not be but Silhouette will be in November.

Thought the Michael's decor was classy.  Find the Retreat decor tacky and sterile.

Liked having a full size table on my balcony.  Liked having a place for dining inside the room.

Think the Revolutionized ships are decor in search of an audience.

The antithesis of form following function. 

• Like 1

The real problem with all this it that the cruise lines are keeping whatever information they have very close hold.  They re not interested in keeping their clientele informed by any stretch of the imagination.  This leads to misinformation and speculation on the status of their ships and itineraries.  They are in the business of making money, not being our BFF.  So keeping information close helps them keep monies flowing in from people who want to and are ready to cruise.  But remember, its their game, their ball, their field, and their rules - and it all can change at a moments notice.  Investing in a cruise at the moment is playing very long odds that it will go even close to the itinerary and at the price quoted.  Once they have your $$$, as we are seeing, you have very little choice or impact on a cruise.  New normal!

On 3/28/2020 at 4:47 PM, ciera123 said:

Wondering if they will even continue with the revolutions with all that is going on. We were planning on booking the Constellation for February, so hoping they will continue! 

We are booked on "Connie" for Feb 11, 2021.  Hope she sails but on the other hand hope she doesn't.  Can't imagine being in an elevator or buffet with 30 BFF's

Wondering if they will even continue with the revolutions with all that is going on. We were planning on booking the Constellation for February, so hoping they will continue! 

We are booked on "Connie" for Feb 11, 2021.  Hope she sails but on the other hand hope she doesn't.  Can't imagine being in an elevator or buffet with 30 BFF's

4 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

They are in the business of making money, not being our BFF.  So keeping information close helps them keep monies flowing in from people who want to and are ready to cruise. 

In our case, they're more likely to lose money since they're shoving us into a situation where we may have to cancel our October 2020 T/A altogether, assuming it sails at all.  Because they won't commit to NOT doing the Connie Revolution prior to the October 2021 T/A, and since they are already showing our FV cabin as reclassified to SV DUE to the Revolution, they won't allow us to keep our cabin or any like it for a Lift & Shift --- and I'm certainly not trading an FV for 'just' an ordinary veranda cabin.  The difference in cabin classes for the longer cruise is just too extreme.

By now you would think they would have sorted out a schedule based upon best/worst case financial projections, and if this ship isn't going to undergo a Revolution at all, or at least not near term, based upon any case, they need to re-re-classify the cabins in order to get their cabin inventory straight so that customers and agents know what the heck is actually available for future cruises.  If they do choose to mothball Connie, you'd think that decision would have washed out of the numbers projections by now as well, in which case it's doubly important that they not lead their customers and agents down the garden path with regard to inventory and dates.  Even as a loyal X customer, there are limits to that loyalty.  We'll give them until our final payment to make up their minds about the status of FV vs. SV for 2021, and if no answers forthcoming, we'll just pull the plug altogether.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adamoz73 said:

In fairness  this is a cruise ship forum on the Constellation Revolution, so if people want to express their disappointment at not having the the ship the way they want it then this is the forum to do it on.  Let’s all play nice people, there is enough horrible things out in the world.

Unfortunately the posts in question go beyond simple disappointment.  We all understand and sympathize with disappointment - we are all feeling it.  It's the entitled view, the false advertising accusations and so on that caused us to lose that sympathy pretty fast.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

If you paid for Filet Mignon and are told it will be  chuck...very good reason to cancel.  No other  option,  b/c you cannot insist they follow the  original upgrade schedule.

Maybe prices will come down for the ship if more cancel and do not book at the high pricesl

Unfortunately, there is the very real chance that US citizens will not be allowed to travel to Spain, Italy and the rest of Europe until at least the end of the year because of the out of control spread of the covid-19, that is increasing not decreasing.  They simply won't allow their countries to become contaminated again.

By the way the Constellation is now just south of Cyprus and the Infinity was off the coast of India on a course to the Suez Canal.  Curious.

Edited by GrayMatter

Just noticed yesterday and today that there are no cabins showing for the March 29, 2021 11 night itinerary.  I don't believe it is sold out as my TA site is still showing it with many cabins available.  Celebrity and some of the other large common TA sites are also showing no inventory.   I would hope it's not a charter as the flight schedules are already open for that time but who knows these days.